***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,791,159 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bigjag19 said:

McInnis said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

So honest question about the Altuve replay homer. Ump said he didn't have to round the bases. But if a batter misses a base while running out a homerun they are called out.

What would've happened if the twins appealed to first base or home plate for that matter?
I didn't see an answer to this and I'm curious too. Is there a rule that if a home run is called on a replay the batter doesn't have to run the bases? Can umpire make a decision like this on his own?

Did we just find a break in the matrix?

I think the rule about having the circle the bases got changed after this a few years ago
W
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Journeyman named Rennie Stennett, and yep he died 3 weeks ago. 7-for-7 with 5 runs scored and 2 RBis.

Feel free to enjoy this box score. The Cubs doing it up Cub-Style a good 46 years ago.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHN/CHN197509160.shtml
that's a great boxscore.

and the Pirates' manager didn't have a problem batting three lefties back-to-back-to-back in the 3-4-5 spots.

of course when it's Al Oliver, Willie Stargell, and Dave Parker --- that's an easy call
EastCoastAgNc
AG
BCEDAg
AG
Manny Sanguillen went 7 for 7 for the Pirates in the 70's.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
That's awesome!
BCEDAg
AG
My bad -it was Stennett. Manny played on same team.
bearkatag15
AG
Salvador Perez ties it up with a solo HR!
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
agproducer
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Salvador Perez ties it up with a solo HR!

Second one tonight.
Ag_07
AG
I appreciate the updates but you guys are killing yourselves scoreboard watching in June.
BCEDAg
AG
It's part of loving the game dude
agproducer
AG
Ag_07 said:

I appreciate the updates but you guys are killing yourselves scoreboard watching in June.

Nah. Just bored and wanting to watch more baseball. I figured I could watch a end of a game and root against the A's
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07 said:

Nah I just enjoy watching games that I have a rooting interest in.
agproducer
AG
Another team just got screwed by replay on a play at the plate in Oakland.
bearkatag15
AG
That was a really close play at the plate. Was probably safe but they couldn't overturn it.
scrimp
AG
Damn. A's walk it off in the bottom of the 9th. Luckiest friggin' team....
bearkatag15
AG
A's walk it off...
astros4545
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Chas is not tired Dusty
bearkatag15
AG
astros4545 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Chas is not tired Dusty
Honestly I have no problem with Straw right now. He's doing really well.
Gap
AG
Excited to win what became a bullpen game tonight!

Here is to many more.
agdaddy04
AG
Gap said:

Here is to many more.

Using three total pitchers isn't what I'd call a bullpen game.
Gap
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Gap said:

Here is to many more.
Using three total pitchers isn't what I'd call a bullpen game.
Not in that sense where you are piecing together 9 innings from the bullpen.

In the sense of the game was going to be decided by the performance of the bullpens. Hasn't been our forte this year. Thinking of the run about 2 weeks ago where the pen couldn't hold a lead.

Ended up being a 2 run margin tonight, but the Astros have a grand total of just 5 one-run wins this year. A's have 12 and Mariners' have 13. That kind of game.
wangus12
AG
scrimp said:

Damn. A's walk it off in the bottom of the 9th. Luckiest friggin' team....

They really are turning into that Rangers team a few years ago that simply couldn't lose close games.
mAgnoliAg
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

bigjag19 said:

McInnis said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

So honest question about the Altuve replay homer. Ump said he didn't have to round the bases. But if a batter misses a base while running out a homerun they are called out.

What would've happened if the twins appealed to first base or home plate for that matter?
I didn't see an answer to this and I'm curious too. Is there a rule that if a home run is called on a replay the batter doesn't have to run the bases? Can umpire make a decision like this on his own?

Did we just find a break in the matrix?

I think the rule about having the circle the bases got changed after this a few years ago

So why do you have to touch 1st base on a normal home run?
agdaddy04
AG
That makes sense. I'd always only heard the term though when you had a starter last only a couple and you had to piece it together.
aftershock
I don't normally drop $5 on salsa, but I really wanted to try this so I picked up a jar. Kroger in Katy by Firethorne was well stocked this morning.
dshedd41
S
Let us know how it tastes
Gig’em Aggies!
Proudag06
AG
agdaddy04 said:

That makes sense. I'd always only heard the term though when you had a starter last only a couple and you had to piece it together.

I think that's exactly what a bullpen game is. That's different than saying "this one will be decided by the bullpen". When you hear announcers or coaches say it's going to be a bullpen game they mean using several pitchers due to the starter not being expected to go many innings. it's not a bullpen game when your starter goes 7 innings. But in context, we knew what you meant.
CFTXAG10
AG
I think it was a little cheaper at HEB. I picked some up yesterday. For a "jar" salsa it is pretty good. I tried it on an omelet this morning and it has good flavor.
aftershock
dshedd41 said:

I'll echo that for a "jar" salsa it's alright. It's not going to just absolutely blow you away. I don't like salsa to be particularly hot, and the heat level on this was just right for me. My go-to salsa is Mateo's medium, and it's very similar in heat level. Flavor profile is totally different. Breggy is more lime/acid forward. I personally like cilantro in salsa, and this has none. For some that might be a plus, but for me I kinda felt like something was missing. It's not unenjoyable, it's just not quite my preference. That being said, the novelty is definitely there, and I'll probably be picking up some jars for friends and family that are Astros fans just because of that.
3B Paul 97
AG
aftershock said:

dshedd41 said:

I'll echo that for a "jar" salsa it's alright. It's not going to just absolutely blow you away. I don't like salsa to be particularly hot, and the heat level on this was just right for me. My go-to salsa is Mateo's medium, and it's very similar in heat level. Flavor profile is totally different. Breggy is more lime/acid forward. I personally like cilantro in salsa, and this has none. For some that might be a plus, but for me I kinda felt like something was missing. It's not unenjoyable, it's just not quite my preference. That being said, the novelty is definitely there, and I'll probably be picking up some jars for friends and family that are Astros fans just because of that.

That might be the best breakdown for anything on this thread all season.
bigjag19
AG
dshedd41 said:

I'm going to guess salty.
bearkatag15
AG

agdaddy04
AG
Wait, what?
strider98
bearkatag15 said:

Pay that man his money!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Well it's official... I'm either too old or too deaf to understand that
First Page Last Page
Page 550 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.