***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

5,325,338 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie said:

What was last Stros trade with Boston? Andersen for Bagwell?
Didn't we get Marwin from them on Rule 5?
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
Oh well, would be surprised to see the stros not make some deals.

All will be revealed by Tuesday
Big Al 1992
AG
Washington is hosting St Louis then heads to NY after Sunday's game - will Josh Bell head to NY with the Nats or head to his new home???
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This is going to hurt the Yankees
Mr President Elect
AG
https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/report-houston-astros-tampa-bay-rays-discuss-ji-man-choi-jose-urquidy-jose-siri-josh-lowe-swap

Harry Dunne
BadAggie said:

What was last Stros trade with Boston? Andersen for Bagwell?
Melancon for Lowrie 2011?
AggiEE
Mr President Elect said:

https://www.si.com/mlb/astros/news/report-houston-astros-tampa-bay-rays-discuss-ji-man-choi-jose-urquidy-jose-siri-josh-lowe-swap

Gotta be more to the Rays rumors because that deal makes no sense for Astros
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Quote:

Lowe has struggled in the Majors as a 24-year-old, slashing .214/.275/.337, but his potential is still strong, and his defense is solid right now.

How is this any different than what we have in center field right now?
BadAggie
AG
Ji-Man Choi?

Roll with Yuli and keep Urquidy
Ag_07
AG
I don't think that's a possible deal. Those are just players who have been discussed.

At least that's how I read that.
Mathguy64
AG
Us trading with the Rays makes no sense. They mirror us with strong pitching and below average BA. However they don't slug or get on base at all. They need hitting and we have nothing to give them and they certainly have nothing of value to give us.
Farmer1906
AG
Lol what?
The Porkchop Express
AG
If we trade for Choi, it's going to make it really awkward for me given that time at Game 1 of the 2019 ALDS when he argued balls and strikes with the ump and as he walked back to the dugout, I yelled as loud as I could from the stands that nobody wants to cheer for a whiny *****.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
If click makes that trade he needs to be canned. Don't give up urquidy for that mess.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BadAggie
AG
The name that should be discussed with the Rays is effing Blisters Odorizzi
AggiEE
BadAggie said:

The name that should be discussed with the Rays is effing Blisters Odorizzi
Yup Odorizzi for Choi and Lowe, I'd do.

Get one backup 1B to Yuli and get another prospect that will probably not amount to much in the big leagues.

Course it makes zero sense for the Rays...I just don't see any trade with the Rays being likely
Mathguy64
AG
Watching MLB TV they are really hyping a possible Soto to Texas deal.

I'm begging you Rangers. Do it. Set yourself back 10 years.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
ttha_aggie_09
AG
WTF
R-Dog
AG
Dumb question maybe, but what is the admission deal for Torchy's and the Budweiser Brew Pub in center field?

Thinking of coming in for the Orioles series and the Astros website sounds like those have their own tickets but Stubhub and Vivid and other 3rd party resale sites don't show any tickets available in those areas which I find hard to believe that there's not a single one for sale.

Are they first come, first served, mad dash to get a table when the gates open or do you need a specific ticket for those areas?
BadAggie
AG
Rangers can't draw d|ck at their new park even with their spending in the off-season

Soto wouldn't help

Looking like Anaheim East, but at least Angels fans do show up
EastCoastAgNc
AG
They are currently 8 games back of the wild card, so if they don't sell off some pieces, they are idiots.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Quote:

"It's one of those things I'm not too accustomed to hitting there in the lineup, but I'm definitely going to be taking advantage of it," he said. "I've been seeing a lot more pitches to hit, obviously, because Yordan is right behind me."

Quote:

Although Gurriel has found success in his new batting order position, it is not one he prefers or expects to maintain.

"I like five, six. It's better for me," he said. "I mean, to the moment things are going well, and maybe that was the part in the order where I needed to hit to get some luck, until Brantley comes back."

Quote:

"I feel a lot better, definitely," he said. "We've made a couple adjustments here and there and I do feel good about the next two coming months. … Just like the selection of pitches that I've been swinging at. In the past, since things weren't going too well, I was getting a little bit anxious and swinging at pitches out of the zone. So just kind of limited that."
CFTXAG10
AG
Mathguy64
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

They are currently 8 games back of the wild card, so if they don't sell off some pieces, they are idiots.

They should sell Perez. He having a career year. This would be the high point for a sell opportunity. But of course how do you sell parts when you dropped half a billion on two SS in the Spring? They are in no man's land.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
CFTXAG10
AG

Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

MAGA

BCEDAg
AG
Trading for Choi never entered my mind as a trade possibility. Hope is doesn't happen. My confidence in Click's ability to negotiate a good trade will be extremely low.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
It would be the days of Tim Purpura all over again even we served as the rays unofficial farm system.
First Page Last Page
Page 776 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.