2021 no-hitters

2,883 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mr.Ackar07
Aggie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3rd one already in the books. That is the 2nd most since 2015 where there were 7 on the season and 4 total in 2019.

It also doesn't count the full game (7-inning) no hitter by Baumgarter a couple weeks ago.
Carlo4
AG
Considering we are on pace for the worst batting average in MLB history... even the year before they lowered the mound... I expect to see a return above that over the summer. I would also love to see more no hitters!

With that said, no hitter last night was a first in history in that the perfect game was ruined by a dropped third strike... and being the only reason someone was on base.
agsalaska
AG
Kind of funny yesterday. At some point late in the game the Mariners tweeted 'no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter, no-hitter.' It didn't work.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
ORAggieFan
Curious if there had been any others with 27 batters that wasn't a perfect game and didn't have a DP.
Oyster DuPree
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Curious if there had been any others with 27 batters that wasn't a perfect game and didn't have a DP.

https://baseballhall.org/discover/babe-ruth-made-history-with-help-from-ernie-shore
Combined no-hitter by Babe Ruth (tossed from the game after walking the first batter, punched the umpire after getting run) and Ernie Shore. The runner on first was caught stealing and Shore retired the next 26.
DallasAg 94
ORAggieFan
No. The game has changed where Ks are more accepted than ever. Shifts are also contributing to more outs in what would have been hits.
Carlo4
AG
ORAggieFan said:

No. The game has changed where Ks are more accepted than ever. Shifts are also contributing to more outs in what would have been hits.
Good stuff and good conversation.

Watching a Rangers/Angels game the other week and they did a normal infield for one of the hitters. The announcers made note of it as it's one of the few times they had seen it this year. There is so much data on EVERYONE at any level, that they play to those odds.

When the hitters start accepting small ball to hit around the shifts AND win doing it this way, things won't change.
ORAggieFan
Honestly, I'm not sure TV does justice the number of formations they have unless you pay crazy close attention. I've been to about 10 Padres games this year. One batter the shift may have Machado at short. The next batter he's in short right where 2B was the batter before. It's so exact per batter.
Tastybrisket10
AG
Shifting was cool 15 years ago when it was a competitive advantage. Not cool anymore. I don't want to pay money to watch Gallo or Yordan bunt. Give me the highlights. Let me see a SS go deep in the hole to make a play. Let me see the monster blasts. Limit the shift.
The Milkman
AG
Wade Miley looking to add one more to this season total...
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Miley gets his.

Something special going on in Oakland too.
Aggie95
AG
and another....Wade Miley makes it 4 official no-hitters
toucan82
2nd time for Cleveland... I'm starting to think the problem might just be them
wangus12
AG
Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Miley gets his.

Something special going on in Oakland too.

Annnnnd it's gone
i is smart
AG
Carlo4 said:

ORAggieFan said:

Watching a Rangers/Angels game the other week and they did a normal infield for one of the hitters. The announcers made note of it as it's one of the few times they had seen it this year. There is so much data on EVERYONE at any level, that they play to those odds.

When the hitters start accepting small ball to hit around the shifts AND win doing it this way, things won't change.

I agree with that change in the dynamic of baseball. However, I do think cracking down on sign stealing has attributed to the dropping averages to some degree.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
KT 90
AG
Game of interest in progress tonight.
KT 90
AG
And done. Spencer Turnbull no hits Seattle.
tjack16
AG
Dad Jokes said:

Carlo4 said:

ORAggieFan said:

I agree with that change in the dynamic of baseball. However, I do think cracking down on sign stealing has attributed to the dropping averages to some degree.

Impossible. Astros are the only team that did that. According to many.
astros4545
AG
5 no hitters already????

And 6 of those are against Seattle????

Incredible
Mr.Ackar07
Of the 5 no-hitters this year, Seattle and Cleveland have each been the recipient of two.

Seattle also accounts for 40% of the last 10 no-hitters spanning back to 2019.
Aggie95
AG
Corey Kluber....your turn. No Hitter #6
agsalaska
AG
This is getting ridiculous.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Rubble
AG
6 no hitters and it's not June. Baseball is unwatchable. Glad we can't watch it
Tastybrisket10
AG
Save for Joe Musgrove these guys are not guys with no hitter-type stuff. Hitters have been groomed to swing for the fence to avoid the shift and this is what has happened. They are not going to change and start bunting and swinging the other way it's been 20 years...it's time to ban the shift.
Mr.Ackar07
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Of the 5 no-hitters this year, Seattle and Cleveland have each been the recipient of two.

Seattle also accounts for 40% of the last 10 no-hitters spanning back to 2019.
And now Seattle, Cleveland, and Texas account for all 6 no-hitters this year.
agsalaska
AG
Rubble said:

6 no hitters and it's not June. Baseball is unwatchable. Glad we can't watch it
It is certainly not unwatchable for me yet but it is not headed in the right direction.

I watch a lot of baseball and more than ever am enjoying SEC and Big12 baseball over MLB. I watch MLB during the week but on the weekends its NCAA all the way. Hell I am watching Indiana V Michigan right now.

Ags #1
AG
How is it unwatchable? These guys are the best of the best
Aggie95
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31454952/how-k-became-most-destructive-letter-major-league-baseball

This begins to explain it
Ags #1
AG
Interesting article thansk
CampingAg
AG
When Wade Miley threw one it became not a big deal.
Mr.Ackar07
CampingAg said:

When Wade Miley threw one it became not a big deal.
I thought that was when Mike Fiers threw his 2nd
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.