***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,790,745 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More gold.
wangus12
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

If for whatever reason Siri doesn't make it in the big leagues, we should just hire as the bat boy/hype guy for the dug out
jg07
AG
Astros are undefeated in World Series games with Trump in attendance.
Teddy Perkins
AG
wangus12 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

If for whatever reason Siri doesn't make it in the big leagues, we should just hire as the bat boy/hype guy for the dug out
Swag concierge.
Ag12thman
AG
Siri is that one very important guy you need on your team and in your locker room to keep things light and fun. Love seeing these interactions.
texasaggie2015
AG
Just got home. That was the best spontaneous thing I've ever done.
AgsMyDude
AG
Drove from San Antonio to make the game.

Fun as hell!
MattJaxson
AG
That was fun. Flew in from Nashville to go to the game with my old man a few months before I become a Dad for the first time. 1st World Series game for me was way less stressful than I thought it would be. I guess it helps to jump out early! LFG Stros!
RED AG 98
AG
Was the stadium reasonably full? Seemed like quite a few empty seats in all the tv shots.
texasaggie2015
AG
To be honest, it was awesome, but it wasn't loud at all. At least up in the 400s. Louder than a regular season game but it wasn't necessarily rocking.
MattJaxson
AG
Yeah, it weirdly felt like a random Wednesday game, but simultaneously i was hyped as could be. Wasn't super loud for us in 311.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I was in the Gallagher club tonight standing at my bar top spot facing the field on the farthest pat of left field that the club extends and Jim Crane walked up with a couple people and stood there with em and watched the roof open. When he was done some folks asked for pics and he obliged. Then this lovable loud mouth standing next to us blurted out "please Mr. Crane you have to re sign Correa"

I expected him to ignore it or just walk away, but the dude stayed there and had an actual conversation with us about it. Here's the gist (I'm using quotes but I've had like 12 beers between then and now so yeah):

"I literally just talked to him in the locker room and told him after the series let's talk real numbers. I don't know if he's gonna get what he wants, but we are in the game"

So take that for what it's worth.

Also, I shook Ohtanis hand last night and he is a very tall person.

Now let's win the ****ing World Series.

Johnsy3
AG
W said:

somebody update the all-time postseason numbers
All-Time Playoff HR:

1. Manny Ramirez - 29 in 493 PA
2. Bernie Williams - 22 in 545 PA
2. Jose Altuve- 22 in 345 PA
4. Derek Jeter - 20 in734 PA
5. Albert Pujols - 19 in 352 PA
5. George Springer - 19 in 292 PA
7. Reggie Jackson 18 in 318 PA
7. Carlos Correa - 18 in 317 PA
7. Mickey Mantle - 18 in 273 PA
7. Nelson Cruz - 18 in 207 PA

All-Time Playoff RBI:

1. Bernie Williams - 80 in 545 PA
2. Manny Ramirez - 78 in 493 PA
3. David Justice - 63 in 471 PA
4. Derek Jeter - 61 in 734 PA
4. David Ortiz - 61 in 369 PA
6. Carlos Correa - 56 in 317 PA
7. Albert Pujols - 54 in 352 PA
8. Jose Altuve - 48 in 345 PA
8. Reggie Jackson - 48 in 318 PA
10. Chipper Jones - 47 in 417 PA
Johnsy3
AG
Altuve is also 10th all time in playoff at-bats, 10th in hits, 4th in runs scored, and 5th in total bases. Source
Beat40
Johnsy3 said:

W said:

somebody update the all-time postseason numbers
All-Time Playoff HR:

1. Manny Ramirez - 29 in 493 PA
2. Bernie Williams - 22 in 545 PA
2. Jose Altuve- 22 in 345 PA
4. Derek Jeter - 20 in734 PA
5. Albert Pujols - 19 in 352 PA
5. George Springer - 19 in 292 PA
7. Reggie Jackson 18 in 318 PA
7. Carlos Correa - 18 in 317 PA
7. Mickey Mantle - 18 in 273 PA
7. Nelson Cruz - 18 in 207 PA

All-Time Playoff RBI:

1. Bernie Williams - 80 in 545 PA
2. Manny Ramirez - 78 in 493 PA
3. David Justice - 63 in 471 PA
4. Derek Jeter - 61 in 734 PA
4. David Ortiz - 61 in 369 PA
6. Carlos Correa - 56 in 317 PA
7. Albert Pujols - 54 in 352 PA
8. Jose Altuve - 48 in 345 PA
8. Reggie Jackson - 48 in 318 PA
10. Chipper Jones - 47 in 417 PA
These lists are so freaking wild to me. With the exception of Nelson Cruz, it's all Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Braves, and Astros.

