***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,833,698 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
McInnis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

White Sox announcers are really implying we were cheating because their pitcher kept hanging sliders over the plate we we kept hitting them.
If they want to bring up history maybe they should wonder if their team threw the game.
CFTXAG10
AG
Big Al 1992
AG
This is for any fourth rate play by play announcers that say asinine things like "makes you wonder"
Boom!
halfastros81
AG
Stretch coming where we get the Tigers and Orioles twice while Oakland has it quite a bit tougher. I think things are about to get very interesting.

Having said that the Astro's need to play their A game against sub .500 clubs to set things right. Hope Tucker is back pronto.
I feel like Bregs is going to be gone for awhile. Rush him and they are asking for a season long issue.
bluefire579
AG
linkdude said:

Not Astros related, but this is horrible news. College player passes away after Tommy John surgery...

Saw that, just awful. Even as routine as something like TJ is, it still has its risks
BTKAG97
AG
halfastros81 said:

Stretch coming where we get the Tigers and Orioles twice while Oakland has it quite a bit tougher. I think things are about to get very interesting.

Having said that the Astro's need to play their A game against sub .500 clubs to set things right. Hope Tucker is back pronto.
I feel like Bregs is going to be gone for awhile. Rush him and they are asking for a season long issue.
10 games vs Detroit and Baltimore. Would 7-3 be a disappointment?
cwpaggie07
AG
BTKAG97 said:

halfastros81 said:

I feel like 7-3 should be the min expectation
tjack16
AG
cwpaggie07 said:

BTKAG97 said:

halfastros81 said:

I feel like 7-3 should be the min expectation

Yep. 7-3 should be the min.

My prediction is at the end of the Cleveland series on July 5th we are 51-34 which would be us going 10-6 over the next 16 games
bearkatag15
AG
halfastros81 said:

They get the Rangers for 10 games during our easy stretch.

Our schedules during this stretch are pretty similar.

Mathguy64
AG
We play OAK 6 of the last 9 games of the season including the last 3 at MMP. This thing won't be decided until the end.
TarponChaser
bluefire579 said:

linkdude said:

Not Astros related, but this is horrible news. College player passes away after Tommy John surgery...

Saw that, just awful. Even as routine as something like TJ is, it still has its risks

That's awful. Any kind of major surgery where you're put under has that risk though.

Remember the Aggie DL about 20 years ago, Brandon Fails (IIRC his name correctly) died of a similar event. He had knee surgery and developed a clot that his body threw in his sleep. As I recall the clot broke loose and went to his brain causing an embolism and he died in his sleep.

I was a acquainted with a guy about 6 years ago who died of the same thing. He was mid-30's and a super fit trainer who was a CrossFit coach. Had to get his knee scoped, developed a clot post-surgery and the clot broke loose and went to his brain killing him.
Ag_07
AG
Yep

The As are good. They're not a fluke. I know their RD is out of whack but it's not luck.

It'll come down to the wire.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

halfastros81 said:

They get the Rangers for 10 games during our easy stretch.

Our schedules during this stretch are pretty similar.

If we can go 14-8 over that 22 game stretch leading into the all star game I will consider that a success. Especially with Bregman out potentially that entire stretch. And hopefully the A's lose their series to SF and BOS.

That would put us at 55-36 at the all star break and at a .604 winning percentage.
AgDoc03
AG
TarponChaser said:

bluefire579 said:

linkdude said:

That's awful. Any kind of major surgery where you're put under has that risk though.

Remember the Aggie DL about 20 years ago, Brandon Fails (IIRC his name correctly) died of a similar event. He had knee surgery and developed a clot that his body threw in his sleep. As I recall the clot broke loose and went to his brain causing an embolism and he died in his sleep.

I was a acquainted with a guy about 6 years ago who died of the same thing. He was mid-30's and a super fit trainer who was a CrossFit coach. Had to get his knee scoped, developed a clot post-surgery and the clot broke loose and went to his brain killing him.

