***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,833,598 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

regarding Correa...his OPS has reached .900

the Astros originally offered 6 years. I think they would go to 7 years. Maybe 8.

but if he wants 10 years...how many teams could offer him that kind of contract & money?

most of the usual big spenders are set at shortstop or already have three $30 MM per year players.

one exception is the Cubs. They might be ready to move on from Baez and maybe Bryant too
My issue with him is like the one poster said above, he will play through the pain this year, but after this he will be like Springer and be hurt a lot. He does come through in big moments though, and I love that but I want him to play not be hurt.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
CoachRTM
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Crawford box today. 1st game back since the 2019 ALCS

Hey, that's where I was sitting!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
AustinAg2K
W said:

the Astros originally offered 6 years. I think they would go to 7 years. Maybe 8.

but if he wants 10 years...how many teams could offer him that kind of contract & money?

most of the usual big spenders are set at shortstop or already have three $30 MM per year players.

one exception is the Cubs. They might be ready to move on from Baez and maybe Bryant too

He'll probably sign with the Dodgers or Yankees. It's pretty much guaranteed he'll sign with the team that complains about him stealing signs that most. Then their fans will love him and claim he wasn't a part of that.
Ag4life80
AG
Crane needs to sign Correa. They played a game of chicken and Correa has stepped and answered. Now it's time for Crane to tip his cap and get it done.
Correa wants to be an Astro and wants to be a leader. He is a big game player. Hell, this whole nucleus are big game hunters.
My entire life I've been tormented by A&M and Houston teams that couldn't get it done on the biggest stages.
Not so with the Crane era Astros. These guys do not get the pub they deserve on how well they perform under the bright lights of big games/series. Correa's post-season stats are historic, as is Springer's. Speaking of that, I'd be curious to see how Chaz stacks up to George in their first hundred at bats. I think he can fit right in as a dynamic CF, offensively and defensively.
W
AG
yes, the situations with Springer and Lindor...and to a lesser extent Machado...

should make the Astros and other teams cautious
W
AG
it would be bold for the Yankees to let Judge go and sign Correa instead.

that would be the smarter thing to do
astros4545
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Crane needs to sign Correa. They played a game of chicken and Correa has stepped and answered. Now it's time for Crane to tip his cap and get it done.
Correa wants to be an Astro and wants to be a leader. He is a big game player. Hell, this whole nucleus are big game hunters.
My entire life I've been tormented by A&M and Houston teams that couldn't get it done on the biggest stages.
Not so with the Crane era Astros. These guys do not get the pub they deserve on how well they perform under the bright lights of big games/series. Correa's post-season stats are historic, as is Springer's. Speaking of that, I'd be curious to see how Chaz stacks up to George in their first hundred at bats. I think he can fit right in as a dynamic CF, offensively and defensively.
75 games my man

I agree the Astros offer should be raised from the pre-season, but from 5-125 to maybe 5-150 to this point
Ag_07
AG
He'll be Yankee

They'll move Gleyber back to 2B and ditch Rat Face.
Charlie Conway
Mathguy64 said:

Deluxe said:

They've seen the memo. We shoved the memo down their butts in the playoffs last year.

Technically up their butts but I like where you are going with this.

Depends on how theyre positioned i suppose
htxag09
AG
dshedd41 said:

I noticed that live and thought wtf. The next pitch he swung and dirt came off his pants again
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
2023 rookie of the year Korey Lee
Ag_07
AG
tjack16 said:

2023 rookie of the year Korey Lee

I just need him to be better than Stubbs.
W
AG
one thing working against the signing of Correa...his potential replacement is already on the roster: Bregman.

the Astros have the flexibility to go into free agency looking for a SS or 3B --- not restricted to just a shortstop

EastCoastAgNc
AG

Ok, I know it's wrong, but I legit lol'd at this one
bearkatag15
AG
CoachRTM said:

bearkatag15 said:

Crawford box today. 1st game back since the 2019 ALCS

Hey, that's where I was sitting!
good times had.. looking forward to more
redline248
AG
W said:

one thing working against the signing of Correa...his potential replacement is already on the roster: Bregman.

the Astros have the flexibility to go into free agency looking for a SS or 3B --- not restricted to just a shortstop

Maybe at the plate, but I'm calling it a push today. Bregman definitely isn't on Correa's level, defensively.
W
AG
yes, the Astros won't be able to find a replacement SS with Correa's defensive abilities
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Well.... Bye
redline248
AG
On the one hand, pretty bad. On the other hand, he hasn't thrown in like a year, right? At least to live batters? Same deal with that Pruitt line from earlier. Can't put much stock into first time back in such a long time, imo.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
That wasn't his or Pruitt's first appearance. Martes has been consistently bad and Austin's was actually better his first time out.
redline248
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

That wasn't his or Pruitt's first appearance. Martes has been consistently bad and Austin's was actually better his first time out.
Ah. Well nevermind me, then.
Deluxe
AG
Lance Lynn about to get chastised and threatened by the baseball establishment for making an unfounded accusation on the mound last night

https://instagr.am/p/CQU2H43pkeQ
Farmer1906
AG
Looks like I missed a dandy last night. Ya boy was on the road for some vacay. I'm going to have to figure out how to watch from FL this week.

Standings Update:

The damn A's now have the best record in the American League. We're tied in the loss column though. Tampa Bay & Chicago are both slumping with 5 and 3 game losing streaks. Boston moved ahead of TB for the NL West. And we're sitting just ahead of TB for the WC by a few percentage points. We're both 3 games ahead of Cleveland and 5 ahead of New York. As close fo things are it'll keep flip flopping.

AL Run Differential
1. Astros - 106
2. White Sox - 94
3. Rays - 77
4. Blue Jays - 40
5. Red Sox - 38
6. A's - 30
7. Indians - 2
8. Yankees - (-1)
15. O's - (-79)

-

I know there are a bunch of father's on this thread so Happy Father's Day and be sure you call or spend today with your old man. I ended up getting my dad a cameo (he has no idea what that is) from Blummer.

W
AG
the Astros have gained 5 games on the Rays in 5 days. That's pretty good.

also have to say...the Mariners (37-36) and Angels (36-35) are keeping it respectable so far this year.

perhaps a good thing the 'stros won't see either again until mid-August

EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
Lynn's ERA went from 1.51 to 2.02 last night
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
1) Altuve (2B)
2) McCormick (RF)
3) Brantley (LF)
4) Correa (SS)
5) Yordan (DH)
6) Toro (3B)
7) Jones (1B)
8) Maldy (C)
9) Straw (CF)
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
W said:

Move on from Baez!!! My 7yr old would have a conniption fit if he heard that lol! Apparently there are lots of Baez highlights on YouTube so that's one of his new favorites
EastCoastAgNc
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 609 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.