This truly is the golden era of Astros baseball, and right up there with the golden era for the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, and Braves.
iamtheglove
wangus12 said:

Teddy Perkins said:

Yep, Siri would make an outstanding cape man, a la James Brown
Memphis 7
Can you imagine this team with springer? Weird, it's like he's been gone a decade.

Loved how he played. Sucks he's gone.
Ags #1
AG
Siri is the astros hype man
AggiEE
Ags #1 said:

W
AG
excellent data.

another indicator of the greatness of Altuve and Correa in the playoffs...

one of their contemporaries...Mookie Betts...who has also played in a lot of playoff games:

51 games covering 234 plate appearances...only 4 HR and 17 RBI
Buck Compton
AG
Back home after the 3.5 hour drive after the game. What a great game to go to! Finally got to see a World Series win (past games were '05 g3, '17 g4, and '19 g2).

No comments other than a fun night at the park, and the roles were basically reversed from game 1 on offense and the Braves defense is terrible for a group of professional ballplayers.
Wabs
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
I've never been so confident in a series before......not arrogant because anything can happen.....but extremely confident.

We're the superior team in every way.

Washington was different because of their SP. We are better than Atlanta at basically every aspect
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

jetch17
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

To be honest, it was awesome, but it wasn't loud at all. At least up in the 400s. Louder than a regular season game but it wasn't necessarily rocking.

This. We found it odd the lack of people getting into it on 2 strikes & 2 outs etc up in the 300s. We were on the front row on the rail and got called at several times to sit down and 'down in front' … I wasn't up the whole time or anything but certainly was for big moments. Just blows my mind what some of those folks paid to be there and weren't into it. The lady next to me sat the entire game and snapped at me when I set my peanut bag on the cup holder because it blocked her sitting ass view.

I didn't get belligerent but one lady said 'when you're old and have trouble standing you'll understand' to which I offered to trade seats and I'd stand up there - she scoffed and rolled her eyes. Pissed me off.
texasaggie2015
AG
Wabs said:

Lance McCullers, Jr - 1 World Series RBI
Jose Siri - 1 World Series RBI
Aaron Judge - 0 World Series RBI
texasaggie2015
AG
Yep. I think the only times everyone in my section stood up was when Altuve hit a home run and when they got up to leave.
MAT
AG
Ags #1 said:

Astros going to win the "World Siri's"!
JCA1
AG
AggiEE said:

Ags #1 said:

I would give anything for a 30 for 30 on baseball celebrations. Behind the scenes footage of guys brainstorming new ways to celebrate, showing when and where they practice them, how long they work at them before actually breaking them out in a game, etc. It would be mesmerizing.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Can someone gif this please?
Sea Speed
AG
jetch17 said:

texasaggie2015 said:

This. We found it odd the lack of people getting into it on 2 strikes & 2 outs etc up in the 300s. We were on the front row on the rail and got called at several times to sit down and 'down in front' … I wasn't up the whole time or anything but certainly was for big moments. Just blows my mind what some of those folks paid to be there and weren't into it. The lady next to me sat the entire game and snapped at me when I set my peanut bag on the cup holder because it blocked her sitting ass view.

I didn't get belligerent but one lady said 'when you're old and have trouble standing you'll understand' to which I offered to trade seats and I'd stand up there - she scoffed and rolled her eyes. Pissed me off.

That sounds absolutely miserable
Mr.Bond
AG
travis d'arnaud has a billy butcher look to him
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Bonnettecj1
I wonder how much the crowd being "down" has to do with it being game 2.

Game 1 I could understand because before you sat down with your beer it was 2-0.

If this series comes back to Houston with the Astros looking to clinch, that place will be absolute fire.
RVAg02
AG
Yeah I laughed out loud at home when I saw that. Love this team.
Frok
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Yep. I think the only times everyone in my section stood up was when Altuve hit a home run and when they got up to leave.

Rich people
Cromagnum
AG
Lots of $30,000 millionaires on Facebook that went to both home games.

Next month:
First Page Last Page
Page 1895 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.