*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

109,462 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Mr Gigem
TexAg1822
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am interested in joining!
vander54
S
Here is the link. I haven't set up the draft yet but it will be a 10 team league with head to head scoring.

https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/league/join?leagueId=365359113&inviteId=027d577c-a8be-43b5-a878-24d5ccdb9fad
World's worst proofreader
investorAg83
AG
In
TexAg1822
AG
In!

Thank you!
fc2112
Diamond Sports Group update - next Wednesday, March 15, is the date DSG is supposed to pay the Rangers $25 MM for their first 2023 rights payment.

If missed, the Rangers will declare DSG in default of contract and likely start planning on broadcasting 2023 games on MLB.tv with no blackout restrictions.

IF DSG pays, then we move to March 17 when DSG almost assuredly files for bankruptcy. This is where it gets murky.

The broadcast rights would then be an asset managed by the court. DSG would likely want to still broadcast through Bally Sports. But the Rangers, along with all the other creditors, will have a say in that.

For the casual fan, DSG defaulting on their contract is the best thing for us to watch games. But it will create a serious cash flow problem for the club. And potentially labor issues as many contracts are tied one way or another into profit streams from various clubs.

Stay tuned as it all comes to a head next week.
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

Diamond Sports Group update - next Wednesday, March 15, is the date DSG is supposed to pay the Rangers $25 MM for their first 2023 rights payment.

If missed, the Rangers will declare DSG in default of contract and likely start planning on broadcasting 2023 games on MLB.tv with no blackout restrictions.

IF DSG pays, then we move to March 17 when DSG almost assuredly files for bankruptcy. This is where it gets murky.

The broadcast rights would then be an asset managed by the court. DSG would likely want to still broadcast through Bally Sports. But the Rangers, along with all the other creditors, will have a say in that.

For the casual fan, DSG defaulting on their contract is the best thing for us to watch games. But it will create a serious cash flow problem for the club. And potentially labor issues as many contracts are tied one way or another into profit streams from various clubs.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like a mess, but at least we should learn more next week.

vander54
S
vander54 said:

Here is the link. I haven't set up the draft yet but it will be a 10 team league with head to head scoring.

https://fantasy.espn.com/baseball/league/join?leagueId=365359113&inviteId=027d577c-a8be-43b5-a878-24d5ccdb9fad

Opening day is March 30 so I think I'll make the draft March 18 at 9:00 CST if that works
BryanAggie2013
AG
In! Looking forward to it!
Mr Gigem
AG
Mr Gigem said:

On a personal note, I just submitted an offer for my first home purchase. Fingers crossed!

Welp, our offer was not accepted. We're moving on to the next!
LMC2015
AG
Just joined. Should be fun.
DallasAg 94
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Mr Gigem said:

Mr Gigem said:

On a personal note, I just submitted an offer for my first home purchase. Fingers crossed!

Welp, our offer was not accepted. We're moving on to the next!
Keep at it.

In real estate, you make the money on the buy and collect on the sell.

Don't get frustrated. Listening the radio people, they said it is a real mess about expectations. Some people are still holding firm, others think the market is soft. Ultimately, they said regardless of all the mixed messages, the real estate market is still pretty sound in North Texas.

Where are you looking?

We are looking in the Keller area
AverageJones
AG
We missed on our first offer about this time last year. Got a house we liked better for a little bit less a few months later, hang in there
Tksymm7
AG
Jon Gray was super sharp in three innings of work today. I think he and Eovaldi will be the key guys for our rotation this year. We know, for the most part, what we're going to get from deGrom and Perez. Perez may not have quite the season he had last year, but I don't see him having some 4.50+ ERA type of season, and deGrom is deGrom when healthy. Gray and Eovaldi have the "stuff," they just need to be consistent and stay healthy. If they can do that, our pitching staff really could be quite good.

Sidenote, Corey Seager looks locked tf in.
fc2112
Tksymm7 said:

There was an article over the winter that showed statistically that banning the shift would benefit Seager more than any other player in baseball.
investorAg83
AG
Also heard a segment where the shift ban played a role in the rotation assembly…specifically targeting swing and miss pitchers vs guys that pitch more to contact.
Kyle98
AG
AverageJones said:

We missed on our first offer about this time last year. Got a house we liked better for a little bit less a few months later, hang in there

We had our first offer accepted, only for them to turn around and go back a few days later when they got a higher offer. Best thing to happen, as we end up in a great neighborhood with awesome neighbors all around.

Keep your head up, you'll end up anywhere somewhere far!
PatAg
AG
fc2112 said:

I wonder what happens to all the people that already paid for the Bally Sports app standalone thing. Assuming that money is just gone
Mr Gigem
AG
BOOM! Offer accepted!

Carlo4
AG
fc2112 said:

Tksymm7 said:

There was an article over the winter that showed statistically that banning the shift would benefit Seager more than any other player in baseball.

I thought this guy would have been #1

rbtexan
S
Nah....his problem is strike outs more so than the shift.
Jimbo Franchione
fc2112
I'm guessing you're SOL.

Which is why I'm waiting until the last minute.

Wife asked me "have you decided what we're switching to for the Rangers?" And I said "I'll decide when the Rangers decide where they're broadcasting. "
fc2112
Mathias traded for PTBNL

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/03/rangers-trade-mark-mathias-pirates.html
DallasAg 94

DallasAg 94
fc2112 said:

Mathias traded for PTBNL

So, Bryan Reynolds?!
fc2112
DallasAg 94 said:

fc2112 said:

Mathias traded for PTBNL

So, Bryan Reynolds?!

BUT - the Pirates are so bad Mathias could easily be their starting 2nd baseman on Opening Day. They rushed Rodolfo Castro last year - if he steps up in camp, maybe Mathias is his backup. But Castro has always been a weak hitter, while Mathias is a weak fielder. But keeping the kid down gives the Pirates time to try and get good before burning his MLB service time up.
vander54
S
Only 1 spot left for the fantasy baseball league

investorAg83
AG
One of my buddies somehow registered 2 teams. Can you delete one?
vander54
S
I'll see but he can for sure
fc2112
Tksymm7
AG
Absolutely love it.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Now add commercial breaks into the mix. Will they really shorten regular season games? It remains to be seen.

I don't mind shortening the length of the game if I am watching on TV. Conversely, if watching live, I want to spend as much time as I can at the ballpark.
AgBQ-00
AG
fc2112 said:

This is awesome. Getting game times down to 2-2.5 hours will be awesome for the growth of the game. Mix in more action on the field and games are more entertaining.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
AgBQ-00
AG
The only way to eliminate commercial breaks is to eliminate the warm-up tosses each half inning. Thats not going to happen.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
fc2112
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Now add commercial breaks into the mix. Will they really shorten regular season games? It remains to be seen.
Which is why he compared 2022 Spring Training to 2023 Spring Training. Commercials are moot.

This is trending to 30 minutes shorter games with same number of runs and same number of stolen bases.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.