***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

4,902,957 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

As a forced Yankees fan this year and last I watch almost every night. Their offense is brutal and starting pitch is average at best outside cole and Nestor. They pose zero concern come playoffs. Only way they will compete is if Stanton comes back and gets hot and judge stays hot. Outside them their record the past month is exactly what they are. Cashman has built a terrible team and has made terrible trade deadline moves.

Montas? Bettendi? Seriously. Trading Montgomery for an injured outfielder when they outfield already was underachieving and dealing with injuries is mind boggling.

Somebody is forcing you to be a Yankees fan?
The Porkchop Express
Wabs said:

AustinCountyAg said:

As a forced Yankees fan this year and last I watch almost every night. Their offense is brutal and starting pitch is average at best outside cole and Nestor. They pose zero concern come playoffs. Only way they will compete is if Stanton comes back and gets hot and judge stays hot. Outside them their record the past month is exactly what they are. Cashman has built a terrible team and has made terrible trade deadline moves.

Montas? Bettendi? Seriously. Trading Montgomery for an injured outfielder when they outfield already was underachieving and dealing with injuries is mind boggling.

Somebody is forcing you to be a Yankees fan?
Blink twice if you're being held against your will.

Otherwise, Rule #1 on why you're rooting for the Yankees.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
AustinCountyAg
One of my best friends plays on the team
The Porkchop Express
Ag_07 said:

WTF has been wrong with the Blue Jays?

George
Vlad Jr
Gurriel
Chapman
Merrifield
Bichette

Those are all all stars and they're only 5 games over .500.

No wonder Montoya was canned
Their starting pitching is all over the place outside of Manoah.

They lost 9 out of 10 in July that got their manager fired. But then before tonight they had lost 9 of their last 12, but nobody noticed much because the Yankees were also in free-fall.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Wabs
AG
Springer is 5 for 5. Can you imagine if he was our CFer?
The Porkchop Express
AustinCountyAg said:

Well clearly we're not going to accept that as the extent of the answer.
AustinCountyAg
Luetge. Just gave Springer his fifth hit on the night.
The Porkchop Express
Bennedetti is hitting .213 with 0 HR and 3 RBI since being traded to the Yankees.

Meanwhile Joey Gallo is hitting .261 with 3 HR and a 1.042 OPS since the Yankees shipped him out to SoCal.
astros4545
AG
Wabs said:

Springer is 5 for 5. Can you imagine if he was our CFer?
Altuve is furious
AustinCountyAg
And im not a Yankees fan. I just watch them. I take great satisfaction seeing them lose
n_touch
AustinCountyAg said:

So tell us what the players think of the Astro's? They hate them or respect them for taking the fall for the whole league and keeping the Yankee name safe?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Bobcat-Ag
Would be funnier if it were true
JDUB08AG
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Nm lol
W
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Bennedetti is hitting .213 with 0 HR and 3 RBI since being traded to the Yankees.

Meanwhile Joey Gallo is hitting .261 with 3 HR and a 1.042 OPS since the Yankees shipped him out to SoCal.
the Frankie Montas trade is not looking good either.

3 starts...14 innings...14 earned runs
LonghornDub
LonghornDub
I loved watching Springer but he's too accident prone to pay big and long and he's not a pitcher.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

W
AG
speaking of the Yankees...

somewhat quietly Giancarlo has missed 39 games this year.

he might come off the IL next week. So at most he'll play about 115 games in the regular season
Ag_07
AG
Isn't that good for him?

Steroids have turned him into glass.
agproducer
AG
Love George, and I'll always be a fan. He is forever an Astro in my book.

That said, I'm glad the club did not sign him to the contract he got with the Jays.

In two years, that contact will be an albatross, especially because George plays all out and tends to get hurt. It will only get worse with age.
The Porkchop Express
Ag_07 said:

Isn't that good for him?

Steroids have turned him into glass.
Stanton has been a Angels/Pujols-level flop for the Yankees.

