Anyone know about Guanacaste, Costa Rica?

1,516 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by valvemonkey91
AgLA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My parents are going in April for a week and my dad wants to catch Rooster and Mahi.

Anyone got any recs for a charter?

Any other info or places they should know or do?
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
There are a hundred Costa Rica threads on here. Do a quick search and you will find more than you ever wanted. Great place, great people and a really great time.
AgLA06
AG
Will do. I did a search for Guanacaste, but didn't find anything.
HtownAg92
AG
That's the state / region. Look for Tamarindo, Playa del Coco, "flights to Liberia", "Witch's Rock", etc. for that region.

AgLA06
AG
quote:
That's the state / region. Look for Tamarindo, Playa del Coco, "flights to Liberia", "Witch's Rock", etc. for that region.

Thanks
ChipFTAC01
AG
We went a few years ago on a familyt trip. Didn't fish, but I'll offer any help I can.

We rented a nice house in the hills above Potrero. Nice modern house with live-in care takers, but not walking distance to the beach (or anything else). Every morning and every night we'd have to bump down and then bump back up and old dirt mountain road. It was nice though from the perspective of having family time. We stayed in and made our own dinner most nights, hung out by the pool, had cocktails and listened to music.

A couple of the days we went down to Playa Flamingo, which is a nice beach with a few amenities, but isn't too touristy. One day we drove over to Tamarindo which was much more touristy (and not as nice of a beach). They also have a bigger grocery store there so we were able to get more stuff for the week. My wife and I went to one of the zip-lining places one morning, had to bump along a mountain road for about an hour to get there.

We did a day trip up to Nicaragua. Nice trip but it was a really long day. Crossing the border into Nicaragua (and back to CR) wasn't the easiest.

All in all, it was a nice trip and very relaxing.
PJYoung
AG
We're headed over to Playa Flamingo next week.

Staying at the Westin all-inclusive the first night and then a rented house on a cliff for the next 7.

We have chartered a sunset cruise and a fishing trip so far. Super excited!
valvemonkey91
AG
The fishing is better further south toward Jaco. Stayed in Tamarindo a few years back. Great place, great surfing, great beach. Only problem was that it was far from any "excursions". Canopy tours, white water rapids in rain Forrest, etc were all at least an hour and a half drive from Tamarindo.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.