Ben Zobrist's ex-wife and ex-pastor both suck ass

14,384 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by PSully97
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He filed in TN. TN does not consider fault when splitting assets, but it does consider it with a determination of alimony. TN also considers contribution to the assets of the marriage when splitting assets, but it's not a pure math calc. They consider intrinsic contribution like being a stay hime mom, so the split may not be in his favor as much as one would think or that he deserves
Faustus
agdaddy04 said:

Faustus said:

She's going to get paid in the absence of a prenup. He knew the dynamics going into the marriage and it turned up worst case. It's just a question of how much varying on the states.

Kind of interesting that the Pastor's wife alerted BZ, but that she stayed with Yawn after finally being able to c*** block Juliana.
You might want to research again where he filed for divorce. I think it matters that she had the affair and it's proven.

I posted earlier in the thread why it mattered where they filed, and the rationale behind each venue. She's going to get paid in the absence of a prenup, even if Tennessee gets there first.

No fault as to the corpus of the assets they amassed during their marriage. Her cheating only comes into play for alimony under Tennessee law.
DannyDuberstein
AG
She is also going after an additional $4 mill for salary he gave up when he left the team in 2019 because his marriage was collapsing, all in the name of "not preserving the marital assets". She is a massive, massive ****
12law
AG
So her lawyer is just supposed to let $4M go without a fight?
DannyDuberstein
AG
12law said:

So her lawyer is just supposed to let $4M go without a fight?

Her lawyer can die in a bath of flaming **** hairs for all i care
Faustus
https://www.yahoo.com/news/divorce-documents-ben-zobrist-says-205100652.html

Ben is seeking a 60/40 split of the marital assets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the-sun.com/sport/3316927/former-mlb-star-ben-zobrists-net-worth-revealed/amp/

The Sun quoted reports estimating BZ's net worth at $55 million.
bigcat22
AG
Article discussing her "reasoning" for seeking an additional $4 million. She must be a real POS. Especially when you see her Instagram posts in the article.

https://www.outkick.com/ben-zobrists-alleged-cheating-wife-i-want-more-divorce-money/
AggiEE
Holy **** man. Marriage law is such a ******* scam when your cheating wife is entitled to half the net worth you earned
astros4545
AG
AggiEE said:

Holy **** man. Marriage law is such a ******* scam when your cheating wife is entitled to half the net worth you earned

I'd blow it all out of spite in one weekend
DeangeloVickers
AG
Props to her plastic surgeon. Those are quite the sweater stretchers
Ciboag96
bigcat22 said:

Article discussing her "reasoning" for seeking an additional $4 million. She must be a real POS. Especially when you see her Instagram posts in the article.

https://www.outkick.com/ben-zobrists-alleged-cheating-wife-i-want-more-divorce-money/
From the comments:

"Some baseball wives are in it for love of the game, and the pleasure of getting to sit through extra inning doubleheaders in Detroit. Others are not."

A-****ing-men brother.
i is smart
AG
The 'crazy eyes' test is undefeated.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Dad Jokes said:

The 'crazy eyes' test is undefeated.
hawk1689
AG
I like how she forgave herself publicly while her husband is still dealing with the fallout...in a bikini. What a koont.
Mathguy64
AG
Pretty sure she violated the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not let another man see and touch your sweater puppies when your husband paid for them.
Faustus
It's a little funny that she's repeatedly taking comfort in her faith against the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune on social media. Between her being a Christian singer, author, and inspirational speaker, and Yawn being a pastor, you could hardly blame BZ if he converted.

At least if he was Hindu Karma would come into play.
hawk1689
AG
Just now saw the post where she zoomed in on her titty. Good for me. Bad for her message!
Faustus
She's just trying to keep us abreast of her position.
Faustus
BZ dropped his suit against Yawn for now. The linked article says that Juliana and Yawn are a couple and in an emotionally secure relationship. It's about to be a financially secure one too.

Yawn is soon going to be living large with Juliana on her part of BZ's baseball fortune.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-chicago-cubs-ben-zobrist-julianna-divorce-lawsuit-20210813-wzq733si2fdtvdm5np3b6pr3wa-story.html

Things seem to be falling into place for the happy couple. I wonder if she'll make him sign a prenup if they get married.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If you're the pastor and she was willing to cheat on her baseball-playing husband with you, imagine the quality of guy she's going to cheat on while married to you.
jenn96
AG
Faustus said:

BZ dropped his suit against Yawn for now. The linked article says that Juliana and Yawn are a couple and in an emotionally secure relationship. It's about to be a financially secure one too.

