***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,833,922 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Almost misplayed that.
W
AG
oh my, was that Straw with the big hit
redline248
AG
missed that strike
Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

and by the way...it is ok to enjoy a catcher like Maldonado work it behind the plate, and also hate that, in large part, he brings nothing as a batter.
Sure, I'd like for Machete to hit like Mike Piazza, but that type of catcher doesn't really exist anymore.

Back to the original point, which is that in this lineup we don't need Straw to be Mike Trout. Having a poor hitting catcher doesn't change that, because so do 25+ other teams in baseball. On the other hand we have top shelf hitters at the other 7 spots. Most other teams fans are b1tch1ng because they wish their middle infielders hit like Carlos & Altuve...and their catcher also can't hit.
Texaggie7nine
7nine
redline248
AG
I don't care about 25+ other teams. I care if we have 2 spots in our lineup that don't produce. I was agreeing with you that it will be great for Straw to hit a little. I only believe it's even more important for him to do so b/c, so far, the guys behind him aren't.
W
AG
Altuve out of the park

1 for 11 now
bearkatag15
AG
That was LAUNCHED!!!
redline248
AG
what was that about Jose and a mini slump?
tjack16
AG
Slump busted
spadilly
S

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

I don't care about 25+ other teams. I care if we have 2 spots in our lineup that don't produce. I was agreeing with you that it will be great for Straw to hit a little. I only believe it's even more important for him to do so b/c, so far, the guys behind him aren't.
Well the other teams are the ones we are trying to beat, and so that's who we need to be better than. Nobody's catcher can hit. Nobody's 8 and 9 spots are going to produce a ton.

But hey man if you can fire up the DeLorean and kidnap Johnny Bench back to hit 9th for us that'd be awesome.
redline248
AG
you are just a real beating, sometimes. have to argue with everyone
bearkatag15
AG

Altuve's HR was hit harder and longer than Yordan's
Harry Dunne
I said something positive about Straw. You came in with a snide contrarian reply and moaning about our catchers. If you don't want an argument, don't make dicky remarks.

cap-n-jack
So the train is not running?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Altuve's HR was hit harder and longer than Yordan's

In his his defense yordan just flicked it out
agproducer
AG
How do you misspell Enos Cabell on a graphic for an Astros broadcast?
Texaggie7nine
First wave in 2 years
7nine
redline248
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I said something positive about Straw. You came in with a snide contrarian reply and moaning about our catchers. If you don't want an argument, don't make dicky remarks.

3 edits so you could add "snide and contrarian," and "dicky remarks." If that's what you think my post was, you're dumber than I thought
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Just noticed Tucker was 1 for 3 tonight. You know who else used to go 1-for-3 a lot? Ted "Thedore" Williams.
bearkatag15
AG

Here is Altuve's HR from the A's broadcast. Their broadcasters are noticeably quiet lol
CFTXAG10
AG
I've never been this happy to order a $13 beer
Harry Dunne
redline248 said:

Harry Dunne said:

3 edits so you could add "snide and contrarian," and "dicky remarks." If that's what you think my post was, you're dumber than I thought
I put a lot of effort into that post. Especially the word dicky. I'm disappointed that you don't approve.

I guess I empathize with Straw and Maldonado because I feel I'm more of a bottom of the lineup poster but, but thankfully the rest of this lineup picks up scrubs like us that derail a great thread with stupid arguments.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I've never been this happy to order a $13 beer
Are you at Disney World?
bearkatag15
AG
I love Enoli but if he continues to not find the zone he might be one of the ones getting sent down when all our other pitchers come back

Well he looks like he is hurt so that explains it
cap-n-jack
He looks lost. Maybe hurt now.
Deluxe
AG
Enoli's nasty electric stuff combined with extended stretches where he lacks control is starting to remind me of another Astros pitcher who's currently on the DL (and his initials are JJ).
Kashchei
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I love Enoli but if he continues to not find the zone he might be one of the ones getting sent down when all our other pitchers come back

Short lived cannolis
AggiEE
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Just noticed Tucker was 1 for 3 tonight. You know who else used to go 1-for-3 a lot? Ted "Thedore" Williams.

If only we had Reddick instead. Tucker looks like a Pixar mom while Reddick is a rockstar version of Joe Dirt and had an incredible hair flip when striking out after missing a fast ball by two seconds
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Ditto. You don't have to throw strikes, but you gotta make them swing at what looks like strikes. These pitches aren't even close.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
Hope the kid is OK.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Quote:

had an incredible hair flip when striking out after missing a fast ball by two seconds
Hilariously accurate
Ag_07
AG
So after watching these guys play and hearing some of the commentary from Blummer and TK I'm convinced these guys were just absolutely miserable last year.

From the scandal, to adjusting to the new staff, to no fans, to crazy travel restrictions, and everything in between.

They're back now
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.