***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,828,943 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htxag09 said:

redline248 said:

1. Someone said the team didn't look interested.

FWIW, someone is likely to post this during every single game if we're losing at the time.
Well, that's probably also true.
Deluxe
AG
redline248 said:

2. Deluxe's post about EF and xEF for the pool was one of the funniest things I've read this week.
Farmer1906
AG

Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne
htxag09 said:

redline248 said:

FWIW, someone is likely to post this during every single game if we're losing at the time.
Not interested/lack of effort is a Texags staple across all sports when things aren't going well. God forbid you reply with a positive comment about the other team's performance. Aggies never get outplayed, they only lose due to lack of effort.

We could probably get a pretty good list going of stupid recurring themes. Pressly's dominance this season has saved us from my favorite: The usual barrage of "we need a shutdown closer" comments.
dshedd41
S

Gig’em Aggies!
EastCoastAgNc
AG
dshedd41 said:

Andy Martino...ignore it.
Marvin
AG
Harry Dunne said:

htxag09 said:

redline248 said:

Not interested/lack of effort is a Texags staple across all sports when things aren't going well. God forbid you reply with a positive comment about the other team's performance. Aggies never get outplayed, they only lose due to lack of effort.

We could probably get a pretty good list going of stupid recurring themes. Pressly's dominance this season has saved us from my favorite: The usual barrage of "we need a shutdown closer" comments.

First truth- cliff jumpers
Second truth- cliff jumper critics

Lump them all together, as both are equally annoying.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
BCEDAg
AG
If you notice almost every MLB team looks disinterested when they're losing. Not just the Astros.
Farmer1906
AG
gougler08
AG
Just horrible
Mathguy64
AG
That score for him is generous. His calls off the plate for Min were consistently off all night.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Love it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
gougler08
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Not sure I get this? Our bullpen is god awful and needs help, yet we aren't going to send a decent arm there to support?
bearkatag15
AG
gougler08 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Not sure I get this? Our bullpen is god awful and needs help, yet we aren't going to send a decent arm there to support?

This is a way to keep Odo stretched out for the next time through the order in a 6 man rotation while backing up Lance in his 1st time back from the IL where he may only go 4-5 innings anyway
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
bearkatag15
AG

This would be a really fun matchup at MMP
tjack16
AG
Have we faced Keuchel since the left? I'm assuming not
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

Nope I don't believe so
Mathguy64
AG
I like the tandem start idea. We have lots of starters. Doing a tandem keeps them working and avoids the pen.
W
AG
all right, Dusty wants to win today
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Having to watch the Fox broadcast last night made me really appreciate Todd, Blum, and Julia. Todd and Blum are only under contract through the end of this year, and I really hope that they sign back on for more.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

Nope I don't believe so

Just double checked and no we haven't. I forgot he was in Atlanta during 2019.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://theathletic.com/2649186/2021/06/13/rosenthal-mlbs-planned-crackdown-on-pitchers-use-of-foreign-substances-taking-shape/
Quote:

Here are some of the details regarding the crackdown, a number of which first were reported by ESPN.com:
Umpires will check starting pitchers at least twice a game and relief pitchers at least once.
Checks will be done as pitchers come off the mound after an inning has ended or a pitching change has been made in other words, during commercial breaks.
If an umpire believes a pitcher is using a substance, he will be encouraged to check the pitcher during the inning. Umpires can check fingers, skin, hats, gloves, belts and any other part of the uniform.
If substances are found, the pitcher will be ejected and his equipment and/or uniform will be confiscated and given to the on-site major-league authenticator.
Umpires will be instructed to check a position player's glove only if they believe he is doctoring balls for the pitcher.
Additional calls between umpires and league officials regarding the crackdown are expected this week, as is communication with clubs, sources said. The league has yet to determine an exact timetable for beginning the increased enforcement. But the intent is to give players enough notice so that, ideally, embarrassing situations are avoided and no violations occur.

scrimp
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

But the intent is to give players enough notice so that, ideally, embarrassing situations are avoided and no violations occur.
Good grief.... I understand most, if not all, pitchers are/were doing something of this nature. But that is the most neutered enforcement plan imaginable. MLB is basically saying "we know you're cheating. Please stop so I don't have to embarrass myself by actually enforcing the rules...."
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So what happens if Odorizzi has his best start Tuesday and goes something like 5 shutout innings on 50-60 pitches? Are they still going to put LMJ in for the 6th on?
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

So what happens if Odorizzi has his best start Tuesday and goes something like 5 shutout innings on 50-60 pitches? Are they still going to put LMJ in for the 6th on?

Lance is starting and Odo comes in relief
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Pretty much says it all
agdaddy04
AG
So essentially if we had two more serviceable bullpen arms the Astros could win 140 or so?
bearkatag15
AG
agdaddy04 said:

So essentially if we had two more serviceable bullpen arms the Astros could win 140 or so?

I bet that stat looks pretty similar for all good teams. If your starter is going deep it's because he's winning or keeping the game close.
agdaddy04
AG
No, I know. Was a little tongue in cheek. But it's probably been worth 3-4 games so far at least
Teddy Perkins
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Having to watch the Fox broadcast last night made me really appreciate Todd, Blum, and Julia. Todd and Blum are only under contract through the end of this year, and I really hope that they sign back on for more.
Is TK back today?
First Page Last Page
Page 555 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.