Will Other Teams and Ownership Speak Up - Staying Out of Politics

3,528 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MaxPower
cajunaggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Panama Red said:

But what detriment to these downtown stadiums & owners has there been due to the liberal democrats running the counties?

They also bend over backwards to accommodate pro sports.
Almost zero from what I've seen in my life. The only hindrance is when a city like Oakland or LA doesnt bend over backwards to accommodate pro sports and doesn't use tax money to build a stadium so the team takes off to a city or county that will for them.
cajunaggie08
AG
Gap said:

Panama Red said:

But what detriment to these downtown stadiums & owners has there been due to the liberal democrats running the counties?
You are missing the obvious regarding attendance. How many are still at some silly number near 0%?
All except the Rangers are somewhere between 20% and 40%
Gap
AG
Much of college football was at 25% last August. Madison Square Garden went to 10% just this week from 0% even with the vaccine having been out there for many months.
BMX Bandit
I don't think conservatives running those places would have spent a ton of money to build stadiums either.
Panama Red
AG
Gap said:

Panama Red said:

You are missing the obvious regarding attendance. How many are still at some silly number near 0%?
In Texas, that number previously was because of the governor, right? I don't think counties here can limit the seating now.

So how would it have mattered if stadium is downtown or a suburb?

What county are Rangers in?

I admit I don't know the COVID rules around the country, is there any MLB city with reduced capacity that would have higher if in the suburbs?

Braves for example. Suburb, 33% capacity. Is that a team rule? County rule? State rule?
Gap
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Gap said:

Panama Red said:

20% with a vaccine already covering all of the high risk, distancing, and a mask?

That isn't science. That is a political decision by these cities.
cajunaggie08
AG
Gap said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Gap said:

Panama Red said:

20% with a vaccine already covering all of the high risk, distancing, and a mask?

That isn't science. That is a political decision by these cities.
The Astros have the same rules imposed on them as the Rangers. They chose to go a different direction. Its not all the cities doing it.
bluefire579
AG
Rangers are also only doing it for opening day. They're restricting attendance after that

https://www.mlb.com/news/rangers-globe-life-field-capacity-plans-2021
mwm
The Braves will likely have 3-4 players elected to the ASG ( Freeman, Albies, et al). Will those players choose to boycott the game in a show of support to the vendors of the stadium, hotel & restaurant workers, etc. who were counting on the money resulting from the ASG weekend?
Gap
AG
mwm said:

The Braves will likely have 3-4 players elected to the ASG ( Freeman, Albies, et al). Will those players choose to boycott the game in a show of support to the vendors of the stadium, hotel & restaurant workers, etc. who were counting on the money resulting from the ASG weekend?
It is the players elected union leadership that began the push for the game to be moved.
MaxPower
Astros did it because fan feedback said that's what they were comfortable with. That's a good business listening to its customers.

I assume the Rangers are doing the same thing with the exception of just opening day. I'm assuming they allowed their season ticket holders an alternative if they weren't comfortable with a packed stadium the first day.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.