***** 2023 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,724,802 Views | 114825 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by texasaggie2015
Eso si, Que es
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No longer opening day. Time to start a new win streak with Javier on the mound vs Lance Lynn who posted a 3.99 era over 21 starts (123 innings) in 2022. Lynn averages 1 K per inning and a stingy 1 BB per outing. Expect 45% 4 seamers, 24% Cutter, and 13% sinkers and the remaining 18% are curve/slider/changeups. Since we will chase him out of the game in 2 innings that will be 1.5 sliders thrown! Javier rolls through an easy 6 innings and we find out if Dusty still hates Stanek. I did see Dusty put in Stanek at Sugarland game and his outing consisted of one pitch to end the 5th inning, so maybe there is hope for him!!!

GL-F
Nino Brown
Brantley and Tuve being out hurt Tuck more than anyone in current lineup. Dudes not gonna get many good pitches at all with the current protection behind him..
3B Paul 97
AG
I see the Angels are already in mid season form.
tjack16
AG
I'm surprised we haven't seen with the rings look like yet. Usually teams post a picture of them and description a couple of days in advance.
dshedd41
S
Didn't make page 1 but my little slugger was ready for opening day before he went to bed. It was a tough week for me so seeing the Astros was a good thing for me.
Gig’em Aggies!
Wabs
AG
If Dusty insists on playing Meyers, then how about this?

Tucker RF
Pena SS
Yordan DH
Bregman 3B
Abreu 1B
Hensley 2B
Chas CF
Maldy C
Meyers LF

With last night's lineup, Tucker is going to see nothing to hit. This happened late in the game yesterday.

All I do is Nguyen
I believe Jake COULD develop into the CF one day, so i don't mind Dusty giving him looks early on. I want anyone but Dubon in the lineup. Maldy looked ready to mash last night
Farmer1906
AG
Dubon did a good job of not striking out and hitting the ball hard. The problem was he just beat it into the ground.
wangus12
AG
That's how I feel. I'm okay with Diaz getting ABs. Meyers I can deal with. Dubon is an effing disaster and always has been. Give me Hensley
Dies Irae
They never expect the glove hand
Bregxit
AG
Whose booty is that?
Mathguy64
AG
Bregxit said:

Whose booty is that?

She threw out the 1st pitch. Megan something. I gather she is a singer. I thought she was a stripper.

She came out basically twerking the whole way to the mound. Then stood on the mound and turned her butt to the crowd and started flexing. She is obviously very classy.
AustinCountyAg
I'd be okay with that. Absolutely idiotic to have Tucker (the second best hitter on the team) batting 5th with ZERO protection behind him. I've laid off of railing on Dusty for the most part, but ****. This should be common sense.
Dies Irae
Bregxit said:

Whose booty is that?
Megan Theeee Stallion, she's apparently a singer from Houston.
Bregxit
AG
Dies Irae said:

Bregxit said:

Whose booty is that?
Megan Theeee Stallion, she's apparently a singer from Houston.

Ahh the other hoe that sang WAP.
All I do is Nguyen
This was a VERY interesting watch

wangus12
AG
What is y'all's go to for resale tickets? Thinking about flying down Sunday for the game on standby and would buy tickets when I land in HOU.
bek.90
AG
My apologies if this has already been discussed here, or on the off-season thread. I'm mostly a lurker, but I try to keep up-to-date on these thtreads, but sometimes it's impossible. And just as a humble brag, my wife nd I were lucky enough to be at Game 6 last year. Anyway, now that I have that out o the way, here is my dumb question... Did the Astros ever make an announcement about what their WS rings will look like. Neither the Google, nor the TexAgs serch function was any help. TIA
Farmer1906
AG
No, I'm pretty sure they've kept it fully under wraps. We'll find out tonight.
n_touch
bek.90
AG
Farmer1906 said:

No, I'm pretty sure they've kept it fully under wraps. We'll find out tonight.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'll be there Wednesday to get a Yordon ring.
Eso si, Que es
bek.90 said:

My apologies if this has already been discussed here, or on the off-season thread. I'm mostly a lurker, but I try to keep up-to-date on these thtreads, but sometimes it's impossible. And just as a humble brag, my wife nd I were lucky enough to be at Game 6 last year. Anyway, now that I have that out o the way, here is my dumb question... Did the Astros ever make an announcement about what their WS rings will look like. Neither the Google, nor the TexAgs serch function was any help. TIA
I am not at liberty to disclose the ring design, but I can tell you that it was designed specifically to be worn on the middle finger!
McInnis
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

This was a VERY interesting watch

This really is worth 15 minutes, especially if you think these new rules are going to ruin the game. I like them but the issue of the definition of a pitcher starting his delivery is going to have to be addressed.

