***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,790,528 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jah003 said:

What is Papi even talking about…?
Whoever does the closed caption when Big Papi talks deserves the Congressional Medal of Freedom
Coby
AG
Okay…so who is available out of the pen tomorrow?

Taylor, Stanek, Pressly, maybe Odorizzi or LuACE?

I imagine Raley, Maton, Javier, and Graveman are out. I'm could be missing someone.
tjack16
AG
Coby said:

Okay…so who is available out of the pen tomorrow?

Taylor, Stanek, Pressly, maybe Odorizzi or LuACE?

I imagine Raley, Maton, Javier, and Graveman are out. I'm could be missing someone.

Framber starts. Hopefully gets you at least 4 innings

I'd save Odorizzi or Luis for game 6
TRM
AG
I think Raley can go an inning.
Beat40
Looking for Framber to go 5 tomorrow.
bearkatag15
AG
Ag12thman
AG
Need good Framber tomorrow bad.
Nino Brown
Key stat of game to me moving forward. Every starter got at least one hit except Maldy.
JohnnyTexAg1995
Nino Brown said:

Key stat of game to me moving forward. Every starter got at least one hit except Maldy.

Honestly he shouldn't see the field again
bearkatag15
AG
Nino Brown said:

Won't matter, Maldy will start tomorrow
Farmer1906
AG
TRM said:

He threw 27 2 days ago and 16 tonight. It might be pushing it asking him to go again. But it's a October. Gotta do what you gotta do.
JABQ04
AG
Palpi giving us some love.
Farmer1906
AG
Click is looking like a wizard right about now with those deadline moves.

We're getting production out of the CF spot and the bullpen is straight up carrying this team.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

TRM said:

He threw 27 2 days ago and 16 tonight. It might be pushing it asking him to go again. But it's a October. Gotta do what you gotta do.
I'd rather use him in a very specific situation to end an inning vs a lefty. 1 key batter type situation.
Nino Brown
j_davis01 said:

Nino Brown said:

Honestly he shouldn't see the field again

I'm more concerned with Tuve, Brantley and Bregs getting hot and above .250 for series, but yeah I hear ya.
The Porkchop Express
Well, time to start that work assignment I opened up at 6:30 p.m. See you guys tomorrow.
Mr.Bond
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Nino Brown said:

Won't matter, Maldy will start tomorrow

Hes Frambers Catcher.....and Boston throwing a lefty.......so of course Maldy starts but no one with a brain would go with Maldy......so it'll be Maldy
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Farmer1906 said:

TRM said:

I'd rather use him in a very specific situation to end an inning vs a lefty. 1 key batter type situation.

Agree but if he doesn't get that out then he's gotta stay out there.
JohnnyTexAg1995
AROD: Big Hurt I got a question for you…

*proceeds to talk for 2 minutes without asking a question whatsoever
Farmer1906
AG
I stayed off the thread for the most part tonight but maaaayyyyyn there is nothing in sports better than October baseball.
n_touch
#fjb chants going on in Boston. Someone protect the tea
Mr.Bond
AG
I don't mind Papi.....but man the broken English is brutal.

This panel is so average when they're clearly trying to mimick TNT.....and it's not even close
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Frok
AG
Marvin said:

Ok, so WHEN the Astros pull this one out, who do you think the offensive hero will be?

I'll go with Yuli.

Nobody picked Jason Freakin Castro
linkdude
AG
Framber is shoving tomorrow. 7 innings.
agproducer
AG
Boston is likely regressing to the mean. We will knew they couldn't keep up that hot pace. They showed signs of cooling yesterday, and if not for the walks, they didn't do much tonight.

Hats off to Javier. What a gutsy, gutsy performance. The rest of the bullpen, great job as well. Let's take tomorrow, then bring it home for game 6.
Coby
AG
I don't hate Maldy starting.

Castro the Astro had a passed ball in his limited time tonight. It didn't matter, but those little things could. I like limiting his time behind the plate.

Also, Castro's numbers "late and pinch hitting" are much better than when he starts. I don't remember the exact stat criteria, but it was on a TV broadcast a while back.

Edit to add I found a blurry picture of the stat. It was "close and late." He was hitting over .300 and had an OPS of over 1.000 in those scenarios as of Sept 28. I imagine those stats have gotten better with tonight and his HR the other night.
The Beef01
AG
Let the record reflect that we'd be referred to as uneducated trash; without irony; by the group entertaining themselves by dropping f-bombs into every rhythmic chant behind the post game set.

Edit - I didn't mean the ever-popular FJB chants…I couldn't discern those amongst everything else they were choosing to pair with the word.
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I don't mind Papi.....but man the broken English is brutal.

This panel is so average when they're clearly trying to mimick TNT.....and it's not even close

Papi fills a nice role. A-Rod is hit or miss. He's much better at this than in a booth. Big Hurt kind of sucks.

I'd love an Astro version of this. Sparky, Blum, Bagwell, & Berkman all shooting the **** talking baseball.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
helloimustbegoing said:

Well, time to start that work assignment I opened up at 6:30 p.m. See you guys tomorrow.

Same
Mr.Bond
AG
The Beef01 said:

Let the record reflect that we'd be referred to as uneducated trash; without irony; by the group entertaining themselves by dropping f-bombs into every rhythmic chant behind the post game set.

The northeast has their own rules.....media thinks they're darlings

bearkatag15
AG
Jake Meyers has to start tomorrow night?
fullback44
AG
Coby said:

I don't hate Maldy starting.

Castro the Astro had a passed ball in his limited time tonight. It didn't matter, but those little things could. I like limiting his time behind the plate.

Also, Castro's numbers "late and pinch hitting" are much better than when he starts. I don't remember the exact stat criteria, but it was on a TV broadcast a while back.
i kind of agree, if we get in a tight game we cant have Castro letting balls pass, use Maldy early and if we need runs you have to bring in Castro.. there just a bunch of ways to look at this, it sucks when there is 2 on and Maldy cant move the runners
fullback44
AG
bearkatag15 said:

is he hurt ?
linkdude
AG
Edit
Farmer1906
AG
bearkatag15 said:

If he's right. If not, nothing wrong with Chas. He's been producing.
First Page Last Page
Page 1681 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.