***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,829,794 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still ridiculous he is already off the HOF ballot
Harry Dunne
Yeah, but better to have had the career he had clean than to have cheated and be in the HOF.

I have an immense amount of respect for him, Oswalt and other guys would were on the borderline of a HOF career and didn't cheat while nearly all those around them did.
tjack16
AG
I think Urquidy is healthy
agdaddy04
AG
dang, give the man a hand - first hit of the game.
tjack16
AG
Hoping he goes complete game. Bullpen can't blow it if they don't get in the game
W
AG
Urquidy looking good for 7+ innings
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Radio guys said Urquidy was only supposed to go 75-80 pitches today, so it's probably a good thing they got the hit out of the way rather than having the bullpen have to preserve a no-hitter. I don't think they could handle that.
Harry Dunne
I am highly encouraged by these starts by Framber, Odorizzi and Urquidy...and also because we desperately need Javier in the bullpen. although he might be the mostly talented one of them all.
Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc said:

Radio guys said Urquidy was only supposed to go 75-80 pitches today, so it's probably a good thing they got the hit out of the way rather than having the bullpen have to preserve a no-hitter. I don't think they could handle that.
What makes you think that?

W
AG
hit #2 for Altuve.

back over .300
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Harry Dunne said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

What makes you think that?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

So I take 2 days off to go to the beach, come back to find Chas batting second and Taylor Jones still alive. WTF?

You can always count on Joey Gallo striking out tho. A model of consistency.
Javier Baez is getting close to catching him!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think Berkman will get in from the veterans committee. He had comparable numbers to Jim Rice who got in that way. I wish he had hung around another couple of seasons. He retired 95 hits short of 2,000 and 34 homers short of 400. Getting to those two milestones would have really upped his case.
W
AG
that's it for E-Rod
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Not sure what Chandler's saying, but I think it's something along the lines of "is that really all you have?"
agdaddy04
AG
I'd hope not... ****ty take if so. 4 runs in less than 5 is a lot more than 5 in 9.
W
AG
bases loaded for Tuck
wangus12
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Not sure what Chandler's saying, but I think it's something along the lines of "is that really all you have?"
I still have yet to see a sports reporter for a local team who hates his team as much as it seems Rome hates the Astros
W
AG
yes! Tucker finds a hole
mwm
Atta boy, Tuck.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Chandler Rome tries to think of some cool tweets because McTaggart smokes him 30 times a day with meaningful stuff.

YEH TED
agproducer
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Bregxit said:

agproducer said:

Diaz is cheaper, but I'd rather have Marwin.

No way. Marwin can't hit anymore.
If anybody's #s look like they cheated their ass off in 2017, it was Marwin. He's sucked since.
Marwin's career WAR is 14.8. This year, he is at .5. He averages 1.48 WAR per season. Without 2017, his WAR averages 1.2.

Diaz's career WAR is 6.2. This year, he is at .3. He averages 1.03 WAR per season.

Diaz hits for a little more power and better average, but Marwin has a higher hard hit percentage (42.7 to 39.8) and higher EV.

Marwin also is a switch hitter.

dWAR, Marwin is better than Diaz, averaging .43 to -.08.

This isn't even mentioning durability.

Diaz is better with OPS.

Marwin's numbers were inflated in 2017, but his numbers in 18 were decent and with Minnesota, they were similar to his averages prior to 2017. He just is struggling at the plate this year.

Again, I'd rather have Marwin.

cap-n-jack
Throwing Tucker up in the letters does not seem like a good option at this point for opposing pitchers.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Throwing Tucker up in the letters does not seem like a good option at this point for opposing pitchers.
I hope they continue to do it.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Whoever produces these radio broadcasts from the Astros needs to work on their bump music. Spice girls coming out of the break? Seriously?
JABQ04
AG
I like their inning intro music
Frok
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Whoever produces these radio broadcasts from the Astros needs to work on their bump music. Spice girls coming out of the break? Seriously?

My wife liked it
cap-n-jack
Bad decision by Renfro.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
agproducer said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Bregxit said:

agproducer said:

Diaz is cheaper, but I'd rather have Marwin.

No way. Marwin can't hit anymore.
If anybody's #s look like they cheated their ass off in 2017, it was Marwin. He's sucked since.
Marwin's career WAR is 14.8. This year, he is at .5. He averages 1.48 WAR per season. Without 2017, his WAR averages 1.2.

Diaz's career WAR is 6.2. This year, he is at .3. He averages 1.03 WAR per season.

Diaz hits for a little more power and better average, but Marwin has a higher hard hit percentage (42.7 to 39.8) and higher EV.

Marwin also is a switch hitter.

dWAR, Marwin is better than Diaz, averaging .43 to -.08.

This isn't even mentioning durability.

Diaz is better with OPS.

Marwin's numbers were inflated in 2017, but his numbers in 18 were decent and with Minnesota, they were similar to his averages prior to 2017. He just is struggling at the plate this year.

Again, I'd rather have Marwin.

I have no idea what any of those numbers mean. I do know Marwin hit .211 last year and is hitting .199 last year. That's over 96 games and 350 at-bats. He's got 29 walks and 80 strikeouts in that time frame. His OBP for those two years is .286 and .292 and his slugging .320 and .284. Those are horrible numbers.

At 47, I fully admit that I am approaching what some consider old man status. But "hard hit percentage" and "exit velocity" are statistics I find to be absolutely hilarious.

htxag09
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Chandler Rome can kindly go ead
Marvin
AG
What the hell was Chas jumping for on that hit?
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
jah003
S
Marvin said:

What the hell was Chas jumping for on that hit?

Could be worse...
RED AG 98
AG
That was pretty hilarious. Fortunate it didn't cost us a base there but man play the damn carom
W
AG
nasty stuff to Bogaerts.

great job by Urquidy today
Mr.Bond
AG
Urquidy just threw 4 strikes...
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

First Page Last Page
Page 461 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.