Travel in Thailand/Travel Agent Recommendation

I am taking the bar exam in July and my wife and I want to go on a 2-3 week trip (traditionally known as a Bar Trip) in August to relax before I start working. We've narrowed on to Thailand. Any recommendations on travel agents or hotels?

Hotels and airfare appear really reasonable right now.

Any advice welcome!
I assume you have looked at the weather for Thailand for August? Rainy in the north and the south can vary greatly.

http://www.travelfish.org/weather/thailand/august
I wouldnt worry too much about the weather. Even if its rainy season you mostly just get some showers around the same time every day.
I've been to Thailand for a few weeks each of the last two summers and am going again this year for a few weeks. Like the previous poster said, don't worry about the rain. It's usually an hour or two in the afternoon and not a big deal. I don't think you need a travel agent. Travel around the country is very easy and inexpensive. I would just arrange the trip myself. Are you looking exclusively at the beaches or a mix of the north and south? I'm not sure where you are flying from but Singapore Airlines had very good prices from Houston. I paid $1050 to fly from IAH to Phnom Penh and then home from Singapore. United was about $600 more.
quote:
I've been to Thailand for a few weeks each of the last two summers and am going again this year for a few weeks. Like the previous poster said, don't worry about the rain. It's usually an hour or two in the afternoon and not a big deal. I don't think you need a travel agent. Travel around the country is very easy and inexpensive. I would just arrange the trip myself. Are you looking exclusively at the beaches or a mix of the north and south? I'm not sure where you are flying from but Singapore Airlines had very good prices from Houston. I paid $1050 to fly from IAH to Phnom Penh and then home from Singapore. United was about $600 more.
Mix of north and south. Right now we are planning on hitting Bangkok, ****et, Chiang Mai and then Siem Reap in Cambodia.

Any thoughts on those places?
Chiang Mai and Siem Reap are both great and deserve 4 nights each in my opinion. Almost everyone has to pass through Bangkok eventually, and many people will tell you not to spend too much time there. Personally, I love Bangkok and have spent a week there on each of my trips. If you haven't been to the region before, it's a good place to get acclimated. I haven't been to ****et yet, but I'll be there in June. I've been told Koh Samui has better weather for the beach in July/August.
Wife and I did Bangkok & ****et last November through Groupon. The travel agency was Affordable Asia and we would highly recommend them.

Here's the package we did. It was $1,800 per person on their website, and $1,400 with the Groupon.
http://www.affordableasia.com/vacation-packages/bangkok-to-****et-10-days-8-nights/itinerary
My Aunt is a travel agent and does a great job. She will get the best prices and if anything goes wrong she will absolutely have it fixed asap. She has connections all over.

Marje Janacek
979-574-7324
I really can't wrap my head around millennials ever using travel agents. I feel like that is such a dying profession.

I went to Europe for 3 weeks about 6 months ago. I planned and booked everything myself after reading/researching everything online. With the amount of travel blogs, forums, and review sites, its pretty easy.
My wife and I have recently returned from a two-month vacation in Koh Samui, Thailand. We rented a wonderful private pool villa we had booked on http://yourkohsamuivillas.com/koh-samui-long-term-rental/ in advance. You know, Koh Samui is a premier holiday destination in Asia. My personal must-to-see/to-do list
- Big Buddha sculpture
- The Ang Thong National Marine Park
- Silver beach
- Fishersman Village
- Namuang Waterfall
- Wat Phra Yai
- The Koh Samui Tiger Zoo
- Secret Buddha Garden
- many-many other things....
Honestly, this two months vacation has been the most fantastic time in our life!
Here's something to do in Thailand that you might find interesting: http://www.twotravelingtexans.com/p361/
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >