***** Official 2022 Houston Astros Season Thread *****

4,902,155 Views | 83072 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Harry Dunne
Johnsy3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Johnsy3
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

West Roxbury
I've been waiting for a bust out game like this for some time. Was talking to a friend of mine the other day about just that. When is it going to happen? I guess today!
West Roxbury
Prosperdick said:

My goodness.
RC_57
AG
I missed the last part of the game, and haven't caught up on all the post yet, but ..

Did the Sox score the safety against our 2nd sting O-line, or did we just give it up taking a knee?
Johnsy3
AG

Yuli hot on his heels with 199 2B in 763 games
bearkatag15
AG
Verne Lundquist said:

Shoutout my nemesis bregman

Keep hating him. He seemed really bothered by it
tremble
AG
Bregman over the last 15 games: .400 BA. 1.247 OPS in August
shano0603
AG
Didn't perform well enough today. Dubon, meyers, Matchstick and maldy to start tomorrow.
bearkatag15
AG
Atlanta has a massive outfield. I imagine Mancini sits, Yordan at DH, Chas at LF, Meyers at CF
CFTXAG10
AG
First time scoring that many since September 8, 2019 against the Mariners

We followed it up the next day with a 15-0 win
Verne Lundquist
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Verne Lundquist said:

Shoutout my nemesis bregman

Keep hating him. He seemed really bothered by it
I'll always hate him since he's LSU
Faustus
bearkatag15 said:

Atlanta has a massive outfield. I imagine Mancini sits, Yordan at DH, Chas at LF, Meyers at CF

Chaz is going to need to sprint over to CF on anything hit deep to be Meyers' relay man to get the ball to the infield. Jake is playing with T Rex arms. They need to add another color in addition to green to indicate relative arm strength.
RED AG 98
AG
Mathguy64 said:

RED AG 98 said:

Once we went up two TDs (like maybe the 7th), PH with Jake to give him a confidence booster them an auto out.

To be fair, Yordan is pretty much an auto out right now.
Fair. Harsh, but true and fair.
OPAG
AG
You are also not accounting for the massive population difference and also back then baseball didn't really pay that well, over all, There are many many more kids playing competitive organized baseball thus creating a much larger pool of talented playes, not to mention the international pool which was virtually none existent then.
"only one thing is important!"
Ag_07
AG
You talking about the Yordan who ripped a 110 mph double off the wall?

That auto out?

He's not his typical self but he's not an auto out
Mr President Elect
AG
Yeah, let's not compare him to a guy that struck-out by a 50 something mph pitch by a position player.
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

That auto out?

He's definitely in a funk. In his last 10 games he's 8-34 with only 4 walks and 11 Ks. And only one 2B and one HR.
FrioAg 00
AG
It's more important that we let Yordon work his way out if this slump than the outcomes of these games are
Mr President Elect
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Ag_07 said:

That auto out?

He's definitely in a funk. In his last 10 games he's 8-34 with only 4 walks and 11 Ks. And only one 2B and one HR.
Not sure if that counts his double today, as I know he has two doubles the in the last 10 games (including today). Using the rest of your numbers that is a .698 ops, where .708 is the mlb avg for the year. No one is saying he isn't in a funk, but it's not quite as bad as some of you are making it out to be. Just very un-Yordan'esk.
bearkatag15
AG
Blue Jays up 5-0 early on the Yankees
FrioAg 00
AG
Dodgers already lost.

Could be a trifecta kind of a day
Ag_07
AG
So at the end of the day after all that BS we split the series and the only 2 games we lost were come backs in the 8th.
Harry Dunne
Harry Dunne said:

Harry Dunne said:

bearkatag15 said:

If Bregman is healthy all year I'll take the over on 26 HRs and 92 RBIs.

Aaand right back on track
bearkatag15
AG
BayAg_14
bearkatag15 said:

This really is a colossal collapse. They were on pace to win 120 games. Hate to see it!
The Porkchop Express
bearkatag15 said:

That would be 50 home runs and 172 RBI across a whole season while hitting .397. Be a strong MVP runner-up to Judge.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
The Porkchop Express
BayAg_14 said:

bearkatag15 said:

This really is a colossal collapse. They were on pace to win 120 games. Hate to see it!
Crazy division. The Red Sox are in last and 14 behind NY. If they were in the Central, they'd be 4 games outta first.

Despite all the Yankees' troubles, they come into this series with a 10-game lead over Toronto and Tampa. Even if they lose 3 out of 4, they'd still come out of it with an 8-game lead over the Jays. Their biggest concern has to be losing the top seed to the Astros. NY is 42-17 at home, 31-28 on the road. The Astros are 39-18 / 38-25.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Prosperdick
AG
BayAg_14 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I'm shocked they're losing after winning the World Series last night.
Ag_07
AG
WTF has been wrong with the Blue Jays?

George
Vlad Jr
Gurriel
Chapman
Merrifield
Bichette

Those are all all stars and they're only 5 games over .500.

No wonder Montoya was canned
RED AG 98
AG
My original comment was about Jake. The Yordan follow-up was mostly in jest, however since mathguy already posted the numbers the avg is .230s over his last 10...
JB12
AG
Anyone else gonna be in Atlanta this weekend?
Wabs
AG
9-2 Jays. LOL.
AustinCountyAg
As a forced Yankees fan this year and last I watch almost every night. Their offense is brutal and starting pitch is average at best outside cole and Nestor. They pose zero concern come playoffs. Only way they will compete is if Stanton comes back and gets hot and judge stays hot. Outside them their record the past month is exactly what they are. Cashman has built a terrible team and has made terrible trade deadline moves.

Montas? Bettendi? Seriously. Trading Montgomery for an injured outfielder when they outfield already was underachieving and dealing with injuries is mind boggling.
First Page Last Page
Page 1017 of 2374

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.