Yep it's usually a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) that forms and it goes to the lungs (pulmonary embolism or PE) and can cause immediate respiratory arrest and death.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
linkdude
AG
Our last nine games of the season are @ OAK, vs TBR, vs OAK. That stretch will determine division winner and possibly home field advantage. Basically an extra playoff round right before the real thing starts.
bearkatag15
AG
linkdude said:

Our last nine games of the season are @ OAK, vs TBR, vs OAK. That stretch will determine division winner and possibly home field advantage. Basically an extra playoff round right before the real thing starts.

And instead of TBR, they get SEA.
tjack16
AG
It is very odd how the A's schedule sets up. They don't have stretches where they play multiple playoff caliber teams in a row. They have one tough series and it's usually sandwiched around bad teams.

We play all the same teams but it's just structured so different. They don't have a stretch that is near as difficult as our LA, SD and BOS was. We just need to keep owning the head to head series against the A's and it'll work itself out
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Blood clots are horrible silent killers. Derrick Thomas also died of one after surgery. I have a genetic condition called factor five Leiden syndrome that makes you more inclined to blood clots than normal. Nearly killed me when I was 24 and had a deep vein thrombosis in my right leg and a pulmonary embolism in each of my lungs. Have had 2 more clots since then and been on blood thinners permanently since 2013.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I know these guys think they're being clever but they can EAD
TarponChaser
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Blood clots are horrible silent killers. Derrick Thomas also died of one after surgery. I have a genetic condition called factor five Leiden syndrome that makes you more inclined to blood clots than normal. Nearly killed me when I was 24 and had a deep vein thrombosis in my right leg and a pulmonary embolism in each of my lungs. Have had 2 more clots since then and been on blood thinners permanently since 2013.

I didn't know that was what got Thomas. I assume it was a complication of him being paralyzed after that car accident.

I had a DVT in my left leg several years ago. No genetic factors or anything and by coincidence my primary care doc is like "the guy" on DVT, especially in post-surgery athletes. He's the main team doc for the Texans. Anyway, he pretty much blamed a combination of dehydration from boozing hard while on a trip to Key West and several hours of virtual immobility at the same time. Anyway, once it cleared up I don't have to be on blood thinners all the time but he has me take baby aspirin a preventative measure and if I have to have another knee surgery, which is a certainty since I'll need both knees replaced eventually, I'll be on blood thinners post-op for a while.
tjack16
AG
Michael Schwab really comes off as a crybaby. I swear he has notifications on if anybody mentions trash cans or cheating.

He would be a lot happier if he just focused on the fun of the 2021 season rather than trying to call out every media person who ever says we cheated
EastCoastAgNc
AG

astros4545
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

From the way it sounds...Sounds like the pitcher needs to learn a new pitch
redline248
AG
Maybe, but these people that keep running with it look like idiots. I don't have much issue with calling out idiots
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
"Makes you wonder" makes little sense given the preceding context.
Ag_07
AG
Because pumping fastballs usually works so well against this lineup.
tjack16
AG
redline248 said:

Maybe, but these people that keep running with it look like idiots. I don't have much issue with calling out idiots

I'm okay with it too but it's become his life mission. If you look at his Twitter feed he tweets non stop and that's pretty much all it is. Just seems like a lot of effort and living in the past. Our 2021 team has the potential to be special too. It's more fun to focus on the present IMO
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Trade bait
AustinAg2K
Honestly, at this point I feel like if you have your signs stolen, it's your own fault. There's more than enough evidence that pretty much every team in baseball has/had some scheme going. If you're not changing your signs every inning, that's on you. I'd probably be looking for some way to change them every batter.
bearkatag15
AG
The Yankees are so bad right now. They are providing zero help to the cause this weekend.
bigjag19
AG
bearkatag15 said:

The Yankees are so bad right now. They are providing zero help to the cause this weekend.

It's out of spite.
redline248
AG
tjack16 said:

redline248 said:

I'm okay with it too but it's become his life mission. If you look at his Twitter feed he tweets non stop and that's pretty much all it is. Just seems like a lot of effort and living in the past. Our 2021 team has the potential to be special too. It's more fun to focus on the present IMO
I understand your perspective, but if he wants to spend his waking hours combating the ChEaTeRs idiots it doesn't bother me.
bearkatag15
AG

Tucker must have had a pretty bad case of the runs
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Don't let him anywhere near the big league club...he's a disaster.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 602 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.