*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

109,489 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Mr Gigem
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I normally like powder blues. But I love the throwbacks they wore against the nationals last season. (I don't remember from what year they're from)
If you're talking about the 1972 (50th anniversary) uniforms, I agree they were awesome.

Should be permanent home jerseys.
rbtexan
S
That's my favorite Rangers uniform ever. Probably because I remember '72
Jimbo Franchione
KT 90
AG

MrCoachEricTaylor
Yeah! That's the one! I especially love the hat!
MrCoachEricTaylor
I agree, generally. But for as bad as the Rockies are, I do like their black and their purple tops.
J.P. 03
AG
What exactly is going to be featured on the Rangers' "City Connect" jerseys? Six Flags? If they try to tie them to Dallas, Arlington will revolt. And if they try to tie them to Arlington, the rest of MLB will laugh.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
J.P. 03 said:

What exactly is going to be featured on the Rangers' "City Connect" jerseys? Six Flags? If they try to tie them to Dallas, Arlington will revolt. And if they try to tie them to Arlington, the rest of MLB will laugh.

I'd assume they tie them to Dallas or Fort Worth. Who cares what Arlington would do at this point?
PatAg
AG
J.P. 03 said:

the people of arlington would not care, maybe the city govt would?
Tksymm7
AG
I feel pretty sure it'll be something with a western tinge, and maybe some sort of Texas Rangers style logo.
vander54
S
World's worst proofreader
Tksymm7
AG
I believe it, but I would be lying if I didn't say I was slightly concerned about rotation health. Most of that +9.9 WAR is considering deGrom, Heaney, Eovaldi, and Gray can stay healthy and make 25+ starts this season.
MrCoachEricTaylor
I don't really understand the Yankees being number two on that list.. their only real addition I can think of is Rodon.
bmac_aggie18
AG
Might be adding in Judge since he was a FA
Tksymm7
AG
I am not certain about this, but they could be adding Judge's WAR to that number because he technically was a free-agent.

Edit: bmac beat me to it. Judge had a 10 WAR (bonkers tbh) season last year and is projected for a 7.4 WAR for 2023.
MrCoachEricTaylor
Maybe so
DallasAg 94
I'll show my ignorance (early start this year).

If our WAR is +9.9, that means we should win ~10 more games this year, right?! So, 78Wins?!

Meh.

So, Perez was signed as a FA. His WAR (Baseball-Reference) was +5.0.

Losing Matt Moore impacted that, as well.

deGrom is listed as a +1.4, but I'm assuming that was based on 11GS. Could that equate to a +4?

And if he replaces Arihara and Spencer they combined for -2.0.
Mr Gigem
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

I'll show my ignorance (early start this year).

If our WAR is +9.9, that means we should win ~10 more games this year, right?! So, 78Wins?!

Meh.

So, Perez was signed as a FA. His WAR (Baseball-Reference) was +5.0.

Losing Matt Moore impacted that, as well.

deGrom is listed as a +1.4, but I'm assuming that was based on 11GS. Could that equate to a +4?

And if he replaces Arihara and Spencer they combined for -2.0.

I think it's fair to assume all other players will have an increased WAR in 2023
DallasAg 94
I would agree. I'm very excited about this team.

Looking at the returning youth...I have high expectations of improvement.
C - Heim (27) 127 G in 2022
1B - Lowe (26) 157 G
3B - Duran (23) 58 G
LF - Thompson (24) 55 G
CF - Taveras (23) 99 G
---------------

Getting rid of:
K Calhoun: 125G, .196, 12 HR (-1.5WAR)
Miller: 81G, .212, 7 HR (-1.6WAR)

The experience in SP is great, as well.
deGrom (34), Eovaldi (32), Heaney (31), Perez (31), Odorizzi (32), Gray (30)

You know you are getting. Just stay healthy.
Tksymm7
AG
Miller is still on the team and will likely play a bunch of left field.
alvtimes
Gig'em….. how was Surprise???? Tad bit dissapointed we didnt get some on scene interviews!!!!! lol
Im so glad that ownership made the decision to commit to winning….. I think the seats sold #'s will show up!
Mr Gigem
AG
alvtimes said:

Gig'em….. how was Surprise???? Tad bit dissapointed we didnt get some on scene interviews!!!!! lol
Im so glad that ownership made the decision to commit to winning….. I think the seats sold #'s will show up!

