*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

109,503 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by Mr Gigem
alvtimes
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr Gigem said:

Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Pitchers and catchers report today!

42 days until opening day.

Let's get it on!

I'll be there 3/17-3/20!

Just a tad jealous…… spring training is so fun!!!!!
TexAg1822
AG

Man I hope this is CY just being overly cautious
investorAg83
AG
I just saw CY state in an interview that he's 100% and the reason he wasn't on the WBC roster had nothing to do with an injury. Seems sus now.
Mr Gigem
AG
Just take whatever steps you need to be ready by opening day.
KT 90
AG
investorAg83 said:

I just saw CY state in an interview that he's 100% and the reason he wasn't on the WBC roster had nothing to do with an injury. Seems sus now.
wasn't it Eovaldi that was left off the WBC roster? Was de Grom ever in the mix for WBC?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
investorAg83 said:

I assumed he wasn't on the roster because of his injury history and the Rangers having no interest in him throwing in a tournament like that.
KT 90
AG
Evan Grant tweet:

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I would rather they take precautions with DeGrom. I'm not wild about his injury history the past 2 years. Take however much time is needed right now.
Tksymm7
AG
They are going to handle this staff with kid gloves. deGrom, Eovaldi, Gray and Heaney all have some history with missing time, with deGrom obviously having the most questions. They all need to throw some in the preseason, but I would have them on the most conservative pitching regimen known to mankind. It would be a disaster if deGrom couldn't start on opening day. We also have soooooo many young pitchers that need big boy innings, so let Leiter, Rocker, White and Winn pitch a ton in spring training.
investorAg83
AG
Shoot…you're right. The guy asking the question was a bit muffled and I swore I heard deGrom and not Eovaldi. The fact that through the rest of the conversation (injury, recovery, past, etc) was so similar speaks to everything we're discussing on here though.
Proposition Joe
2020: "Good grief, what are the chances we lose our big free agent acquisition ace after 1 freaking inning!?"

2023 - Hold my beer
fc2112
DSG missed their interest payment, so they're on the clock. March 17 is D-Day,
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Matt Moore to the Angles. 1 yr/5.7MM.
DallasAg 94
I'm seeing $7.5M.

No way I'd take him for $7.5M. $5.7M... maybe, but not $7.5M.
fc2112

Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Oops. I saw 5.7. I was suspect why we wouldn't go higher. Makes sense now.
AgsWin2011
AG
Any word if deGrom threw today?
Tksymm7
AG
No. They said he's going to throw this weekend though.
Jimtim1216
S
I like the over abundance of caution. Really like the makeup of this rotation.
AgBQ-00
AG
If you want a hardball fix...Aggie Baseball opens tonight. Can be streamed on SECN+ Starts at 6 pm central
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Already watching LSU. Impatiently waiting on 6.
TexAg1822
AG
Tksymm7
AG
Love the pick-up. We are so undefined and weak in the outfield besides Adolis.
investorAg83
AG
Me too. I'd also keep a close eye on what happens in St. Louis with Jordan Walker. If he gets some MLB AB's with some success, they might be open to shopping one of their OF's (most likely O'Neill). But if Nootbaar gets a slow start I'd kick the tires just to see. I think that dude is gonna be a stud.
Tksymm7
AG
I would love for Leody or Bubba Thompson to really put it together, but I just don't think it will happen. So, as long as the Rangers are around .500 at the trade deadline, I could see them trading for an impact outfielder. We have so many prospects, it's time to use them.
rbtexan
S
Grossman is a good depth piece but if he winds up being the LF starter it ain't good.
Jimbo Franchione
vander54
S
My thoughts as well. Not a fan as our everyday LF
World's worst proofreader
PatriotAg02
AG
Question.........

I recently moved to the Houston area (Katy), and I was wondering how those of you in Houston watch the Rangers? Is it the Bally site or MLB.tv? On the MLB site it says that for my zip, the Rangers are subject to blackout. On the Bally site, it doesn't list the Rangers for my zip code.

Thanks!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I've got DirecTV stream to watch the Rangers. Really wish they'd ditch the blackout crap.
MrCoachEricTaylor
My father in law lives down in pearland and I think they have direct tv. He gets both AT&T sportsnet and Bally.
twilly
AG
Saw where the new uniform agreement with Nike means teams are limited to 4 uniform jerseys (home, away, 2 alts) plus the special city connect jerseys to be debuted later this year.

Rangers have chosen to keep the powder blues and ditch the red jerseys.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
vander54
S
I like the powder blue but it's my least favorite of their previous 5.
World's worst proofreader
fc2112
Meta fans tried to warn us.

MrCoachEricTaylor
I normally like powder blues. But I love the throwbacks they wore against the nationals last season. (I don't remember from what year they're from)
DannyDuberstein
AG
If baseball is streamlining unis, then the softball/BP jerseys all need to go. Never been a fan of the dark top of any MLB uniform. White, grey, powder blue, pinstripes, etc is the way. This is the bigs. Leave the dark tops all the lesser leagues in the world

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.