***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

3,511,736 Views | 63124 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by txags92
JPN06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Abreu sucks. Maybe he stopped juicing. Maybe age just caught up to him. But he's cooked.
W
AG
yes indeed

the A's are awful

only scored 7 runs in their 5 games vs. the Astros

despite the Astros' pitching staff ranking bottom five in MLB -- in ERA and WHIP and other categories
ttha_aggie_09
AG
The Abreu experiment needs to end. It's not personal but the dude is never going to be a contributor in this lineup. That was known before he went down and hasn't changed at all since. Best of luck and enjoy retirement
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Serviam
Mathguy64 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Dude was a .250 hitter for 3 seasons, with an OBP of .300, SLG of .400 and OPS in the .600 range... I'm glad that something is clicking, and that the team saw something in him, and i'm very happy to be very wrong about him if this new Jake is the real Jake. But it's not like he didn't legit suck for a lengthy bit.

I'm sitting here miserable from a ribeye coma but I'm still pretty sure .300 + .400 = .700. And he's closer to a .700 OPS for his career than .600

Post pics of ribeye
astros4545
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

0:48 sec mark
SECcess12
Was nice to beat up on Stripling again. More like *****ling.
Mathguy64
AG
Serviam said:

Mathguy64 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Dude was a .250 hitter for 3 seasons, with an OBP of .300, SLG of .400 and OPS in the .600 range... I'm glad that something is clicking, and that the team saw something in him, and i'm very happy to be very wrong about him if this new Jake is the real Jake. But it's not like he didn't legit suck for a lengthy bit.

I'm sitting here miserable from a ribeye coma but I'm still pretty sure .300 + .400 = .700. And he's closer to a .700 OPS for his career than .600

Post pics of ribeye

There is nothing to post. I ate the whole thing.

https://leonageneral.com
tjack16
AG
For one game only last night I wanted to do away with the DH…. Would have loved to see JV plunk stripling with 95
texasaggie2015
AG
https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/astros-jose-lima-death-19474441.php

Story time.

I was blessed to have a dad that would take a day off work about once a month and take me to the Astros game. We always would hang out near the player entrance (whether it was the Astrodome or MMP) and I would try to get autographs. I met most of the players and still have hundreds of baseballs with autographs of Astros players and visiting players like Al Leiter, Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, and more. Amazing memories to look back on.

I believe the year was 2000. First year at what used to be called Enron Field. There were some guys who would sign maybe once in a blue moon and there were other guys who would sign every time. Jose Lima was one of those guys that wouldn't leave until every single fan had something signed. He was gold.

Well, on this specific day, there was only a couple of us waiting for autographs and Jose Lima pulled up in his car and rolled down his window. He signed my baseball and signed for a couple others too. I was probably 8 or 9 years old and I told him I liked his car. I don't remember what he was driving and I probably didn't even like the car. I just wanted to talk to a Major League Baseball player.

Lima asked who my dad was and I pointed over to where he was standing. He then asked my dad if I could hop in for a ride. My dad agreed.

I hopped in and Lima took me around the block in his ride. He was blasting his music, windows down. It probably didn't last more than 2-3 minutes but it was one of he coolest things ever for a kid who loved his Astros. I will never forget that day.

Just wanted to share that on a Saturday morning. Jose Lima was special.
Pahdz
He was such a treasure. Me and some friends were lucky enough to score some floor seats to a Rockets game maybe Yao's rookie year and Lima and his girl were sitting directly in front of us. He chatted us up a few early 20's guys like we were old friends.
houag78
AG
Great story…and what a great dad.
Harry Dunne
texasaggie2015 said:

https://www.chron.com/sports/astros/article/astros-jose-lima-death-19474441.php

Story time.

I was blessed to have a dad that would take a day off work about once a month and take me to the Astros game. We always would hang out near the player entrance (whether it was the Astrodome or MMP) and I would try to get autographs. I met most of the players and still have hundreds of baseballs with autographs of Astros players and visiting players like Al Leiter, Ken Griffey Jr, Adam Dunn, and more. Amazing memories to look back on.