I'll be there mid-March
alvtimes
Mr Gigem said:

alvtimes said:

I'll be there mid-March

Lol brain fart….. I thought you were there early!!! Enjoy!
alvtimes
LOL at MLB talking heads pimping the pitch clock for 28 minutes of shorter baseball….28 fewer minutes of baseball vs $400 to take fam of 4 to game is the reason baseball is suffering.
fc2112
PatAg said:

J.P. 03 said:

the people of arlington would not care, maybe the city govt would?
I think the good taxpayers of Arlington who bellied up to the bar while Dallas cowered in the corner would care a great deal.
Tksymm7
AG
I get what you're saying, but baseball is the only sport not governed by a time limit. So if you save 28 minutes a game you're still going to get 27 outs of baseball, it's just happening faster. Baseball is also easily the cheapest sport to go see by a wide margin.
BCSWguru
alvtimes said:

LOL at MLB talking heads pimping the pitch clock for 28 minutes of shorter baseball….28 fewer minutes of baseball vs $400 to take fam of 4 to game is the reason baseball is suffering.
yep, first Rangers game I ever went to was a whopping 8.50 per ticket.
investorAg83
AG
alvtimes said:

If it costs you $400 to take your family to a game, that's on you.
Jimtim1216
S
I actually like the pitch clock. I do not like the slow play by pitcher or hitter.
rbtexan
S
One of the advantages, I suppose, of living out of state as long as I have is that the price of going to a game doesn't bother me. I so rarely get the opportunity to do so, much like Aggie football. I get to go to maybe one game a year at Kyle, and maybe one game a year to see the Rangers. It's always been an event to me.

Even when I was a kid, I never got to go to many games because I grew up in west TX. I started casually following the Rangers when I was 10 and they moved from Washington, and got hooked in the '74 season - that's when I started listening to the games on a little transistor radio. I didn't get to see a game in person until '76 - Gaylord Perry pitched. The next game I attended was in '77. It wasn't until the mid 80s before I got back to see a game (moved to TN in '82). That's about the time I bought one of those big ugly backyard satellite dishes, specifically to watch Rangers baseball and Aggie football when it was available.

It's still a big deal to me to come to a game. That's why I always shell out the $$$ for good seats when I have the opportunity to be there. I can absolutely understand how it is different if you live there and like to attend on the regular...it probably would be for me as well. But I do like the fact that every time I walk into a Rangers game, it means something to me, especially bringing my kids.
Jimbo Franchione
fc2112
DeangeloVickers
AG
Let's go!!!!
JWinTX
twilly said:

Saw where the new uniform agreement with Nike means teams are limited to 4 uniform jerseys (home, away, 2 alts) plus the special city connect jerseys to be debuted later this year.

Rangers have chosen to keep the powder blues and ditch the red jerseys.
When we win 65 games and DeGrom loses his arm, blame the proper reason...getting rid of the red and keeping the baby blue.

The best seasons we ever had was with the great red jersey with TEXAS on the front. The worst seasons we have ever had all involve those stupid baby blue uniforms. We deserve what we get from this....
CampingAg
AG
I don't like the inconsistency in fonts on our jerseys. We have the old fashioned Texas-themed font on the blue/gray jerseys and the overly Walt Disney-looking script font on white/powder blues. They look like the jerseys of two separate teams. And I agree the red jerseys are great. Dumb if we're scrapping those.
DallasAg 94
Tksymm7
AG
You got me their hahah.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.