Yawn is soon going to be living large with Juliana on her part of BZ's baseball fortune.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/ct-chicago-cubs-ben-zobrist-julianna-divorce-lawsuit-20210813-wzq733si2fdtvdm5np3b6pr3wa-story.html

Things seem to be falling into place for the happy couple. I wonder if she'll make him sign a prenup if they get married.
Okay that is funny.

What a piece of work this woman is. Cheating on him with his pastoral counselor (and presumed friend), trying to claim he owes her money he wasn't able to earn because of her own shenanigans, and now she's going to take his kids and his money while Instagramming every minute of it. (Much like Jesus did).

On the upside, at least he won't have to pretend to like her singing anymore.
EastSideAg2002
By all accounts this chick has a spending problem. How is she going to keep up without the MLB salary coming in? Looking forward to seeing her on faces of meth.
Faustus
jenn96 said:

Faustus said:

Okay that is funny.

What a piece of work this woman is. Cheating on him with his pastoral counselor (and presumed friend), trying to claim he owes her money he wasn't able to earn because of her own shenanigans, and now she's going to take his kids and his money while Instagramming every minute of it. (Much like Jesus did).

On the upside, at least he won't have to pretend to like her singing anymore.

I've seen at least a couple of Cubs articles pointing out that upside for their own fans.

Here she is murdering the national anthem at a Cubs game. She had to learn to love yawns out of self-defense.

Faustus
EastSideAg2002 said:

By all accounts this chick has a spending problem. How is she going to keep up without the MLB salary coming in? Looking forward to seeing her on faces of meth.

According to the links I posted earlier BZ is worth $55 million, and he's seeking a 60/40 split. That's his best day.

I suspect you'll have to wait a while. If anything her allowance is going up.
TarponChaser
If she did what she's alleged to have done it is beyond criminal for this lying harlot to receive a damn penny.
NonReg81
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

TL: DR

Zobrists have known the pastor since before they got married in 2005. They have three kids.
Ben went to him for anxiety/depression counselling multiple times in the last 15 years, and guy start sleeping with his wife while giving Ben counselling.
Ends up getting a job at Ben's charity during this same time making $42 grand a year in a part-time role.

I realize his now ex-wife is just as much to blame here, but WTF kinda guy is on the guy's charity board and giving him counselling while also screwing his wife?

https://deadspin.com/ben-zobrist-claims-wife-had-affair-with-former-pastor-i-1847144682

Rule 1 on the ex..

and this is the guy she cheated with. And he's also married.

NonReg81
TarponChaser said:

If she did what she's alleged to have done it is beyond criminal for this lying harlot to receive a damn penny.
This sounds like another reality show in the making.'
Faustus
TarponChaser said:

What if he'd cheated? More than criminal and she gets it all?
The reason this is so out there is because she cheated, he was faithful, and it was with their pastor.

99% of the time it's the star athlete cheating on his kids' mom, and it doesn't bear mentioning or raise the pulse a bit. I guess because it upends some sense of propriety that the woman can stray, and still get half - notwithstanding no fault divorce and some form of community property across the land.

TarponChaser
Faustus said:

TarponChaser said:

What if he'd cheated? More than criminal and she gets it all?
The reason this is so out there is because she cheated, he was faithful, and it was with their pastor.

99% of the time it's the star athlete cheating on his kids' mom, and it doesn't bear mentioning or raise the pulse a bit. I guess because it upends some sense of propriety that the woman can stray, and still get half - notwithstanding no fault divorce and some form of community property across the land.

Personally, I think if you cheat you forfeit your right to anything. Regardless of who does the cheating.
jenn96
AG
I think in this case especially, its the betrayal aspect that makes it so much worse. Cheating is awful but it happens, in lots of marriages for lots of reasons. But she cheated with the guy who was counseling him for depression and anxiety - I cannot imagine how it would feel to know, going through a breakup and divorce, that the person I told all of my most difficult secrets to and trusted with my fears was using them against me, sleeping with my wife, imaging them in bed laughing about it, or feeling pity. Probably the two people he trusted most in the world and they utterly betrayed him. If it were me I would want to kill them both, quite literally.

Compound that with the fact that he was the only breadwinner and earned significant money, while she dabbled in vanity careers that probably lost them a fortune, and now she wants more than half their earnings (plus child support which will be significant) - it's not really sexism, she's just a straight up villain. And the "pastor" is 10x worse.
TarponChaser
I agree with everything you just said.
PSully97
AG
Well said.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.