Astros vs. Rangers series this weekend

1,629 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CoachAg19
CoachAg19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Traveling to Arlington this weekend with my old college roommate to watch the Astros try to sweep the Rangers in back-to-back weekends! We've made traveling to visiting ballparks an annual thing for about 7 years now. Of course the pandemic ruined those plans last year. We came to Arlington back in 2013, but with them having a new ballpark we figured we have to come back since the purpose is to watch the Astros in every ballpark. We've done Boston (by far the best at this point), Arlington, KC, Arizona, Colorado, and now back to Arlington again. Last year's plan was to do the NYM and Baltimore in the same weekend, because the Astros had series with those teams one right after the other.
Any other Ags going to be in the Arlington area for the series this weekend???
Class of 2010
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Going to other ballparks is something every fan should do, I actually have found it even more fun to go see a game where you don't have a rooting interest and just soak up the experience. Between 1996-2008 I got to see the astros at Wrigley and in San Francisco, as well as going to games at old Busch stadium, arlington stadium, the ballpark at Arlington, Camden yards, new comiskey, the metrodome. Royals stadium, Cooors field, fenway pawhk, dodger stadium, Anaheim, old Yankee stadium, and petco park. Every stadium is unique and everywhere you go there are people who want to talk baseball with you.
wangus12
AG
Wife and I will be there for the Saturday game.
Buck Compton
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Going to other ballparks is something every fan should do, I actually have found it even more fun to go see a game where you don't have a rooting interest and just soak up the experience. Between 1996-2008 I got to see the astros at Wrigley and in San Francisco, as well as going to games at old Busch stadium, arlington stadium, the ballpark at Arlington, Camden yards, new comiskey, the metrodome. Royals stadium, Cooors field, fenway pawhk, dodger stadium, Anaheim, old Yankee stadium, and petco park. Every stadium is unique and everywhere you go there are people who want to talk baseball with you.
So much this. You also get to see and experience the fans as an impartial third party. For the better part of the last decade I have travelled every week for work. It's given me a chance to see games (not involving the Astros) at Fenway, new Yankee Stadium, Wrigley, Comerica, Petco, Safeco, Coors, and what is now Oracle Park in San Fran. Hoping to get some more in soon, but am probably going to start aligning them to Astros games now that I am leaving that job.
Grapesoda2525
CoachAg19 said:

Traveling to Arlington this weekend with my old college roommate to watch the Astros try to sweep the Rangers in back-to-back weekends! We've made traveling to visiting ballparks an annual thing for about 7 years now. Of course the pandemic ruined those plans last year. We came to Arlington back in 2013, but with them having a new ballpark we figured we have to come back since the purpose is to watch the Astros in every ballpark. We've done Boston (by far the best at this point), Arlington, KC, Arizona, Colorado, and now back to Arlington again. Last year's plan was to do the NYM and Baltimore in the same weekend, because the Astros had series with those teams one right after the other.
Sweep sweep sweep

Hope you enjoyed the new park tho.
Tear Down This Wall
Grapesoda2525 said:

CoachAg19 said:

Sweep sweep sweep

Strange to see someone gloating like this over something ultimately meaningless.
Grapesoda2525
Tear Down This Wall said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

CoachAg19 said:

Sweep sweep sweep

Strange to see someone gloating like this over something ultimately meaningless.
If it was so meaningless than why acknowledge and reply to it sir? I'd argue that you're assisting in making it meaningful.
wbt5845
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

CoachAg19 said:

Sweep sweep sweep

If it was so meaningless than why acknowledge and reply to it sir? I'd argue that you're assisting it making it meaningful.

The OP started it.
Grapesoda2525
wbt5845 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

CoachAg19 said:

Sweep sweep sweep

If it was so meaningless than why acknowledge and reply to it sir? I'd argue that you're assisting it making it meaningful.

The OP started it.
Yeah by saying he was coming to "sweep us again".
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You play for the Rangers? Cool!
CoachAg19
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

wbt5845 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

CoachAg19 said:

Sweep sweep sweep

The OP started it.
Yeah by saying he was coming to "sweep us again".
Not what I said at all actually. Gloat all you want though. Rangers pitching was nails in tight situations. Well deserved victories from that pitching staff for sure.
Class of 2010
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.