Best All Inclusive resorts?

2,141 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXCityGirl
FincAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I will be celebrating and want to travel to an all inclusive resort, adults only, leave the kiddo behind for about 5 days. I have never been to one, or out of the country for that matter other than Mexico. She has been to Jamaica before, but I'd rather go somewhere else. Any experience with places that you liked and enjoyed, or recommendations for us to look into would be appreciated. For the sake of conversation, we will leave out what our budget is for the trip to broaden the discussion. TIA
Ag_07
AG
This should be fun
07fta07
AG
I'd just search for the monthly EPM vs Secrets pissing match. I guess we are in a new month, so let's get this started...
10Aggie10
AG
Sandals Grande St. Lucia - spring for a butler and private pool. Amazing panoramic views (on a peninsula); stay at 1-play at 3. Lots of fun excursions on the island, including the Pitons.

Sandals LaSource - Grenada. Beautiful island; very relaxing. Private beach.

Just two non-Jamaica, non-Mexico options.
FincAg
AG
Mexico would be fine, we just hopped the border when it used to be safe and also hit some summer beaches in college. Never been to an all inclusive or real resort down there.

I looked at the recent thread 07fta07, thank you.

I was thinking mid February. Can we still be in the waters off Mexico or do we need to be down in the Caymans, T&T, Aruba, Antiqua, Turks & Caicos?

gigemaggies88
Look at cocos hotel in Antigua, we went in May, totally differant experience than a place like epm, very quite peaceful place, they only have about 30 cottages, views from the room were amazing
DonaldFDraper
AG
Bumping this thread because I am starting to research options for my honeymoon in June 2017.

Any recommendations specific to honeymoon trips?

Experiences using the discount sites like Groupon and/or Cheap Caribbean .com?

A little more info... I have quite a bit of Chase Ultimate Rewards and American miles saved up so would be great if I could use some of those but not an absolute requirement. Location wise, anywhere except for Mexico is on the table. We would be leaving out of DFW on a Monday then probably come back on the next Saturday.
TXCityGirl
Use Tripadvisor.com for trip-planning. It really has the best reviews and info you can find online. You will get a better vacation package price buying a package from the airline you have your points with, so check their website.

On a side note, I recommend the Valentin Imperial Maya. It's quiet and south of Cancun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.