Pensacola

1,858 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Whoop Delecto
McInnisAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags,

Planning on taking a trip with the wife to Pensacola in June. Any recommendations on things we must see other than the beach? Also, has anyone stayed at Pensacola Victorian bed and breakfast?

--------------------------------------------------------
There's a spirit can ne'er be told
It's the Spirit of Aggieland.

We will never forget 11.18.1999
BTHO Bonfire

Est 1964 - 2011
McInnis Mad Men
bqaggie86
Not sure if the Blue Angels will be there then. Do you dive? If so, there is the Oriskiny.
McInnisAg08
AG
Yes we are going to drive. Stay one night in New Orleans and continue to Pensacola the next morning.

So any good places to stop along the way would be nice too.

--------------------------------------------------------
There's a spirit can ne'er be told
It's the Spirit of Aggieland.

We will never forget 11.18.1999
BTHO Bonfire

Est 1964 - 2011
McInnis Mad Men
bqaggie86
I meant scuba dive, not drive.
bqaggie86
I meant scuba dive, not drive.
62strat
AG
Hah we did exact same trip. A night in NOLA. then to Pensacola for 4 days. There's the naval museum. Other than that just drive around. It's a small town. We were on Pensacola beach in a brand new hotel the holiday inn. (not the express). Highly recommend it.
McInnisAg08
AG
We plan on spending most of our time at the beach and we will go to the museum. Other than that just making sure there are no other musts in Pensacola or stops along the way from NOLA.
bqaggie86
If your interested, Avery Island is an interesting stop on the way to NOLA. You can stock up on some interesting Tabasco products.
Txaggie2015
If you plan on cooking at all, head to Joe Patti's to get some awesome seafood if that's you're thing. You could see a hockey game if there is one at home when you're here.

Fort Pickens is awesome if you're into history/military. There is an 8 dollar entrance fee though but it's worth it and lasts a week.

And of course the Naval Aviation Museum. I go there multiple times a year and never get bored. There is also a historic lighthouse on NAS Pensacola that has tours sometimes (rumor has it it's haunted).

I'm from Pensacola if you have any specific questions
Txaggie2015
Nevermind on the hockey game- didn't see that you were coming in June.

Definitely make time to see a Blue Angels practice. I think the Wednesday morning practices have meet and greets with the pilots after but it changes sometimes.

We also have a new AA baseball team- the Blue Wahoos. They have a great ballpark that will be overlooking Pensacola Bay. They are a farm team for the Cincinnati Reds.

[This message has been edited by Txaggie2015 (edited 1/5/2012 7:46p).]
McInnisAg08
AG
So can anyone drive up to the beach and find a parking spot? Or do you have to buy a parking pass similar to Corpus?
Txaggie2015
There is a toll bridge that goes from Gulf Breeze to Pensacola Beach and it's $1 but parking is free everywhere
Rusty GCS
AG
I'm staying at https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnresorts/hotels/us/en/pensacola-beach/pnspb/hoteldetail in June with the wife and young kids

Anymore tips would be appreciated. Considering the New Orleans thing too but might skip on that. I already live in South Louisiana. Kids do New Orleans about once a year.
Big Al 1992
AG
Check out Blue Angels - they train right there and the schedule May be online.
bhanacik
AG
Definitely check out the National Naval museum. It's free and we visited with our young kiddos as well several years back. Everyone had a great time

https://www.navalaviationmuseum.org
TresPuertas
AG
Where are you driving from?
Rusty GCS
AG
Between Lake Charles and Lafayette is the starting point.
Mustang1
AG
National Naval museum is a must
TresPuertas
AG
Rusty GCS said:

Between Lake Charles and Lafayette is the starting point.
gotcha

sounds like the one place I was going to suggest is going to be North. Anyone going that direction on 20 needs to stop at the Old Country Store in Lorman, MS (near Natchez and S. of Vicksburg).

Best fried chicken I've ever had.
Cyprian
AG
I go to Navarre beach fairly often - less beach crowds. There's a huge fishing pier down there also worth checking out. Can rent rods, etc, too if you are so inclined.

-------------
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.
Whoop Delecto
AG
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.