***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,832,630 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4 hour games suck when they are on the west coast and result in a loss.
AstroAggie15
AG
Tough one to lose. Not sure I go with the rookie on that pinch hit scenario.

We take the next two. They got lucky tonight
mazag08
AG
Gap said:

Great start in Oakland, but tonight was still a bad loss blowing a 4 run lead.

Offense got complacent. Bregman striking out looking with 1 out and the bases loaded. Correa doing a bunch of nothing with runners on base. Hopefully it's a wake up call.
Ag_07
AG
Rocky start for the Angels but they seemed to settle in as Quintana did.

It hurt us big time leaving the bases loaded with Bregs and Yordan up.

Oh well...We weren't gonna win all 162 anyways. Come back and get em tomorrow.

And LOL at Angel fans acting like they just won GM 7 of the WS after #5 of 162.
Beat40
The biggest thing that hurt tonight was not getting those hits with RISP.

Need a couple more of those tomorrow.
DVC2010
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Tough one to lose. Not sure I go with the rookie on that pinch hit scenario.

We take the next two. They got lucky tonight

I hope so, but you know there's only one more game on this road trip, right?
AstroAggie15
AG
F me. These late games mess me up
wangus12
AG
Am I really going to have to wake up to ESPN sending a special notification everytime fans boo the Astros?
bigjag19
AG
wangus12 said:

Am I really going to have to wake up to ESPN sending a special notification everytime fans boo the Astros?

Yes. They relish in it. Probably only being sent to people who list Astros.
Frok
AG
Glad I didn't stay up to watch that
tjack16
AG
It's going to happen all year. Anytime the Astros win it will be a non-story, every time we lose the national media and opposing fans will go crazy and taunt us

Honestly it's better to just ignore it, or laugh at it. Last year I always got really annoyed and started to take it personally. But now I just think it's amusing
Deluxe
AG
It's just pathetic dodger fans. Angels fans don't care at all.
07ag
AG
tjack16 said:

It's going to happen all year. Anytime the Astros win it will be a non-story, every time we lose the national media and opposing fans will go crazy and taunt us

Honestly it's better to just ignore it, or laugh at it. Last year I always got really annoyed and started to take it personally. But now I just think it's amusing
agreed

also, turn off espn notifications, stop going their website, stop reading their op-eds. much more enjoyable this way.

https://ts.la/eric59704
AstroAggie15
AG
I know a lot of it is probably bias but Blummer and Co. have ruined other baseball broadcasts for me. I think they are the most underrated team in sports

Really exposed ESPN for the garbage job they do with baseball
All I do is Nguyen
07ag said:

tjack16 said:

agreed

also, turn off espn notifications, stop going their website, stop reading their op-eds. much more enjoyable this way.

Honestly I come to TexAgs almost exclusively for my Astros and Aggie news.
tjack16
AG
I still love going on ESPN. I just ignore the anti Astros rhetoric and stories. I use YouTube for watching highlights since they actually have the MLB.com 6-8 minute highlights.

I also Muted the words "buzzer" and "trash cans" on Twitter
Farmer1906
AG
I crashed last night before the bottom of the 8th, but why didn't we bring in Pressly once things got bad for Smith? He's got a better shot at getting the strikeout and a lower shot of walking (not that Taylor walked anyone unintentiaonally). There is no point saving him for the 9th when you didn't even get there.
Farmer1906
AG
Also, WTF is Ohtani staring down Smith for? On what world would he want to hit him on purpose with an offspeed to load the bases in a close game?
6-4-3
AG
Broken record I know, but Rob Manfred and MLB really screwed the Astros. Yes, everyone understands that they broke the rules and deserve punishment. But it is clear that MLB (along with dip **** Fiers) made the Astros the public face of cheating during this era. And it is so imbalanced. The anger. The target. This stuff is like 3-4 years old. And the media is soaking it up.
astros4545
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Also, WTF is Ohtani staring down Smith for? On what world would he want to hit him on purpose with an offspeed to load the bases in a close game?

This was the biggest WTF from the whole game
Farmer1906
AG
Highway_6 said:

Broken record I know, but Rob Manfred and MLB really screwed the Astros. Yes, everyone understands that they broke the rules and deserve punishment. But it is clear that MLB (along with dip **** Fiers) made the Astros the public face of cheating during this era. And it is so imbalanced. The anger. The target. This stuff is like 3-4 years old. And the media is soaking it up.

100% accurate.

MLB and Manford are hypocrites.

Look at the All Star game. They pulled it from Georgia. Agree or disagree with the move, fine. But they're moving it to Colorado. Colorado has very similar, more strict in some ways, voting laws as Georgia. Complete nonsense.
bearkatag15
AG
HP Umpire data from last night. Like we all thought, comically inconsistent, but it also went both ways

Farmer1906
AG
85% is really low. I'm not sure I've seen one lower before.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Scrolling through each of the scorecards from Umpire Scorecards, he has the 2nd lowest consistency percentage as well this year at 87%. He is just a bad HP umpire. Most of the other consistency percentages are in the mid to upper 90s
Big Al 1992
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Wait till tonight if Angel is behind the plate.
agproducer
AG
At least today's game is at 3, so they don't have to wait too long to get back on the field.
tjack16
AG
What's considered a "good" umpire percentage?
Farmer1906
AG
The avg for Accuracy and Consistency is 94% and 96%. Above that should be the goal.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

It mostly depends. My guess is the average pitches per game across the MLB is around 300, so a percentage of 95% means you missed 15 calls. For me, I think 15 is too many. I would want my umpires to miss no more than 10 out of 300, or around 96.67%.

Mr.Ackar07
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

It mostly depends. My guess is the average pitches per game across the MLB is around 300, so a percentage of 95% means you missed 15 calls. For me, I think 15 is too many. I would want my umpires to miss no more than 10 out of 300, or around 96.67%.

It's not a miss on 300 pitches, it is a miss on pitches not swung at/pitches taken. So the outcome would be lower than 15. In yesterday's game, 201 pitches relied on the umpire to make the determination. A 95% success rate would be 10 pitches incorrectly called.
Mathguy64
AG
Good thing I had to get up early for work and bailed in the 5th. Woof.
Beat40
Mr.Ackar07 said:

Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

It's not a miss on 300 pitches, it is a miss on pitches not swung at/pitches taken. So the outcome would be lower than 15. In yesterday's game, 201 pitches relied on the umpire to make the determination. A 95% success rate would be 10 pitches incorrectly called.

Thanks for correcting me on the number of pitches. I
Honestly forgot to take into account swings on pitches!

So my ideal was no more than 10 calls missed on 300 pitches, or about 96.67%. For me, that is still an ideal percentage, so of 201 pitches, that's between 6 and 7 missed calls. That works for me.
Farmer1906
AG
Know who would miss fewer pitches. Robots.
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I didn't see it live but just watched it on Apollo's Twitter. I love how Machete wasn't having any of it and started walking in Ohtani's direction
Philip J Fry
AG
I 100% blame Tampa Bay and their abuse the BP for last nights loss. Perfect example of when you should yank a struggling reliever last night.
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.