***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,514,596 Views | 63156 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by tjack16
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can only speak for myself but I greatly appreciate 2015's insights whenever he shares them. It is obvious some people don't understand how if you out a source then you lose that source and no one else in the industry would trust you with anything.

I also think that 2015 knows exactly what Abreu is going through and it hits close to home for him, so whenever anyone talks bad about Abreu he imagines what it was like for him. If you don't like what he posts then put him on ignore. I wish I could be at Abreu's first game back so I could yell encouragement at him, in Spanish obviously, and let him know we all have his back.
All I do is Nguyen
texasaggie2015 said:

I don't know what I did to you but I hope you have a good day man.
my new favorite response when someone is being a dick is to tell them "have the day you deserve" lol
n_touch
texasaggie2015 said:

We live in a culture that we have to know everything about everyone. If that was not the case the E!, or any tabloid that we see at the register would not exist. We as a society and people in general like to tear people down that have more than we do because it makes us feel better. It is human nature and the internet/social media has made it worse.

I will go back to what I said before, and I don't care what demons he is facing, we all have them. Some are worse than others. If it is even remotely as bad as you are saying then the Astros as an organization are failing one of its own. This is on them to help him in anyway they can. Screw the money, help the man. Putting him in a position to fail again is not going to fix the issues and will not benefit him in the long run.

As said before the average fan only sees that he is sucking it up and getting paid a lot of money to do so. They will go after him. After fan comes from fanatic, not loyal loving compassionate person.
BTKAG97
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Nothing. As already stated, it's not your right to make public that Abreu may be suffering psychological or some other ailment. That's up to Abreu and only Abreu.
n_touch
texasaggie2015 said:

Thanks. I know I rub a lot of people here the wrong way and that's not my intention.
Some of them should just be lucky to get a rub.....

redline248
AG
Another RHP and no Loperfido. I get that Dubon is swinging it pretty well, right now, but dang
Beau Holder
AG
I legitimately wonder what is going through Joe Espada's head every time he just inks Alex Bregman's name back at cleanup. Remember those two games against the A's??? Case closed!
The Porkchop Express
AG
I just hate the message you're sending Yuey Guperfido - play great, bust your ass every play, hit over .300, sit on the bench.
texasaggie2015
AG
People like you make it absolutely miserable sharing info on here
All I do is Nguyen
Put his ass on ignore man. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. Besides the majority of us appreciate your inside info.
texasaggie2015
AG
If I had stars I absolutely would lol

Enough of that BS- hope everyone has a good Memorial Day weekend.
txags92
AG
Beau Holder said:

I legitimately wonder what is going through Joe Espada's head every time he just inks Alex Bregman's name back at cleanup. Remember those two games against the A's??? Case closed!

The guy who should have been sitting for a week was Bregman. Let Dubon play 3B and Loperfido in the OF while Bregman works on his mechanics again.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Maybe he's going through some personal demons. Give him a break!
Ag_07
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Thanks. I know I rub a lot of people here the wrong way and that's not my intention.

The only people you rub the wrong way are the a-holes.
htxag09
AG
****…..that's a **** ton of posts for a dude not even on the team at the moment. Why don't we worry about current problems like a .200 auto pop up out in the 4 hole
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That looks bad. Sometimes I wonder if guys that are such tremendous athletes are just destined to have short careers because their bodies can do so much that they push beyond the normal limits. LIke Fred Lynn or Eric Davis, who when healthy were top 5 dominant, but could never stay that way.

Acuna has been unstoppable in his 2 full seasons, but those were 5 years apart (2019 / 2023).
Farmer1906
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Why you such a ****?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Farmer1906 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

Why you such a ****?
I don't like the double standard playing out on the board.
superaggie73
AG
BTKAG97 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I'm not comfortable sharing that here unfortunately.
Then don't mention it,period. Many of your posts come across as attention seeking and "I am better than you because I have 'insider knowledge'".

As already been mentioned by everyone else…respectfully stfu and gtfo. You're not wanted here.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

That doesn't sound ominous at all... Wonder if Javier is hurt again
EastCoastAgNc
AG
JDUB08AG
AG
So help me god if abreu is starting tomorrow
bearkatag15
AG
JDUB08AG said:

So help me god if abreu is starting tomorrow

He will be. 1000% sure of it
bearkatag15
AG

Detroit is sneaky good.
texasaggie2015
AG

texasaggie2015 said:

If you're taking a shot at me and using the fact that I opened up about some of my personal demons I've fought and continue to fight, that's pretty low my friend. And probably my cue to sign off for a while.
Cromagnum
AG
n_touch said:

Cromagnum said:

After Abreus final at bat, someone yelled loudly "you aren't gonna get out of the minors like that".

LOL
Where you that someone?

LOL. No. My wife would have murdered me on the spot.

I actually shouted "let's go Jose, or cmon Abreu" a couple times to support the dude.
AustinCountyAg
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

If you're taking a shot at me and using the fact that I opened up about some of my personal demons I've fought and continue to fight, that's pretty low my friend. And probably my cue to sign off for a while.
I think it was a shot at Abreu not you. I think
BQRyno
AG
I wish Abreu the best. I hope he has a long happy healthy life after baseball. I also wish that life after baseball would start tomorrow instead of his next MLB stint. Seriously nothing but the best to the guy. But if he doesn't give the Astros the best chance to win, it's time to cut a fat check and wish him the best. I know, obvious post is obvious.
AggiEE
W said:

so no Loperfido again

he must be the one going down when Abreu comes up

wtf is wrong with Espada?

Dusty 2.0
BQRyno
AG
I sincerely hope this is a push to improve the trade value for Chas. If that's not the reason, I'm totally clueless.
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

Wait. This is his 100% vesting year? Does he have to finish year 10 or just start year 10? Because that is a factor here.

This is all I could find on the vesting year after a quick search:

"The tangible benefits of putting in 10 years of service with a minimum of 172 days on the active roster or disabled list as the annual requirement are significant even for players who earn millions of dollars a year."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/06/11/mlb-10-years-service-time-benefits-pension/682546002/

But, Jose Abreu started in 2014, so I think this is technically his 11th season unless the COVID year doesn't count.
The Porkchop Express
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

I'm not taking a shot at anything having to do with anything you're going through.

But i agree 1000% with the poster who said you are severely in the wrong revealing personal information about Abreu and Pena battling personal issues.

if it's not our business to know, what in the world makes it you business to share that it's going on at all?

texasaggie2015
AG
Put me on mute if you don't like it. This gets so exhausting and it's best I just stop sharing anything at all because it always leads to this. Sorry to everyone else but constantly being told what I can and can't post just gets old. The easy solution on my end is to just stop posting anything that isn't already public info.
linkdude
AG
Nats came back against the Mariners in the 7th, but a late surge has the M's up 9-5 in the ninth.

Rangers up 6-1 as well, gotta win to keep pace today
First Page Last Page
Page 696 of 1805

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.