***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,832,534 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah. What does that mean?
Bulldog73
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Well it's official... I'm either too old or too deaf to understand that

Mr. Correa, please outstretch your right hand if you are a man that prefers a female's posterior, or your left if you are a gentleman who appreciates bosom.
Mr. Correa: extends both hands.
gif
Raise your right hand if you like ass, raise left hand if you like tits(he raises both hands)
bearkatag15
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

With smaller number of fans in the stands this year, some fans have been able to get the attention of players during games and ask them questions. One of the popular ones is to yell "right hand = ass, left hand = tits." The player puts up the corresponding hand to indicate whether he's an ass man or tits man.. Correa put both hands up saying he likes them both equally.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Bulldog73
AG
Reminds me of my time in Aggie alley. We had a visiting team in town (maybe DBU) and the starting right fielder was clearly a pretty boy. White glove, fixing his hair between every couple pitches, the works. There's a hit to him that he could've had if he'd dove, but he let it bounce in front of him and lightly tossed it in while the runner took second.

The next inning, there a new RF, so of course we welcomed him in Aggie Alley fashion. My buddy grabbed the cone we used as a megaphone, and asked for a 1 or a 2 for basic questions, and he played along between pitches. Finally my buddy says "give a 1 if Chad is cool, or a 2 if he's a tool", immediately we saw him react, and after the pitch, he turned around laughing and emphatically gave us a two. He's the first visiting OF we gave food to.
Mathguy64
AG
Gotta keep Daniela happy. Wouldn't want to disparage one part or the other.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Bulldog73 said:

ttha_aggie_09 said:

Mr. Correa, please outstretch your right hand if you are a man that prefers a female's posterior, or your left if you are a gentleman who appreciates bosom.
Mr. Correa: extends both hands.
Thank you! Hilarious
BTKAG97
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Right hand ass-cheek, left hand tits.

Added: Thanks to the other posters that heard "raise your hand" before the above quote.
bluefire579
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

He's asking him if he's an ass or boobs guy. Correa said both

Edit: missed that there was already another page. Oh well, someone else to tell you
Farmer1906
AG
Breggy Bomb Salsa by the pool today.
halfastros81
AG
Astros have to address their bullpen issues either internally or externally imo. As the starters get healthy pushing guys like Javier and perhaps Garcia to the pen makes sense but they have to figure out if that's going to be enough in the next few weeks.

Right now the only guy they can trust from the 5th to the 9th is Javier other than maybe specialty spots like RAley pitching to the odd lefty. I had hoped Stanek would stabilize but it isn't happening.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

Astros have to address their bullpen issues either internally or externally imo.

Is there any person that doesn't have this opinion?
halfastros81
AG
I know but still it's fun to discuss and maybe someone here has some insight or ideas that the rest of us don't. Trade deadline's
Not all that far off.

I'll readily admit it would be more fun to not have the problem to discuss but this is a discussion forum isn't it?

Ya never know what might come out of a Captain Obvious post
Marvin
AG
Anyone see this graphic last night?

Record against sub .500 teams:

Oakland 25-12
Houston 14-14

So the A's are sub .500 against teams with a pulse, and they likely have a lot more left to play than the Astros.

ETA- and of course the Astros need to take care of business.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Marvin
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Astros have to address their bullpen issues either internally or externally imo.

Is there any person that doesn't have this opinion?

Brother was on a roll... I wasn't going to stop him.
Marvin
AG
nm
halfastros81
AG
Astros are in pretty good shape as far as winning the division .

It is weird that the Astros play better baseball against better teams than sub-par teams.
halfastros81
AG
Okay guys, I get it. Was a little bored on a Saturday afternoon. Back to changing electrical outlets now
Marvin
AG
halfastros81 said:

Okay guys, I get it. Was a little bored on a Saturday afternoon. Back to changing electrical outlets.

I posted something similar yesterday. Gotta move some arms to get a quality guy- hopefully young and still under team control. Quantity for quality. Not sure what it would take or who would be a potential partner. Bored and sitting on a barstool so maybe I'll do some research this afternoon.

BTW, Texas Leaguer Brewery has some great summer beverages. Give em a try. The Czech Swing and Airmailer are my favorites so far.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

scrimp
AG
Has there been any recent updates on Pedro Baez or Austin Pruitt? Seems like many of the BP issues could resolve themselves if one or both return and they pitch up to their expectations. If we can get someone to fill the setup man role, that takes of the pressure off of Stanek, and can push the other guys (Taylor, Bielak, Raley) to some lower leverage situations than they have been forced into so far this year....
EastCoastAgNc
AG
scrimp said:

Has there been any recent updates on Pedro Baez or Austin Pruitt? Seems like many of the BP issues could resolve themselves if one or both return and they pitch up to their expectations. If we can get someone to fill the setup man role, that takes of the pressure off of Stanek, and can push the other guys (Taylor, Bielak, Raley) to some lower leverage situations than they have been forced into so far this year....

Baez seems to be throwing, click said something last week that would lead you to believe he probably wouldn't be back until August. Who knows on Pruitt. I think Orbit kidnapped him and he's being held captive on his home planet.
scrimp
AG
When I searched online, I could only find reports on Baez from when he got put on the 60 day IL, stating he was eligible to return on June 9th and that was inline with the Astros timeline for his return. Sounds like it may be going slower than hoped for.....

It sucks that about 20% of that Astros payroll is 3 pitchers on the IL (Verlander, Joe Smith, and Baez). I'm sure payroll and luxury tax issues are limiting factors in being able to trade for more BP help.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

I still don't understand the point of Robel Garcia on this team
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
W
AG
good grief, Dusty must think he's managing a bunch of senior citizens.

Monday is an off-day
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Sounds like we can expect a slew of off days tomorrow too.
W
AG
small note...in 1999 at age 33...Biggio played in 160 games --- half of them standing on the rock hard Astrodome turf
Mathguy64
AG
I get it's a marathon not a sprint but Dusty is basically managing to win 2 of 3 every series. That's great but at some point you need to make a move because Oakland isn't going away.
Ag_07
AG
Can Dusty even count to 2?
Mathguy64
AG
Don't get me started.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Username checks out
bullard21k
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I get it's a marathon not a sprint but Dusty is basically managing to win 2 of 3 every series. That's great but at some point you need to make a move because Oakland isn't going away.

He manages a potential 3 or 4 game sweep day like a Rec league softball game.
Mathguy64
AG
It's like baseball players are made of glass. Seriously. 95% of their entire day is spent standing around picking daisies or sitting in a dugout deciding what flavor of sunflower seed to jam in their pie hole. Even when they play it's practically a day off.

I'm watching Euro 2020 now and these guys are running non stop for 90 minutes.

Get your ass out there and play. You are being paid millions of dollars to play a freaking game. Take the day off when it's on the schedule.
First Page Last Page
Page 551 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.