***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,893,417 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tjack16 said:

Montero and Pressly blew the lead. And Javier had his worst start

That's why we lost. Montero needs to not touch a mound if it's a close game

And yet you know Dusty will treat the next game like 2022, just as he has done every game to date. It worked last year and he won a ring… why are questioning him???? Dumbass Dusty.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
The Peña throwing error was a real kick in the nads.
agproducer
AG
This stretch has been brutal.

Monday cannot get here soon enough for this team.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
And 9 runs means we get shutout tomorrow
Wabs
AG
Is the organization going to just write off this season as Dusty's farewell tour or are we going to can him and try to recover?
maca1028
If we're gonna have a down year I'm gonna need the Ag's to step it up this fall.
Dies Irae
Luckily we still have our challenge
ttha_aggie_09
AG
There is no defending Dusty and all of his actions and/or inactions. If you fail to see why it took him forever to win a ring despite having managed more talented teams than anyone not wearing a Yankees uniform, you're a moron.
Prosperdick
AG
Prosperdick said:

J Peterman said:

With Yordan out, who is going to get our one run a game now?

Hypothetical, would you rather go 0-10 in the next 10, Dusty is canned, Joe Epsada takes us on a run and we go into the Wild Card playoff with him as our manager

Or 2nd, would you rather Diaz gets forced to play, hits .565 with 5 HR and 10 RBIS in the next 10 games, we go 6-4, but of course Dusty benched Diaz as soon as Maldy is back, and we are stuck with Dusty until seasons end?
Option 1...I'm done with Dusty.
And now you know why I went with option 1.
Aggie8587
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Someone explain to be why we didn't walk the hot batter to get to a scrub catcher hitting .119.

I'll hang up and listen.
Because it would've set up a righty-on-righty matchup and put a double play in order. Can't make a sensible move in that situation
Marvin
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Someone explain to be why we didn't walk the hot batter to get to a scrub catcher hitting .119.

I'll hang up and listen.

Same reason he didn't walk Judge last year in NY with a base open in the bottom of the 9th. Because he's an absolute idiot who rode the team to a ring last year.
HarryRocket
ttha_aggie_09 said:

There is no defending Dusty and all of his actions and/or inactions. If you fail to see why it took him forever to win a ring despite having managed more talented teams than anyone not wearing a Yankees uniform, you're a moron.

I don't disagree. They won in spite, I mean, listen, he could keep them happy with sour patch kids and high fives or something, idk, but his game management and lines up cards are trash
agproducer
AG
Martinez pitched his ass off. He deserved better.
f1ghtintexasaggie
We just lost in 14 innings after blowing a four run lead in regulation and three additional leads in Manfredtime to a team four games under .500 in unquestionably the worst division in baseball (as evidenced by said team being in SECOND PLACE in said division).

This is the low ebb of the season, boys. Not sure how much lower we can actually sink.
Boiling Denim
MAROON said:

Typical season after a title. Lots of little things going wrong along with way too many injuries. Plus a sun-par Manager.

I still have game 6 from last year taped. I'm just gonna watch that from now on.

Getting heavy 2019 Red Sox vibes. If the starting pitching starts to falter then we're pretty much toast
Ag12thman
AG
Had no business losing that game.
Aggie8587
AG
In all seriousness - what will it take for Crane to can Dusty? We really have to sit here and watch him torpedo games all season while our championship window is still open?

Would it take us being below .500 at the ASB? Worse?
Dies Irae
Aggie8587 said:

In all seriousness - what will it take for Crane to can Dusty? We really have to sit here and watch him torpedo games all season while our championship window is still open?

Nothing
Jet Black
Clown team has no edge. Maybe next year.
Marvin
AG
Aggie8587 said:

There is no scenario short of Dusty groping Mrs. Crane. Or Jim… maybe.
cc10106
Another loss to an AL Central team. Such horse sh*t.
Ags #1
AG
This team is not good right now. And we got france then blielak to right the ship
redline248
AG
flaming bag of sh-t
BCEDAg
AG
Right now Dubon and Alvarez are co-MVP's of this team. Can't imagine where the Stros would be record wise without the contributions from Dubon, especially when Altuve was out for the first 40 -45 games.
W
AG
the Astros (36-28) are really struggling

barely hanging onto the last wildcard spot
W
AG
Aggie8587 said:

I think the best chance...would be if the former player "advisors" turn on Dusty. And tell Crane to sack him.

one thing about these former player advisors...they certainly are not going to blame themselves. They will find someone to scapegoat
W
AG
W said:

did the Astros have a team meeting yesterday?

it looks like they had a team meeting
today's game reminds me of something Larry Dierker used to say about team meetings.

Dierker did not like team meetings. Because...he said...if the team loses again...then what?
JB!98
AG
Well at least it was a good night for "Rally Boobs". Glass half full.
Faustus
Aggie8587 said:

In all seriousness - what will it take for Crane to can Dusty? . . .

I'm thinking Dusty pointing out that Brantley was the best off-season signing by Crane because Brantley isn't playing would do the trick.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Anyone ever been to a game at St Louis? How are the fans? I'm going to the stros game later this month, will be a good one to check off my baseball bucket list.
tremble
AG
MAROON said:

Typical season after a title. Lots of little things going wrong along with way too many injuries. Plus a sun-par Manager.

I still have game 6 from last year taped. I'm just gonna watch that from now on.

Pretty apparent Dusty rode this team to postseason success and a title in spite of his deficiencies. Not sure if management has the balls to can him.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Yes - stadium is pretty cool but it's hot. I'm not a big fan of the city… be careful waking around at night.
tjack16
AG
This team as currently constructed is a wild card team.

We need 2 big moves at the deadline
texasaggie2015
AG
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but I'm telling y'all… there's still what, 98 games left? We're 36-28. Help is coming at the deadline. Get into the playoffs and it's a brand new season. We'll be okay. Remember- baseball is one of the ugliest marathons in the world.
MAROON
AG
I want to agree. But how many games will Dusty lose for this team out of those 98? 2?, 5?, 10?
First Page Last Page
Page 664 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.