***Official Houston Astros 2022-23 Offseason Thread***

948,747 Views | 12340 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Beat40
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is going to Opening day? CF, tjack, anyone, Bueller??

Beer is on me all game long if Dubon is not the starting 2B.
Harry Dunne
1. Peña
2. Tucker
3. Breggy
4. Yordan
5. Abreu
6. Chas
7. Meyers
8. Dubon
9. Maldy
redline248
AG
Honestly, that's not that bad.
Farmer1906
AG
Except you have someone with a sub .300 OBP leading off.

Tucker
Bregman
Alvarez
Abreu
Pena
McCormick
Hensley
Meyers
Maldonado
redline248
AG
I said not that bad. Which we all know, for Dusty, is improvement.
Harry Dunne
That's better than mine. Which is why Dusty will never do it.

Also if you took the unders on Dubon's season ABs you're already toast. New Doob PA O/U is now 400.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leading off on opening day. Although I am going to boldly predict a respectable near-.700 OPS for him this year.
Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

That's better than mine. Which is why Dusty will never do it.

Agreed.
Marvin
AG
Harry Dunne said:

1. Peña
2. Tucker
3. Breggy
4. Yordan
5. Abreu
6. Chas
7. Meyers
8. Dubon
9. Maldy

I've been sitting on a barstool for a bit in Memphis and I'm not sure of your point. Is this in response to the farm or opening day?
Harry Dunne
No point, as per yewsh.

Its my opening day prediction (not preference, prediction)
Bad Poster
Farmer1906 said:

Tucker
Bregman
Alvarez
Abreu
Pena
McCormick
Hensley
Meyers
Maldonado

Bregman
Pena
Abreu
Alvarez
Tucker
Hensley
McCormick
Meyers
Maldonado
Farmer1906
AG
I was not addressed but I'm not going. Tickets were a grip. Crane is trying to save up to extended Bregman or Tucker, I guess. Small kids are a joy and a curse to bring to games. It's usually better on a random Tuesday night when it's not quite so packed. And to add on I'm sneaking out to Aggieland for the tu game. Momma won't appreciate me out too many nights. But I think we should get a TA night going. If we can avoid the 300 ABs for Dubon, Marvin will keep us lubricated.
redline248
AG
You know what, didn't Maldy bunt for a hit in the WBC? Bat him leadoff, f it
Farmer1906
AG
Bad Poster said:

Farmer1906 said:

Tucker
Bregman
Alvarez
Abreu
Pena
McCormick
Hensley
Meyers
Maldonado

Bregman
Pena
Abreu
Alvarez
Tucker
Hensley
McCormick
Meyers
Maldonado

R
R
R
L
L
R
R
R
R

you sure, dawg?
Farmer1906
AG
Not sure if this Brown comment on Brown was posted earlier or not.

Quote:

March 22: RHP Hunter Brown scratched from start
Brown was scheduled to start against the Mets in Port St. Lucie, Fla., but he was scratched because of lower back tightness. Astros general manager Dana Brown said the move was precautionary after Brown felt tightness in his lower back while working out a day earlier. He's day to day.

"We don't think this is going to hinder him from starting [the season]," Brown said. "It's going to take a couple of days to really see how he's feeling."
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I was not addressed but I'm not going. Tickets were a grip. Crane is trying to save up to extended Bregman or Tucker, I guess. Small kids are a joy and a curse to bring to games. It's usually better on a random Tuesday night when it's not quite so packed. And to add on I'm sneaking out to Aggieland for the tu game. Momma won't appreciate me out too many nights. But I think we should get a TA night going. If we can avoid the 300 ABs for Dubon, Marvin will keep us lubricated.

Have no doubt, I am good for this!
Marvin
AG
Harry Dunne said:

1. Peña
2. Tucker
3. Breggy
4. Yordan
5. Abreu
6. Chas
7. Meyers
8. Dubon
9. Maldy

1. No way Tucker's batting before cleanup in a Dusty roster.

2. That lineup is a wash for 1st place without Brantley and Altuve. A couple of games down at worst, even with McCullers on the shelf.