I believe the year was 2000. First year at what used to be called Enron Field. There were some guys who would sign maybe once in a blue moon and there were other guys who would sign every time. Jose Lima was one of those guys that wouldn't leave until every single fan had something signed. He was gold.

Well, on this specific day, there was only a couple of us waiting for autographs and Jose Lima pulled up in his car and rolled down his window. He signed my baseball and signed for a couple others too. I was probably 8 or 9 years old and I told him I liked his car. I don't remember what he was driving and I probably didn't even like the car. I just wanted to talk to a Major League Baseball player.

Lima asked who my dad was and I pointed over to where he was standing. He then asked my dad if I could hop in for a ride. My dad agreed.

I hopped in and Lima took me around the block in his ride. He was blasting his music, windows down. It probably didn't last more than 2-3 minutes but it was one of he coolest things ever for a kid who loved his Astros. I will never forget that day.

Just wanted to share that on a Saturday morning. Jose Lima was special.
THAT is awesome. They don't make em like Jose Lima anymore.
jetch17
AG
Now I want some sh*tty Casa Ole
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
For all the Jake haters….how you doin…!
Beat40
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

This is peak internet.
Prosperdick
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I don't hate Jake, just that might be the worst photoshop ever.
CFTXAG10
AG
jetch17 said:

Do not disparage the great name of Casa Ole! Fresh today every day!
Serviam
CFTXAG10 said:

jetch17 said:

Do not disparage the great name of Casa Ole! Fresh today every day!

Who needs Casa Ole when you can have El Charro? That place has to be a drug den but damned if they haven't been in business for 30+ years
Big Bucks
AG
Growing up a huge Astros fan, living in Houston straight out of college in the late 90's was special. Lima Time was definitely a thing and his "antics" were ahead of his time.
Sex Panther
AG
That's awesome... I loved Lima Time
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
So if Loperfido doesn't start today… does he get another start before Abreu returns?
redline248
AG
tjack16 said:

So if Loperfido doesn't start today… does he get another start before Abreu returns?
I just don't understand what the team is doing. 2nd series in a row Chas started against a RHP when there is a lefty on the mound the very next day.

I know at some point they hope Chas is a regular regardless of the pitcher, but if you have someone like Joey then platoon them properly.
Ag_07
AG
Chas can't increase his trade value is he's sitting on the bench.
MaxPower
This….I hope
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Sometimes it Bielak that multiple times
Ag_07
AG
Right?

I was only half kidding but seriously...This is the way.
tjack16
AG
He's not good enough for the A's? I find that hard to believe…
superaggie73
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Sometimes it Bielak that multiple times

Time to come back home already on a minor league deal. Especially with Uriquidy likely headed to Tommy John.
maca1028
Lima was a blast to watch. No where near as cool of a story but we went to see him pitch at the dome when I was in HS. Walked down to the bullpen to watch him warm up, when the bullpen was down the first base line. He talked to us the entire time he was warming up, even asked us after a few pitches to call balls and strikes for him. Of course everything was a strike. After he got done he stopped to sign autographs for about 10 minutes. Name a pitcher these days that would do that before a start.
linkdude
AG
I wouldn't hate that, but I wonder if Bielak would rather have a fresh start somewhere. Maybe Baltimore would take a flier on him?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16 said:

He's not good enough for the A's? I find that hard to believe…

I think it's a numbers game. They desperately needed bullpen arms because they have had to throw so many innings on consecutive days. He was just the odd man out
redline248
AG
Dubon at 1st
f1ghtintexasaggie
Loperfido is def the one going down for Abreu, and that's really gonna suck. The kid has done just about everything we possibly could have asked, and he's still gonna be shuffled down for an old paper weight.
First Page Last Page
Page 689 of 1804

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.