***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,832,746 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
cc10106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beat40 said:

Man, the Padres series sucks in that we couldn't win the series with the chances we had, but a split a against the Dodgers and a series win against the Red Sox is really nice!
They've got some revenge coming their way after last weekend and the series in San Diego last year.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Dusty is gonna give Bregman the day off tomorrow. I don't think he's had a day off in a while, can slot in Diaz for him.
Mr. Lahey
AG
OEag11 said:

rdunham98 said:

Best option by a very large Grand Canyon sized margin is pitching now. This is all his.

Oh ya no doubt. Just trying to give some "live" updates. Great series win(shows how much I pay attention)
ClickClack
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Does she look a little like Kayce?

That girl isn't great above the neck but come on don't insult her like that

Marvin
AG
4th win I think when scoring fewer than 4 runs. Great game!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
TRM
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Dusty is gonna give Bregman the day off tomorrow. I don't think he's had a day off in a while, can slot in Diaz for him.
They'd expect Diaz. Garcia it is. /Dusty
Farmer1906
AG
Borderline Erotic

dshedd41
S
&ct=g
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Bond
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

TOFA

Just noticed this was a gif
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

tjack16
AG
One of the most boring games I've been to in my life. But I'll take a boring win over an exciting loss any day. Good night at the ballpark
Marvin
AG
tjack16 said:

One of the most boring games I've been to in my life. But I'll take a boring win over an exciting loss any day. Good night at the ballpark

Old school NL West game. Loved it!
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
tjack16
AG
Marvin said:

tjack16 said:

Old school NL West game. Loved it!

Yeah definitely a pitchers duel. Which is crazy given how the first inning went for both teams. Thought I'd be there all night at the rate they were going. Seeing Framber work tonight was awesome. And Correa making difficult plays look routine is always good to see
tjack16
AG
redline248
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

TOFA

Just noticed this was a gif
They are like 2 fingers beckoning me to "come here"
Cromagnum
AG
I'm way late, but TOFA

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
tjack16 said:

2-1 pitcher's duel is boring? Thanks, New Army.
Farmer1906
AG
mwm
For you guys that missed it, that was Mr. Myles Straw with the GWRBI last night.
Farmer1906
AG
mwm said:

For you guys that missed it, that was Mr. Myles Straw with the GWRBI last night.
tjack16
AG

Still don't understand how they do it
n_touch
Deluxe
AG
mwm said:

I'm happy to see him playing a little better recently but he still hasn't eclipsed the .600 OPS mark. His days as starter have to be numbered.
redline248
AG
Y'all may surprised to learn that Straw has more RBI than Brantley.

However, Chas has more than both of them ( and a .710 OPS)
Deluxe
AG
Brantley OPS+ 123
Straw OPS+ 66

They aren't really in the same stratosphere
redline248
AG
I should have used a more appropriate emote to convey my facetiousness
Deluxe
AG
Haha well played sir
tjack16
AG
redline248 said:

Y'all may surprised to learn that Straw has more RBI than Brantley.

However, Chas has more than both of them ( and a .710 OPS)

I don't know why but It feels like Brantley has been out a lot longer than he actually has been.
Mathguy64
AG
And he was listed as having tired legs from this craptastic fake turf in Arlington. Something tells me there is more to the story.
Farmer1906
AG
Speaking of Straw, he's had 202 plate appearances, 0 HR, and 1 barrel.

Going back to 2010, there have only been 5 seasons where someone has had a lower SLG%. (Qualified)
2020 Nicky Lopez .266
2010 Cesar Izturis .268
2021 Elvis Andrus .269 - future HOFer per Arlington fans
2021 Jackie Bradley Jr .269 - His defense is totally worth it and his ceiling is high - Farmer1906
2021 Kevin Newman .269
2021 Myles Straw .278

The next lowest Astro on the list is 2014 Matt Dominguez .330.
redline248
AG
I feel like even I could run into one in 200 PAs.
Chrundle the Great
AG
2021 Myles Straw .278
-His defense is worth it and ceiling is super high - Click/Dusty/TK/Blummer/every Astros blog
redline248
AG
...and speaking of barrels, Bregman does not appear to be seeing the ball, or his timing is off. Only 3% of his balls have been barreled?
astros4545
AG
redline248 said:

...and speaking of barrels, Bregman does not appear to be seeing the ball, or his timing is off. Only 3% of his balls have been barreled?

He's batting while drunk on tequila salsa
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

He's never really been a masher. He doesn't have crazy hard hit and high barrels like most of the top-tier guys. His "down" #s are a combination of the balls reducing HRs and him hitting the ball on the ground too much.

The year he hit 45 HRs, he was only expected to hit 31.7 based on his quality of contact. 23 of the 45 were "doubters" meaning they would have gone out in 1 to 7 stadiums. Basically, he was abusing the Crawford boxes.

As for the groundballs, he went from 31.7% in 2019 to 33.6% to 46.8%. That's not going to help his power #s. Most of the reduction is coming from his line drives.

A few other random notes, he's swinging at first pitches more and swinging more in general. Now, he's not chasing, but just being more aggressive on pitches in the zone. It's all relative though. He's still far from a free swinger.
Buck Compton
AG
Been out of the thread and not watching every night a bit lately as I am in the middle of changing jobs, but Astros seem to be playing good ball lately. Going for the sweep today!
First Page Last Page
Page 482 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.