*****Official 2022 Rangers Off-Season Thread*****

109,638 Views | 1323 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mr Gigem
TexAg1822
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So how long do we keep the Hearne experiment up?

Maybe he'll excel being a strict bullpen guy?
KT 90
AG
alvtimes said:

Lefty RP Brett Martin has surgery, offer Matt Moore 2 for 8mil and close up that bullpen piece.

This update doesn't sound good... will miss most of 2023:

KT 90
AG
TexAg1822 said:

So how long do we keep the Hearne experiment up?

Maybe he'll excel being a strict bullpen guy?

He's always pitched better as a reliever. Pretty sure he is done as a starter.
TexAg1822
AG
True, good point. Does he have any options left?
TwoTimeAg
AG
I don't see any University nights on the promotion schedule, are they gone this year?
wbt5845
AG
There isn't an A&M one. There are otehr schools.
AgBQ-00
AG
Would really like to get Moore back in the pen. Makes for a good spot starter as well if needed
DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein said:

This guy has gone full DallasAg treatise
DannyDuberstein
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I'll admit, you probably would have added half a page of DVD double AA stats from 2005 to further your point, but he tried
DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein said:

DallasAg 94 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

I'll admit, you probably would have added half a page of DVD double AA stats from 2005 to further your point, but he tried
Super Aggie 64
AG
University Days are part of the Theme Nights schedule which has not been announced yet for 2023. There was a Texas A&M night last season in July.
AggieEP
You can deflect all you want, but your argument for optimism on Leiter is that his August numbers were an improvement, but if you call a 3.96 ERA with a 1.44 WHIP good.... Well we have much different definitions of good.

You can bookmark this thread and make fun of me when Leiter is winning Cy Young awards for the Rangers and I'll gladly eat crow.

If the Rangers can get Reynolds and the cost is Leiter, then as of this moment I'd do that trade. But of course I'm on record many times saying that more teams should go for it and acquire good players when they can. This whole hoard your prospects thing is staking everything on hope. The Rangers have a 4-5 year window starting today to win with the deGrom, Seager, Semien core, we need at least 2 more stars for me to think this is a world series contender, Reynolds is one of those guys.

In fact I'm the anti-DallasAg94 because I'm all in on trading our prospects if the right players are available. I'd be calling Miami about Alcantara right now and Cleveland about Shane Bieber trying to see what it takes to get those guys. The only guy in our system right now that should be off limits is Evan Carter.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Holy cow. Treatise #4. I said the walks were an issue. In fact, I was the first to post that. The walks are driving the WHIP. His stuff is dominating. His success or failure will be on taming the walks. You fixated on my posting that August was an improvement, which it was, and have now written a novel on it.
DallasAg 94
AggieEP said:

In fact I'm the anti-DallasAg94
AggieEP
I'm like Dickens, I get paid by word count.

But seriously we're on the same side here, I want the Rangers to win. The good thing is that we can look back on this discussion very soon to see how Leiter performs.
wbt5845
AG
AggieEP said:

If the Rangers can get Reynolds and the cost is Leiter, then as of this moment I'd do that trade.

wbt5845
AG
AL West teams that have players going to arbitration hearings. Some pretty big names where the team is gonna have to go in and talk about all the ways the player sucks.

Angels:
  • Hunter Renfroe (5.165): No agreement reached, will exchange figures
  • Gio Urshela (5.127): No agreement reached, will exchange figures
  • Luis Rengifo (3.043): No agreement reached, will exchange figures
Astros:
A's: None

Mariners:
  • Teoscar Hernandez (5.097): Did not reach agreement, will exchange figures
  • Diego Castillo (4.118): Did not reach agreement, will exchange figures
  • Dylan Moore (4.000): Did not reach agreement, will exchange figures
Rangers: None
MrCoachEricTaylor
I bet Javier gets a big price bump
wbt5845
AG
They were only $500,000 apart - kinda odd the Astros waffled and went to an arbitration hearing over that.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Jimtim1216
S
wbt5845 said:

They were only $500,000 apart - kinda odd the Astros waffled and went to an arbitration hearing over that.

The owner is now the GM.
fc2112
Jerry Jones model?
MrCoachEricTaylor
I don't understand.. they don't seem to value Javier and (from my view) Urquidy as much as they should. I actually really like the both of them and HATE when they pitch against us.
MrCoachEricTaylor
He seems like an arrogant *****, with whatever tensions he had with Click. Pretty stupid of him to not try to lock him up long term.
DeangeloVickers
AG
fc2112
American League championship is a title.
KT 90
AG
fc2112 said:

American League championship is a title.

Kinda,but not really. They mean World Series, Super Bowl, etc. Not going to dig into it, but seems like there are some teams missing or they are counting "titles" from way back when not as many teams were around.

The St.Louis/Arizona Cardinals have never won a Super Bowl. Maybe some title way back before Super Bowl's? The Kansas City/Sacremento Kings have never won an NBA title. There are more, but those are off the top of my head. Not sure the criteria for "titles" that they are using.

Sigh, but yes, the Rangers are definitely due...
KT 90
AG
And the Rangers started in 1972.
vander54
S
KT 90 said:

The franchise didn't. They just moved to Arlington in 72.
World's worst proofreader
KT 90
AG
vander54 said:

KT 90 said:

Yeah, I get that, but that doesn't seem to apply to the St.Louis/Arizona Cardinals or the Kansas City/Sacramento Kings. Whatever, don't really care, the point is it's been too long and we are due. Damn you Nelson Cruz

ChipFTAC01
AG
KT 90 said:

vander54 said:

KT 90 said:

Yeah, I get that, but that doesn't seem to apply to the St.Louis/Arizona Cardinals or the Kansas City/Sacramento Kings. Whatever, don't really care, the point is it's been too long and we are due. Damn you Nelson Cruz

Why would it not apply to the Cardinals? They won two titles in Chicago in 25 and 47. If the Senators had won a WS in thr 60s then the Rangers wouldn't be on this list.
vander54
S
KT 90 said:

vander54 said:

KT 90 said:

The Cardinals have two championships and the Kings franchise goes back to 1923 as the Rochester Seagrams. They won a title in 1951 as the Rochester Royals.
World's worst proofreader
AggieEP
Those lists are always ridiculous. Even if the Rangers had won a title in in 74 or something, I'd still want them to win another. It doesn't make me feel any better about A&M football that we have that sweet 1939 championship. The list should be teams that haven't won in the last 20 years, but then it would include like 80% of teams so the graphic wouldn't be as usable.

And agreed... dang you Nelson Cruz, learn to catch flyballs and we're not even having this discussion.
Roger Kint
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Nelson Freaking Cruz. Never forget.
fc2112
Baseball America publishes their Top 10 Rangers prospects.

1. Carter
2. White
3. Jung
4. Acuña
5. Gutierrez
6. Zavala
7. Leiter
8. Porter
9. Harris
10. Rocker

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.