***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,791,109 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2,101 pages for a great season. It's been fun boys. AL Champs, not the worst way to end it.

https://texags.com/forums/53/topics/3245033
Ag_07
AG
Not at all.

Sucks to lose but at the end of the day you just want a deep run and want your team to have a legit chance.

They set themselves up for that but just couldn't finish. Got beat by a really good team that was also hot at the right time.

On to the off-season thread.
The Beef01
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Big Johnson Ag said:

He's not going to SD. They have Tatis Jr and Machado
SD was putting Tatis in the outfield towards the end of the season because he is such a bad SS... they certainly could use a good SS
If Correa goes to the Padres, that'll be a very entertaining team to watch for the next 3 years....and then it'll be just horrible to watch over the balance of the following decade as they've already dealt their farm and would have so many long term/huge contracts hanging around their necks.
MaxPower
Tatis wasn't in the OF because of how bad he was at SS. He was basically league average.
Ag_07
AG
He's bad at SS

In 102 games he had 21 errors...21. And his defensive runs saved was -7.

That's not average that's awful.
scrimp
AG
Welp, not the outcome I wanted, but congrats to the Braves. They made the plays that mattered.

Some great surprises this year (full season, not just the WS)
  • Brantley and Yuli battling for the batting title
  • The emergence of Chas, Myer, and Siri
  • McCullers growing into the ace role, with Framber growing into a top of the rotation guy
  • Garcia growing into a solid starter
  • Trade deadline acquisitions in the BP made a weakness into a strength
  • Correa staying healthy all year
  • Tucker emerging after his ice cold start of the year
  • Yordan coming back from last years surgeries and continuing to smash the ball

Plenty of negatives, too. And plenty of things for the FO to focus on in the off season. Hopefully they can keep the ride going and be in the hunt for a 5th WS appearance next year (and 2nd WS title!).

The Porkchop Express
Before I move to the off-season thread, just wanted to say how much I've appreciate this thread all season long. I work a lot of nights and very rarely watch even a few innings on TV except for the playoffs, so between your comments and Gamecast, it really is a community fan experience that I don't take for granted. 2021 had some real rough spots in it for my fam - covid losses, the damage from the ice storm, frustrations at school, and the over the top actions of a few Internet people, but I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for letting me part of the board from wire to wire.

Buck Compton
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Before I move to the off-season thread, just wanted to say how much I've appreciate this thread all season long. I work a lot of nights and very rarely watch even a few innings on TV except for the playoffs, so between your comments and Gamecast, it really is a community fan experience that I don't take for granted. 2021 had some real rough spots in it for my fam - covid losses, the damage from the ice storm, frustrations at school, and the over the top actions of a few Internet people, but I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for letting me part of the board from wire to wire.

So much this
Teddy Perkins
AG
One more image drop to recap the playoff run for posterity's sake.
First Page Refresh
Page 2102 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.