***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,827,504 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But is that a good thing being just better than completely sucking? He is better than some of our guys but compared to other bullpens is he good?
jah003
S
This won't end well...
Mathguy64
AG
Rodriguez isn't hitting the zone. But in all fairness these pitches have been strikes for Berrios every single time all night long. I mean every time.
Beat40
Uncle Mike, Professional Fielder.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Professional fielder.
bullard21k
AG
Need a guy or two on for bregman/Alvarez.

Then go deep to make this a game
Harry Dunne
I miss when our bullpen was so good that we used to crap on Rondon.

Ags #1
AG
So much this!!
jah003
S
Going to need to big guns to overcome this deficit...
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I want to know how many people in our bullpen are > Josh James??? Because sometimes, watching our dudes pitch, I think I miss him...
scrimp
AG
No, I'm not saying Raley's good just because the rest of the pen (minus Pressley) is terribly inconsistent.

I just think Raley gets more than his fair share of hate around here. We've got 8 guys in the pen, and 7 of them make my stomach churn. But Raley gets called out more than the other 6. Maybe because he is an Ag? Not sure.....
Mathguy64
AG
And right on cue they get a strike call out of the zone nowhere close.
Ags #1
AG
True. Maybe because he seems to either get shelled or go 3-4 inkings without giving up a hit
Mathguy64
AG
This guys motion is so illegal. He wiggles back and forth continuously. He's never set at all.
Harry Dunne
ttha_aggie_09 said:

I want to know how many people in our bullpen are > Josh James??? Because sometimes, watching our dudes pitch, I think I miss him...
No doubt about it! We only thought James sucked relative to the rest of the bullpen.

If we had a reliever with a league average ERA that struck a bunch of guys out like 2019 JJ he'd be a godsend right now.
scrimp
AG
Well frick......
Ags #1
AG
2019 james yes. 2020 gas can would seem to fit right in
Mathguy64
AG
Just brutal. Opening walk after opening walk.
Mathguy64
AG
Everyday 4-5-3 DP.
Hulla Baller
AG
Why does Simmons look unhealthy? Looks really skinny.
Mathguy64
AG
Not in zone. Brought back 4". Strike call. It's like clockwork.
scrimp
AG
Geeez. Seems like Alvarez has had 4-5 balls called strikes this game.
Frok
AG
Astros need to be better at taking out the trash
Mathguy64
AG
Consistent to the end. Just brutal.
scrimp
AG
Well, that sucked.
Harry Dunne
scrimp said:

No, I'm not saying Raley's good just because the rest of the pen (minus Pressley) is terribly inconsistent.

I just think Raley gets more than his fair share of hate around here. We've got 8 guys in the pen, and 7 of them make my stomach churn. But Raley gets called out more than the other 6. Maybe because he is an Ag? Not sure.....
Fair enough, he's no worse than the other guys. I don't think anyone's defending the other guys, I guess that's the difference.

Peacock pitched for some teams yesterday in FL and is looking to sign a contract. I don't know why wouldn't be all over that.

scrimp
AG
I'd think they Astros would be interested in Peacock, but he's coming off of shoulder surgery, and he's 33. Combine injury concerns with whatever salary he'd require, it might not work...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
scrimp said:

I'd think they Astros would be interested in Peacock, but he's coming off of shoulder surgery, and he's 33. Combine injury concerns with whatever salary he'd require, it might not work...

They can try to do what they did with Jake Odorizzi and go low base with incentives. Not much risk
Chrundle the Great
AG
How does this affect our staying under the luxury cap? I want that pick if Carlos goes and I think that is what is going to drive decision making.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Remember any deal is prorated at this point. Also literally anyone we pick up is going to push us over unless we trade someone on the major league roster. We are between a rock and a hard place
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Don't get your hopes up regarding the trade tweets earlier
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Kind of sad when you make a trade with the Marlins and don't land a big fish.... ironic, I suppose
agproducer
AG
Been drinking and enjoying pool time. I guess I didn't miss much.

We'll get em tomorrow.
redline248
AG
Pretty sure I was on a plane during the game (been awake for like 22 hours so I'm not sure of anything right now). Two observations from the thread:

1. Someone said the team didn't look interested. I've come to believe that on days when Dusty goes B team roster, it has a negative effect on the rest of the guys. This isn't specific to Dusty, actually. I think there is a certain psychology players have to those kind of managerial moves.

2. Deluxe's post about EF and xEF for the pool was one of the funniest things I've read this week.
htxag09
AG
redline248 said:

1. Someone said the team didn't look interested.

FWIW, someone is likely to post this during every single game if we're losing at the time.
First Page Last Page
Page 554 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.