I like the new rules because it's bringing the pace of the game back to what I remember as being normal when I grew up learning to love baseball. What I didn't realize that way before then there was a concern that the game was already becoming too slow.

My prediction: in a couple of months no one will be talking about this and casual fans who complain that baseball is too slow will be complaining less.
Eso si, Que es
I agree, Meyers has hit >.950 OPS in AAA consistently and it is time to figure out for good if he is a AAAA player or more. We have Dirden, Gilbert, and Julkes coming behind him and the Meyers experiment needs a definitive answer before the all star break.

Dubon on the other hand is a .500 OPS hitter and that is chiseled in stone at this point. He needs to be a defensive sub only (or trade piece). Meanwhile, Hensley has hit >900 OPS in over 1000 ABs in AA, AAA and MLB. He is ready and we have a very real need for a 2nd baseman who can protect Tucker in the lineup for the next couple months.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
My only current issue of note with the pitch/hitter clock is a strikeout when the batter is in the box with numerous seconds remaining.

MAROON
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

I believe Jake COULD develop into the CF one day, so i don't mind Dusty giving him looks early on. I want anyone but Dubon in the lineup. Maldy looked ready to mash last night
I don't mind looks. But Dusty starting him on opening day was wrong and a slap in the face to Chas. You would think a long-time baseball guy like Dusty would understand the significance of opening day.

What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
cone
AG
on pace for 0-162
All I do is Nguyen
My only issue is I wish they would extend the clock by 5 seconds both ways, no runners and with runners. It felt way too fast last night
The Porkchop Express
Mathguy64 said:

Bregxit said:

Whose booty is that?

She threw out the 1st pitch. Megan something. I gather she is a singer. I thought she was a stripper.

She came out basically twerking the whole way to the mound. Then stood on the mound and turned her butt to the crowd and started flexing. She is obviously very classy.
Just making sure I'm understanding the underlying tone of the board this year.

Perfect angel from heaven who loves puppies, kids, and baseball and only holds hands on the first date.

Self-obsessed ***** who uses her body to get attention.

MTS might rub you the wrong way with her musical choices, but she's talented, funny, and has given literally hundreds of thousands of dollars of her own money to Houston and national charities. I don't get the hate.
3 Toed Pete
AG
wangus12 said:

What is y'all's go to for resale tickets? Thinking about flying down Sunday for the game on standby and would buy tickets when I land in HOU.
The Astros switched season ticket holders from StubHub to Seat Geek this year for selling their tickets. Should be good inventory on Seat Geek and probably good prices the closer you get to the game.
Daddy-O5
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

My only issue is I wish they would extend the clock by 5 seconds both ways, no runners and with runners. It felt way too fast last night
Agree. I don't mind the clock in theory, too quick though IMO.
Thanks, and Gig 'Em!
redline248
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Bregxit said:

Whose booty is that?

I enjoyed it
Ag_07
AG
I didn't mind the clock until it got be a high leverage situation like when Framber got into trouble and when Neris had the bases loaded.

I also think this is going to have an effect on pitchers in the long term and dealing with fatigue. It looked like it was taking a lot out of Framber having to work so fast and I think that toll over the length of a full season is going to show for a majority of the pitchers across the league especially the 2nd half when we get into the dog days.
Ag_07
AG
Also I watched on delay and didn't keep with this thread but you gotta love Roger talking about teams openly cheating with cutting the infield deeper than is allowed right to the face of the VP of On-field Operations.

You could feel that awkwardness as he was talking.
Farmer1906
AG
I think that grind on pitchers will be real. But it'll help position players stay off their feet a little.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 3281

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.