***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,833,712 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The auto filter on this site is a total piece of crap
Ag_07
AG
Time to jump on this pen!!!
tjack16
AG
Blake Taylor in
Beat40
Honestly glad to see Bregman hit some fly outs.
bearkatag15
AG
Boston JD Martinez has looked like Houston JD Martinez this series
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
CFTXAG10
AG
Yuli said **** your shutout
bearkatag15
AG
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Mathguy64
AG
That ended exactly how Nostradamus predicted at 11:00 am when he saw the lineup card that Dusty put out. He literally waved the white flag as he put the names on it.
tjack16
AG
I'll take a 5-4 homestand over 3 playoff teams any day
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
tjack16 said:

I'll take a 5-4 homestand over 3 playoff teams any day

Way to cost us the game without your lucky pants.
tjack16
AG
They are no longer lucky. The Detroit sweep and that awful road trip took care of that
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Boo freakin hoo. Because he changed his glove, he's cheating? What a joke. I know this is a foreign concept to some people, but sometimes, baseball players can be superstitious.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
The message about them got 15 stars and yours has none...bring back the pants
tjack16
AG
Next game I go to I'll wear them
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

The message about them got 15 stars and yours has none...bring back the pants
tjack16
AG
9 game road trip coming up. We should win 2/3 from Toronto and Minnesota. Boston will be tough at home

I think 5-4 is easily accomplishable and 7-2 should be the goal.
Harry Dunne
Missed the game. What's the word on Rougned Odorizzi? Stat line looks gross.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
He sucked
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Get ready for an absolute s***show
Mathguy64
AG
I predict this gets handled quietly. Very quietly. Because MLB doesn't want to admit everyone cheats.

On the other hand, Manfred let the genie out of the bottle with his BS sanctions on one team and not everyone. Go for it Atlantic. Burn this ****er down. Burn it to the bedrock.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
One things for certain... Whatever team ends up being the scapegoat, it won't be a team in LA, NY, or Boston.
Mathguy64
AG
Oh no. I'm confident in saying the Rangers, Pirates and Tigers are about to feature prominently in the public cornholing coming. If they could bend Eastern Michigan State over they would.
W
AG
checking in with the aforementioned Blue Jays (29-25)...

George has officially missed 50 games. And his return is unlikely this weekend, so he will play less than 110 games in year 1 of his contract. His career low in games played is 102 games for the Astros in 2015.

little Biggio is still struggling. OPS mired around .630

Marcus Semien has been hot lately. OPS at .918. Toronto wishes they had signed him to more than a 1-year deal
redline248
AG
Mathguy64 said:

I predict this gets handled quietly. Very quietly. Because MLB doesn't want to admit everyone cheats.

On the other hand, Manfred let the genie out of the bottle with his BS sanctions on one team and not everyone. Go for it Atlantic. Burn this ****er down. Burn it to the bedrock.
Athletic published an article in the offseason basically saying, "eh, everyone uses substances when pitching...we probably shouldn't care."
Ag_07
AG
So who's gonna out Mike Fiers for foreign substances in his 2 no hitters?
Mathguy64
AG
I can only hope they name Mike Fiers as one of the cheating *******s.
Ag_07
AG
Saw this on an MLB write up. Super early in his career but this is good stuff.

TREX01
W said:

checking in with the aforementioned Blue Jays (29-25)...

George has officially missed 50 games. And his return is unlikely this weekend, so he will play less than 110 games in year 1 of his contract. His career low in games played is 102 games for the Astros in 2015.

little Biggio is still struggling. OPS mired around .630

Marcus Semien has been hot lately. OPS at .918. Toronto wishes they had signed him to more than a 1-year deal
Springer is very unlikely to play even 100 games. Def. an ominous start to his Blue Jay career but they also didn't sign him for his April/May/June prowess. If he can get healthy he should be there when it matter. That being said, the concern should def be there. That's a ton of money to toss out to a guy to sit in street clothes.
W
AG
perhaps the saving grace for the Blue Jays...

Toronto has not played the Orioles yet this season. Still have 19 games left vs. the woeful O's (19-37).

that's how the Jays make a move on the division title. Need a 13-6, 14-5, or so mark vs. Baltimore
All I do is Nguyen
EastCoastAgNc said:

Are we about to see a huge offensive output across the MLB now? It has been an "Unwritten rule" that you don't ask about other team's pitchers and their substance because it was understood they wouldn't ask about your pitcher.
SW-14
AG
Problem is they need him here in April/May/June just to make the playoffs. Their division is one of the strongest in MLB.
TREX01
SW-14 said:

Problem is they need him here in April/May/June just to make the playoffs. Their division is one of the strongest in MLB.
See the post above from W about them playing the Orioles. Also they are only a game out of the wildcard.
astros4545
AG
Superb Sasquatch said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Are we about to see a huge offensive output across the MLB now? It has been an "Unwritten rule" that you don't ask about other team's pitchers and their substance because it was understood they wouldn't ask about your pitcher.
This is what I was thinking too

Some value in betting some Overs
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Around the MLB note.

The AAA Bulls game was called last night in the 8th inning after the pitcher was struck in the side of the head by a batted ball, fell to the mound face first and began convulsing.
AgHawkeye
AG
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

Around the MLB note.

The AAA Bulls game was called last night in the 8th inning after the pitcher was struck in the side of the head by a batted ball, fell to the mound face first and began convulsing.

Quick search shows he is in hospital and in "stable condition". Tone of those updates sound promising all together so that is good at least.
Ag-Hawkeye
First Page Last Page
Page 487 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.