***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,790,635 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
BadAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
F the Angels
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
wangus12 said:

Imma head out

Teddy Perkins
AG
STROS WIN. The young guns brought it today and James caps it off with a clean inning and a strikeout of Ohtani. Momentum popping off!
The Beef01
AG
Well, going for the sweep tomorrow night…can't wait to see what kind of heat check line up Dusty puts together tomorrow b/c throwing games away is no big deal.
Marvin
AG
That was an impressive win. Great com back and quite an escape in extras.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mr President Elect
AG
Was Blummer insinuating he is as pissed at Dusty as everyone else is by his closing remarks? I watch via MLBtv, so I don't get the post game.
bearkatag15
AG

we are looking at you kid
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ag12thman said:

This one is on Dusty.
You said it!

Beat40
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Beat40 said:

TK and Blummer talking about Scott Kazmir pitching for the Giants tonight and still touching 94-95. SF has the Midas touch this year.
When I was a prep sportswriter I saw Kazmir pitch a playoff game for Cy-Falls where the other team didn't actually touch a pitch with a bat until the 5th inning. 12 straight strikeouts to start the game; nobody made contact.
Professional talent is a thing to behold when there is nothing to challenge it.
RED AG 98
AG
9 runs and a W when Altuve, Bregs, Correa, and Tucker are a collective 2-19? I'll take it
agproducer
AG
Sad Angels fans. They yell "Cheater" all game, watch their team lose in 12 and see Ohtani walk 4 times then strikeout to end the game.
AggiEE
Mr President Elect said:

Was Blummer insinuating he is as pissed at Dusty as everyone else is by his closing remarks? I watch via MLBtv, so I don't get the post game.

What did he say?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Beat40 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Beat40 said:

TK and Blummer talking about Scott Kazmir pitching for the Giants tonight and still touching 94-95. SF has the Midas touch this year.
When I was a prep sportswriter I saw Kazmir pitch a playoff game for Cy-Falls where the other team didn't actually touch a pitch with a bat until the 5th inning. 12 straight strikeouts to start the game; nobody made contact.
Indeed. Got to witness the likes of Vince Young, Jamaal Charles, Rashard Lewis, Kazmir, and Josh Beckett on the prep level. Charles was even better at track than he was at football.
Mr President Elect
AG
AggiEE said:

Mr President Elect said:

What did he say?
Blum: Easily one of the more interesting games I have ever seen in my life. I am grateful the Astros ended up winning and the magic number is three... that is all I got.

probably just reading too much into "that is all I got" on my part.
redline248
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Beat40 said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Beat40 said:

Indeed. Got to witness the likes of Vince Young, Jamaal Charles, Rashard Lewis, Kazmir, and Josh Beckett on the prep level. Charles was even better at track than he was at football.
yeah, but

BadAggie
AG
agproducer said:

Sad Angels fans. They yell "Cheater" all game, watch their team lose in 12 and see Ohtani walk 4 times then strikeout to end the game.

One of their players overdosed on drugs being dealt in the clubhouse by team employees. Angels are a horrid organization
Teddy Perkins
AG

AggiEE
Hopefully Tucker can start playing RF again soon so Yordan can DH

Sure would be nice to have Brantley back for when Yordan is out
maca1028
It was 3-0 when I went to bed. Missed a wild one.
tjack16
AG
Went to bed at 5-3

Love waking up to these wins
All I do is Nguyen
So the general consensus among Angels fans is that Baker is a genius for IBB Ohtani so many times tonight and pitching to him in the right situation.
No matter what
Mathguy64
AG
I was watching in bed at 3-0, fell asleep, woke up to 5-3 and went back to sleep.
tjack16
AG
Last night was a spit in the face to MLBs extra inning rule

Astros would have won 8-5 still in 12 without it
Big Al 1992
AG
Also gave up when Maton blew up. Getting caught up on this thread. Mad I missed the come back but glad I missed Dusty almost blow it. Now just glad there was a second comeback and sounds like Cy Raley did his job.
Ag_07
AG
Dusty...is there anyone on your team who isn't sore this deep into the season?
Mathguy64
AG
The A's are now in 3rd place. Magic number to 3 for the M's and 2 for the A's so the Rat Face Steroiders are officially playing elimination games from here out. They could be toast before we get to them tomorrow. That would be unfortunate as celebrating on their field with their idiotic fans and more idiotic manager would be erotic. The only thing making it more erotic would be to party in front of Rat Face or Mr Nadrolone. Unfortunately one is it WitSec and the other is getting a brain transplant.

5.5 game lead over CWS so that number is 6.

2.5 games back of Tampa but 2 in the loss column.

Chicago is 8-10 in Sept and 14-15 since mid August. With Rodon injured is feels more and more like that's the better matchup. Let the AL East bludgeon themselves to death.
Cromagnum
AG
Couldn't decide if this was AOFA or TOFA, so here's a 6 face on a 10 body.

wangus12
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

wangus12 said:

Imma head out

I'm here to eat crow. Dusty ruined my night and I went to bed knowing they lost with the bases loaded........or I was the problem and took all the bad juju with me.

EastCoastAgNc
AG
Mr President Elect said:

AggiEE said:

Mr President Elect said:

What did he say?
Blum: Easily one of the more interesting games I have ever seen in my life. I am grateful the Astros ended up winning and the magic number is three... that is all I got.

probably just reading too much into "that is all I got" on my part.
I imagine it probably had more to do with the fact that it was nearly 1am in houston by the time the game was over and he was just ready to go home. Lets be honest, for that game to get to the 12th, there were some real eggs laid in the 10th and 11th by the offense.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Never been more disappointed, Stayed up till like 12:45 or some such, dozed off in the commercial break before the top of the 12th. Only woke up when the night stand light woke me up hours later. Enough so the TV had auto shut off.

But glad to wake up to the W
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/will-astros-re-sign-dusty-baker/amp/

Dusty Baker Gave the Astros Some Dignity. Now Can They Re-sign Him?

W
AG
oh my, what a win last night.

a nice morning surprise.

30 games over
W
AG
and since it's another getaway Thursday...

looking forward to the Astros' afternoon game...no

looking forward to the game starting 2 hours earlier...no

looking forward to the game starting 1 hour earlier...no

no mercy from the schedule-maker once again
strider98
W said:

and since it's another getaway Thursday...

looking forward to the Astros' afternoon game...no

looking forward to the game starting 2 hours earlier...no

looking forward to the game starting 1 hour earlier...no

no mercy from the schedule-maker once again
Don't they go to Oakland next? not a huge difference.
Ag_07
AG
Texas Monthly is garbage that I wouldn't even wipe my ass with.

Also noticed it's in the Arts/Entertainment section.

All I need to see without clicking the link.
First Page Last Page
Page 1292 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.