***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,325,351 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EastCoastAgNc said:

They will go after Montas now, but Dipoto overpaying has set the cost high in the market. He may be attainable, but the Yankees aren't going to be willing to give up that kind of package. They settle for someone else that will be underwhelming

I get it, and I think Montas would be a great get, but with as much money as they have, they are always in the market to field a good team. I respect the way Cashman has started running their organization trying to be more home grown, but if they lose to the Astros in the ALCS again, their fans will eat Cashman alive if they think Castillo would have put them over the top.
Mr.Bond
AG
Being Yanks gm should be easiest job in sports. Bottomless funds

Cashman is a ****in bum loser
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

Eso si, Que es
I feel like the Astros won the lottery with that trade.

We won't face Castillo in regular season, the M's emptied their cupboard making our path to future AL West championships that much easier, and the Yankees still suck (in perpetuity)
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
Dodgers choking in Denver
Post removed:
by user
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

EastCoastAgNc
AG
AgDoc03
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Dusty obviously slept through the A's series
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Sounds like they are done
rausr
AG
Thank goodness the Mariners did not pull off a trade for Tony Kemp.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Missed most of the game since I am out in the sticks but just got done watching highlights… we're damn good against "good" teams! I hope we keep this up in the postseason and add a bat or two. We just might be unstoppable
tremble
AG
Yuli and Bregman starting to cook. Last 30 games:

Yuli .298 BA, 31 H
Breg .265 BA, 30 H

Really hope Brantley can get healthy but we have heard absolutely zero about him.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm just going to say it. We need to crack it open and pay him. Dude is a machine and needs to be here until he hangs it up.
AggiEE
tremble said:

Yuli .298 BA, 31 H
Breg .265 BA, 30 H

Really hope Brantley can get healthy but we have heard absolutely zero about him.

I think it's foolish to replace Yuli. He's one year removed from winning the batting title. He's had a half season slump.

Our org should have some faith that he will figure it out by the post season.

I was kinda rooting for Bell but I honestly think we have a more pressing need in CF and Catcher, and hope that Brantley can return…if not, maybe go after a LF

But first base? Just stick with Yuli…there's a chance he's not too far removed from Bell if he figures it out
bearkatag15
AG
AggiEE said:

tremble said:

Yuli .298 BA, 31 H
Breg .265 BA, 30 H

I think it's foolish to replace Yuli. He's one year removed from winning the batting title. He's had a half season slump.

I was kinda rooting for Bell but I honestly think we have a more pressing need in CF and Catcher, and hope that Brantley can return…if not, maybe go after a LF

By first base? Just stick with Yuli…
CF is absolutely the most pressing need right now. LF/DH is a close 2nd and Bell might take care of that
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

AggiEE said:

tremble said:

Yuli .298 BA, 31 H
Breg .265 BA, 30 H

By first base? Just stick with Yuli…
CF is absolutely the most pressing need right now. LF/DH is a close 2nd and Bell might take care of that

It Brantley is that big of a risk I agree maybe Bell makes sense in that scenario, and maybe he is…we really have no clue but it's not looking promising

In an ideal trade we get a great CF with years of control, only type of trade I'd give up Urquidy for and even that would hurt

Farmer1906
AG
High praise coming from a relate new pitcher for the Cubs.

redline248
AG
Next week of games is going to be hard for me to follow or post much. Headed for them beaches in Maui. Every game is a day game!
Deluxe
AG
redline248 said:

Next week of games is going to be hard for me to follow or post much. Headed for them beaches in Maui. Every game is a day game!

Nice!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I had no idea the yankees had a mascot at one point
agproducer
AG
I think we should roll with Yuli. He is starting to get going. He was crushing it in ST, and came into it in great shape. His wife had their third kid at the start of the season. That had to be hard, especially being on the road a ton during the front half of the season. I think that affected his performance. I'm sure he was hearing it a lot from her. It's hard sometimes to just concentrate on what's between the lines when so much is going on outside of them. I think things are starting to even out, his family is finding the groove with the third kid and we will get vintage Yuli the rest of the year.
CFTXAG10
AG
Get Bell and keep Yuli involved. We don't know how long uncle Mike is going to be out so you can get creative with how you play both Bell and Yuli between first base and DH.
redline248
AG
If Yuli is gonna hit 2-4 every night in the two hole, I'm good with it
1876er
AG
M's and Yankees. No problem.
A's. Too much to handle.

Hopefully that trend continues through the post season.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Get Bell and turn Yuli into a utility infielder.
Harry Dunne
Mr.Bond said:

Being Yanks gm should be easiest job in sports. Bottomless funds

Cashman is a ****in bum loser
And now Judge is going to get a ridiculous deal that takes him into his late 30s and it looked like they were going to let him walk, but now if they do win it all it will surely be because of Judge's contributions and if they don't win it all he will be under a ton of pressure to bring back the MVP. Either way I see another big long dumb deal in their future.

And I know they will just buy their way out of it and continue to be competitive, but they are paying so many top of the market salaries to guys who have become average or below average (Donaldson, Chapman etc.) and even the terrible 2nd tier deals: they are still on the hook for FOUR MORE years of Aaron Hicks' 7/$70M...Hicks had one good season and aside from that is no better than Chas. Can you imagine signing Chas to a 7 yr $70M deal? At age 29!?!?!

If I owned the team I'd go full Palpatine and just hire Luhnow. Can you imagine what he would do with the combination of the chip on his shoulder and all those resources?!?!
Frok
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

They'll get him for a couple mid-level prospects because they are baseball buleblood.
First Page Last Page
Page 774 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.