Napa Dinner Recommendations

1,312 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BSD
htownag2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Headed to Napa this week. We have 2 nights with no dinner plans yet. Anyone have some recs for dinner for around $50/person? Also, any recs for a casual place?

No French Laundry for me...
dcbowers
AG
Why not Thomas Keller's casual restaurant in Yountville, Ad Hoc ?

Delicious set menu, reasonably priced (wine may push the price over your budget, but you are in Napa). Make reservations.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Ad Hoc is great but getting reservations this late may be tough. Bistro Jeanty and Bottega are both great "cheaper" options but you will be pushing the 50 dollar per person mark. Hog Island Oyster Co is great and very easy to get under your spending limit.
Fall92
AG
Bouchon.
BSD
AG
Bouchon and Bistro Jeanty are favorites of mine. Remember that you can BYO wine for a nominal charge. I like Ad Hoc but it's a set menu...I'm always afraid they'll serve something that I'll regret eating over something I could have eaten at Bouchon.
ryanb12thman
AG
Mustards Grill is always on our list of places to eat when we go to Napa
BSD
AG
Mustards is good, as well as her other restaurant, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen.
TXCityGirl
Cindy's is delicious and charming. Archetype is also delicious and up the road a bit. Highly recommend. Also ate at Cole's Chop House, and it was okay - not as memorable.
BSD
AG
For a good steak, go to Press in St Helena, but that is not $50/person.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
We had dinner at Bistro Don Giovanni when we were there in August and it was very good.

Edit: unsolicited advice: Boon Fly Cafe for for breakfast (get the chicken and waffles)
Matsui
AG
When is "off season" in Napa/Sonoma? I live out west, so making quick long weekend trips are easy for us.
BSD
AG
January and February is certainly off season. The wine is in the barrel and budbreak is a ways off so not a lot is going on at the wineries. It's also rainy at that time of year. We've done March there and I don't remember it being too bad. But I was hammered all that week so I don't quite remember the details.
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
We are looking at going out to Napa in mid-March this year. Do you know if there are any places (wineries/restaurants) that are closed because it's the "off season"?
Matsui
AG
I believe if you don't care about seeing actual wine making process or wandering in the vineyards, then the tasting rooms and local restaurants etc are all open. Which is what I prefer. Once I saw the process once that is good enough for me.
BSD
AG
Yep, one tour is enough. Then taste all you can. Almost everyone should be open. Some very small producers might be unavailable but the most wineries are open for business. We've done "spring break" there with no problems from what I was told.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.