Came to them after his epic 59 HR, 132 RBI MVP season with Miami in 2017

2018: 38 HR, 100 RBI but only hit .266 and struck out 211 times for $25 million

2019: Missed 144 games, made $26m

2020: Season was only 60 games long and he still missed more than half of it. Played in 23 games for $26m

2021:Played 139 games, but failed to drive in 100 runs (35 HR, 97 RBI, .273) for $29m

2022: Has missed 40 games. Power is there (24 HR) but hitting .228, the lowest average of his career for $29m

Escalator to $32m for 2023-2025.
3B Paul 97
AG
I'd love for them to pile on and sign MVP Judge to a record deal.
3B Paul 97
AG
W said:

Wonder if it was easier to for him to excel on the A's when there really were no expectations. Now he has the bright lights of the big city on him.
Farmer1906
AG
GigEmMortis
AG
He needs to be our everyday CF moving forward. He is clearly the best option we have right now
MosesHallRAB04
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

W said:

Wonder if it was easier to for him to excel on the A's when there really were no expectations. Now he has the bright lights of the big city on him.

Big outfield in Oakland. Also I think I he massive foul territory really helps pitchers.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

W said:

Big outfield in Oakland. Also I think I he massive foul territory really helps pitchers.
AKA Sonny Gray syndrome
AustinCountyAg
3B Paul 97 said:

I'd love for them to pile on and sign MVP Judge to a record deal.
I think that is what is in the back of Cashman's mind. If they dont resign him someone may kill him in the street. However, with the year he is having it is going to take some BIG bucks to do it.

So essentially if they are able to resign him, a ton of money will be tied up in Judge, Cole and Stanton. Problem is they are paying Donandlson (3B) good money and he sucks. IKF (SS) sucks. They need another outfielder cause Stanton is glass. Their SP is average at best. Team is essentialy the Angels of the east. Big stupid contracts to players have buried them, and will continue to do so. They have a lot of holes that need addressing if they actually plan on competing with the Astros, or even Blue Jays. If they Jays are able to find another SP they will be tough. The offense is already there, just the pitching staff is questionable.
Farmer1906
AG
August #s Only

When ya hot ya hot

Alex BDE Bregman
5 HR
17 R
17 RBI
250 wRC+
1.4 WAR (~14 WAR season-long pace)

TED
2 HR
10 R,
15 RBI
188 wRC+
0.8 WAR

Jose Altuve
1 HR
11 R
6 RBI
3 SB
159 wRC+
0.7 WAR

Chas "That's my CFer" McCormick
Only 44 PA
2 HR
7 R
11 RBI
141 wRC+
0.4 WAR

Martin Maldonado (hot for a catcher)
Only 36 PA
2 HR
4 R
7 RBI
123 wRC+
0.3 WAR

Trey Mancini (maybe not hot but making a point)
4 HR
6 R
10 RBI
123 wRC+
0.1 WAR

When ya not ya not

Jake "I don't want to pay with you anymore" Meyers *insert Toy Story Meme with Chas*
Only 30 PA
0 HR
2 R
0 RBI
28 wRC+
-0.1 WAR

Jeremy Pena
0 HR
7 R
3 RBI
56 wRC+
0.0 WAR

Yuli Gurriel
0 HR
7 R
3 RBI
83 wRC+
-0.1 WAR

Yordan "still the best hitting in baseball" Alvarez
1 HR
9 R
7 RBI
86 wRC+
0.0 WAR
redline248
AG
"That's just fan stuff"
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

3B Paul 97 said:

W said:

AKA Sonny Gray syndrome
I think he just had an F NY syndrome. Gallo caught it too.

Gray pitched 86 games since leaving NY
3.41 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, 10.2 WAR

96 games in his OAK career
3.42 ERA, 1.20 WHIP, 9.8 WAR
Farmer1906
AG
Also, Dubon was cold AF, but he slipped through the cracks since I set the min of 30 PA.
Farmer1906
AG
Hey Lance, how many shutout innings are you going today?

Happy LMJ Day
GigEmMortis
AG
Looks like Odorizzi is going to dodge us for this weekend's series. That's a shame
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1018 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.