***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,829,034 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone see what's going on in the Skeeters game? They are up 24-12 in the 9th. Wow!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
agproducer said:

Anyone see what's going on in the Skeeters game? They are up 24-12 in the 9th. Wow!

tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

agproducer said:

Looks like Mond and the offense did just enough. Thankfully we have Elko and held them to just 15
3B Paul 97
AG
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

agproducer said:

Thankfully we have Elko and held them to just 15

Only 1 error. Lots of ERA impact in that one.
W
AG
the Orioles (23-48) are starting some guy named Keegan Akin tonight.

the A's will draw Kyle Gibson in Arlington.

the Orioles' one good starting pitcher (J.Means) is out thru the all-star break.

the Baltimore rebuild/tank is taking a while. The O's lost 115 games in 2018...and are still very bad
07ag
AG
W said:

the Orioles' one good starting pitcher (J.Means) is out thru the all-star break.

the Baltimore rebuild/tank is taking a while. The O's lost 115 games in 2018...and are still very bad
so,, stars are aligned, red hot astros offense playing a bad orioles team starting a pitcher with an almost 6 era. i sense a 2-1 o's win tonight. or is that my bas acting up?
https://ts.la/eric59704
bigjag19
AG
07ag said:

W said:

so,, stars are aligned, red hot astros offense playing a bad orioles team starting a pitcher with an almost 6 era. i sense a 2-1 o's win tonight. or is that my bas acting up?

Feels about right.
Bregxit
AG
Need some opinions.

My son has always wanted to sit in the Crawford Boxes (me too) so we're gojng to do that this summer. Strategically what section/row do y'all think is best to get a home run ball? I'm thinking 102 rows 4-6 but am not sure. What's you guy's thoughts?
JABQ04
AG
07ag said:

W said:

I came to post this same sentiment.
tjack16
AG
Bregxit said:

Need some opinions.

My son has always wanted to sit in the Crawford Boxes (me too) so we're gojng to do that this summer. Strategically what section/row do y'all think is best to get a home run ball? I'm thinking 102 rows 4-6 but am not sure. What's you guy's thoughts?

That should be about right. Anywhere from 101-103 in the middle would be most likely. Or first 2 rows
Beat40
JABQ04 said:

07ag said:

W said:

I came to post this same sentiment.
Eh. It's baseball. Anything can happen any given game. Bad teams take series good teams from time to time. Even in our 100 loss years we took some series from 96+ win teams.

I feel you guys though, because it does seem like that could happen as a let down after the White Sox series.

I'm not too worried about this Astros team -- they seem locked in and are having fun together.
bearkatag15
AG
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Well, that's one way to generate clicks and twitter comments.
Ag_07
AG
Again...Where's the idiot wanting to bet everyone on this thread this team wouldn't finish above .500?
aggie0109
AG
Right here and I was dead wrong and fine with that.
W
AG
one more comment on the White Sox...

what a schedule...between today and the all-star break, Chicago will play 15 games vs. the Pirates, Twins, Tigers, and Orioles. Only 3 games vs. a decent team (Mariners)
W
AG
also from this weekend...the Astros now own the tiebreakers over both the White Sox and Red Sox --- that could be important down the stretch
tjack16
AG
W said:

also from this weekend...the Astros now own the tiebreakers over both the White Sox and Red Sox --- that could be important down the stretch

We could own it over the Rays too if we take 2/3 from them at home later this year
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W said:

one more comment on the White Sox...

what a schedule...between today and the all-star break, Chicago will play 15 games vs. the Pirates, Twins, Tigers, and Orioles. Only 3 games vs. a decent team (Mariners)
Reminds me of the Astro's schedule in 2017. The AL west was absolute garbage that year. The Astros won the division by 21 games. 21!
Ag_07
AG
aggie0109 said:

Right here and I was dead wrong and fine with that.

Only because you're not gonna pay any of us who took you up on that.
bullard21k
AG
Does anyone mind breaking down our projected starters the next 7 days?

I know we are in this 6 man rotation thing but trying to determine if Jake is getting one start this week or 2
bearkatag15
AG

well well well...

bearkatag15
AG

tjack16
AG
My preseason prediction was us losing the WS to the Dodgers.

But honestly the Dodgers haven't looked like the world beaters they were last year. The NL is wide open especially given the Giants and Padres could still contend

The Padres have struggled the last few weeks but could easily still catch fire again. I think the NL champions will come from the West
aggie0109
AG
I had a deal with Farmer for 100 bucks to charity and when the season is over will gladly donate to the charity of his choice.
Farmer1906
AG
Did we really? I'm not saying we didn't but I didn't even remember. What were the terms?
aggie0109
AG
You said 1000, I agreed to 100 to charity of choice. I thought it was you, I can go back and look.
Farmer1906
AG
Maybe. I seriously don't remember. We can go back and check sometime.
htxag09
AG
aggie0109 said:

I'll do 100 to a charity and I hope I have to pay
This is the post. But when you originally posted:
Quote:

I'll gladly put my money where my mouth is and make a bet this team finishes below .500. They have no pitching even if the offense wakes up.
Dang near everyone replied and you selectively only answered Farmer, who was quoting someone else who said they'd wager $1,000
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

aggie0109 said:

I'll gladly put my money where my mouth is and make a bet this team finishes below .500. They have no pitching even if the offense wakes up.

I'm in for $1,000. Bet?

In as well. We can do it for charity.

Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

aggie0109 said:

I'm in for $1,000. Bet?

In as well. We can do it for charity.

Well there you go.

This looks like a great cause.

https://www.correafamilyfoundation.org/

We'll wait til the seasons over, but I am liking my odds.

Good on you for not disappearing.
wangus12
AG
tjack16 said:

But honestly the Dodgers haven't looked like the world beaters they were last year. The NL is wide open especially given the Giants and Padres could still contend

The Padres have struggled the last few weeks but could easily still catch fire again. I think the NL champions will come from the West

Dodgers pitching gonna be missing the old sticky icky.
bearkatag15
AG

This is a guy to keep an eye on going forward. Potentially a big time lefty down the road.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

No Tucker
Chrundle the Great
AG
tjack16 said:

The NL wildcard race is shaping up to be a fun one, it's not out of the realm of possibilities that the dodgers don't even make the playoffs if they fall behind the Padres and Giants. NL central 2nd place will be right there with the NL west 2nd/3rd place if the current pace stands.
First Page Last Page
Page 615 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.