The Cleveland Indians are No More

5,686 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ciboag96
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SW-14 said:

The winged "G" logo is awful.

It is, BUT, the wings are straight from the statues they are supposedly named after. So at least there is a reason for it.
aggiephoenix02
The Atlanta Braves beat the Cleveland Indians in six games in the 1995 World Series...
aggiephoenix02
What the heck is wrong with the name Cleveland Indians?

In less than 50 years the Native American in this country will be complaining how they've been erased from history. Then all these dumb liberals will start renaming all the teams back to what they were...
CampingAg
AG
I like how "Indians" is so offensive that they've still been using the name and still have it plastered everywhere for the time being.
92Ag95
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

I thought Cleveland was the offensive part of their name.
POTY!
Quincey P. Morris
AG
From what I read about the only thing they didn't consider was another name that had anything to do with Native Americans.
Cen-Tex
AG
I was at the Crow Agency in Montana yesterday and saw a 20 something year old American Indian lad wearing a Cleveland Chief Wahoo ball cap. Obviously not offended. He wasn't aware of the name change when I asked.
PatAg
AG

https://www.conductdetrimental.com/post/cleveland-guardians-is-it-blank-check-time

Interesting
DannyDuberstein
AG
LOL. So Cleveland
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Some of the comments on the tweet make it sound like the TMs for the team have been abandoned and there are indications an agreement may already be in place.
htxag09
AG
Yeah, before the jumping on Cleveland for this dumb move and not verifying a trademark, copyright, bandwagon, I'll go ahead and assume the Indians have a hell of a lot more lawyers than a roller derby team and thought about this long ago.
nai06
AG
They should just use this as an excuse to go with the Cleveland Spiders. Better name, better logo, and it has historical context.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
htxag09 said:

Yeah, before the jumping on Cleveland for this dumb move and not verifying a trademark, copyright, bandwagon, I'll go ahead and assume the Indians have a hell of a lot more lawyers than a roller derby team and thought about this long ago.
If they haven't given up the rights, I imagine plaintiff side IP lawyers will be more than willing to take that on contingency and make a score. Think McKool Smith type of firms that run big IP suits like that out of E.D. Tex. Against big tech.
Carlo4
AG
missed a good opportunity to be the Cleveland Rocks and just use the theme song from Drew Carey show/incorporate the Rock and Roll HOF
halfastros81
AG
I thought the same. Cleveland Rockers.

I feel a little bad for their long time fans. Well . Not really
Cromagnum
Cromagnum
AG
Time for plan B

ptothemo
AG
This is really an opportunity to stage a roller derby race? match? show? in the middle of the fifth inning at home games. If the baseball team declines back to Cleveland mediocrity, the roller derby will be the star of the show by about 2024.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
The most Cleveland name ever is the River Fire
agsalaska
AG
Cen-Tex said:

I was at the Crow Agency in Montana yesterday and saw a 20 something year old American Indian lad wearing a Cleveland Chief Wahoo ball cap. Obviously not offended. He wasn't aware of the name change when I asked.

It's not about the Indians. It's about the white progressives.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
agsalaska said:

Cen-Tex said:

It's not about the Indians. It's about the white progressives.
That might be one of the better name change proposals. Cleveland White Leftists.
Ciboag96
The new mascot

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.