Marvin
AG
We have talked for years about a TA night at MMP. Let me know and I'll reserve. Would love to talk ****, drink a beer(s), and have a great night with you guys.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Harry Dunne
Pick up Jed Lowrie. Let him accumulate some decent stats playing in this lineup. Flip him to the A's for prospects for the 7th time when Altuve gets back.
cc10106
Good thing they signed Jose Abreu.
spadilly
S
Marvin said:

We have talked for years about a TA night at MMP. Let me know and I'll reserve. Would love to talk ****, drink a beer(s), and have a great night with you guys.

Let's make it happen!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agproducer
AG
Marvin said:

We would need name tags. Ha!

Tjack would need to get some new ripped jeans.
falcon09
AG
cc10106 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Can't decide if I'm going to pull the trigger

Lately w/ New Era I have to try them on first. Typically a 7 5/8 but the sizing has been odd. The hats are pretty sweet though. I will definitely try and swing by the team store and grab one next Thursday.
I had the same issue - low profile World Series hat fits great while the World Series Champs one is much tighter. Not sure how that happened, but I guess the manufacturer goofed. And good luck if ordering a hat from Fanatics and having to return it.
New Era fitted hat sizing has gone to crap over the last few years. I have three 7 5/8 on field hats purchased in the last year and a half and all 3 fit different.

I found myself in San Diego for game 2 of the NLDS last year and picked up tickets from a couple leaving the stadium in the 6th. I bought a 7 5/8 Padres cap that fits perfectly all time.

I have a 2021 WS Astros cap that fits perfectly after I've had a haircut and fits pretty good the rest of the time.

And I have a 'Space City' 7 5/8 that fits tight after a haircut and is completely unwearable after a week or so.

It's really frustrating trying to buy fitted hats in an area where I can't find an Astros cap in store to try on before I buy them. New Era needs to get their crap together
EastCoastAgNc
AG
07ag
AG
falcon09 said:

cc10106 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Can't decide if I'm going to pull the trigger

Lately w/ New Era I have to try them on first. Typically a 7 5/8 but the sizing has been odd. The hats are pretty sweet though. I will definitely try and swing by the team store and grab one next Thursday.
I had the same issue - low profile World Series hat fits great while the World Series Champs one is much tighter. Not sure how that happened, but I guess the manufacturer goofed. And good luck if ordering a hat from Fanatics and having to return it.
New Era fitted hat sizing has gone to crap over the last few years. I have three 7 5/8 on field hats purchased in the last year and a half and all 3 fit different.

I found myself in San Diego for game 2 of the NLDS last year and picked up tickets from a couple leaving the stadium in the 6th. I bought a 7 5/8 Padres cap that fits perfectly all time.

I have a 2021 WS Astros cap that fits perfectly after I've had a haircut and fits pretty good the rest of the time.

And I have a 'Space City' 7 5/8 that fits tight after a haircut and is completely unwearable after a week or so.

It's really frustrating trying to buy fitted hats in an area where I can't find an Astros cap in store to try on before I buy them. New Era needs to get their crap together
that's why i buy adjustable hats
https://ts.la/eric59704
wangus12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Till 40?

Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Nah...I'm pretty sure after one trip around the room I'd know exactly who is who.
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906 said:

Oooooo what if.
Crane would NEVER pay Ohtani what he is worth, but can you IMAGINE all the HATE we would get for having the best player in the world on our already stacked team???

The tears would flow like the rivers of ancient Babylon. And it would be glorious
No matter what
AustinCountyAg
maybe this is why Crane hasn't paid Tucker yet? He wants Ohtani????

If you could pick either, who do you want?
wangus12
AG
I mean I love the loafer, but its a no brainer to take Ohtani
All I do is Nguyen
Yeah give me Othani any day. Elite pitcher AND an elite hitter? Easy decision
No matter what
Farmer1906
AG
Are y'all sure you want potentially the greatest player of all time over TED?
07ag
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Nah...I'm pretty sure after one trip around the room I'd know exactly who is who.
name tags could potentially increase confusion also
https://ts.la/eric59704
All I do is Nguyen
I am SUPER petty and mostly just want him to make people mad

The fact that he's probably the greatest of all time is a bonus
No matter what
First Page Last Page
Page 341 of 353

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.