***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,791,305 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
After this homestand I'm not against moving around some of the guys that are able to be called up and down. I'd really like to see Jose Siri get a shot at some point this summer
Ag_07
AG
Sure...Why not?

Can't be any worse than what we got now.
Beat40
Yordan's timing seems really off.
tjack16
AG
4 strikeouts for Yordan
bearkatag15
AG
Yordan sucks....

Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
tjack16
AG
Hits: 7-6
Score: 9-2

That's insane
bearkatag15
AG
tjack16 said:

That's insane
now do the walks
agproducer
AG
Yeesh! Golden sombrero.
Ag_07
AG
Whick one of y'all is this?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CPUifDmp-Us/?utm_medium=copy_link
Mathguy64
AG
If you are going to bring Siri up the time to do it is now while he's still hot. The Straw experiment has to end. Watching players take extra bases like tonight when then never should is infuriating.
Beat40
Really hoping the bullpen comes out better tomorrow. That was a really bad performance by them.
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

That's insane
now do the walks

Walks: Alot - not alot
agproducer
AG
The off day on Thursday is where you make the move. Send Straw down. DFA Joe Smith. Bring up Conine and Siri.
Bregxit
AG
tjack16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

tjack16 said:

That's insane
now do the walks

Walks: Alot - not alot

9-0
tjack16
AG
That was probably the worst game I've been to. And I went to quite a few in 2013 and went to game 7 in 2019. This SUCKED

The 8k plus annoying Dodgers fans made it 10x worse.
Ag_07
AG
Beat40 said:

Really hoping the bullpen comes out better tomorrow. That was a really bad performance by them.

I get the optimism but on a serious note what makes you think it'll be any different?

This isn't a good pen that had a bad night that's an outlier

The walks have been an issue all season and I don't see anyway this group all of a sudden changes it.
CFTXAG10
AG
Ag_07 said:

Beat40 said:

I get the optimism but on a serious note what makes you think it'll be any different?

This isn't a good pen that had a bad night that's an outlier

The walks have been an issue all season and I don't see anyway this group all of a sudden changes it.

100% right. They need reinforcements in a bad way. Praying Odo and Framber are ready soon. The potential adds of Javier and Garcia would make me feel better
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Nice while it lasted
Chrundle the Great
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Nice while it lasted

Hope he still gets a shot when the rest of the pen comes back and he's healthy.
Ag_07
AG
So full capacity, no masks, and back to normal but...Zoom press conferences.

C'mon now
tjack16
AG
Need the Mariners to not choke tonight
EastCoastAgNc
AG

More from maldy
bearkatag15
AG
Mariners are really going to blow this...
bearkatag15
AG
Seattle holds on...

still just a game back
bearkatag15
AG
Stole this from another Astros message board thread... it breaks down our pitching options on the 40 man roster...

Quote:

Here's the pitchers on the 40 man but not the big league club (excluding Framber and Odorizzi)

Pedro Baez (60 day IL)

Tyler Ivey

Josh James (10 day IL)

Austin Pruitt (60 day IL)

Nivaldo Rodriguez

Peter Solomon

Blake Taylor (10 day IL)

Jairo Solis

Whitley

Solis is out until at least August after elbow surgery but he hasn't pitched since 2018 anyway before he had TJ. And of course Whitley is out for the year. Neither of them is technically on the 60 day IL. They were optioned to the minors and placed in the MiLB IL.

Here's the conundrum...they can't be replaced on the 40 man roster unless they're placed on the MLB 60 day IL...where they'll accrue service time and draw a major league salary. So they were optioned to the minors but their injury status is irrelevant to the 40 man and they can't be replaced without being DFA'd. So our 40 man roster is actually a 38 man roster held hostage by two minor leaguers out for the year.

The only options we've got to call up are Solomon, Rodriguez and Ivey who has to stay down for 10 days from Friday unless we IL a roster player. Or Blake Taylor can be activated from IL.

Rodriguez pitched tonight and threw 57 pitches. Solomon threw 61 pitches last night.

So basically the only minor league options we've got for immediate relief is Ivey but he can't come back until Monday unless someone goes on the IL. Or activate Taylor but hes only thrown 1 rehab inning.

bearkatag15
AG
Is Pruitt really worth keeping on the 40 man roster at this point? He's not a good pitch in his career and he's been hurt his entire time here... maybe cut bait on him

W
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Seattle holds on...

still just a game back
the Mariners are really helping out the cause while the 'stros are struggling
tjack16
AG
At this point no. He hasn't pitched in 2 years and has never pitched for us
Cromagnum
AG
Long season to go, and would rather get our slump in now than in postseason, but damn is thus team tough to watch right now. My wife refuses to watch with me right now because I get so pissed at our performance lately.
mAgnoliAg
AG
There's quite a few guys I would be willing to cut bait on the 40 man. And lots of guys not on the 40 man who could be doing better than this trash
astros4545
AG
Straw hit me a foul ball last night

That is the ideal person to hit to you due to his lack of strength

Damn sticky baseball courtesy of Clayton kershaw
CFTXAG10
AG
Maybe on Thursday the bullpen can have a strike zone seminar from Strommy. I don't know how much longer I can watch guys come out of the pen and just consistently throw miss after miss. The scouting report at this point has to be just leave the damn bat on your shoulder.

With that said, I think we are entering the territory where Click and Co. cannot sit on their hands and continue to roll with what they have. The rest of this homestand might be ****, but the makeup of the pen should look better soon once some guys get moved around.
Farmer1906
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Maybe on Thursday the bullpen can have a strike zone seminar from Strommy. I don't know how much longer I can watch guys come out of the pen and just consistently throw miss after miss. The scouting report at this point has to be just leave the damn bat on your shoulder.

With that said, I think we are entering the territory where Click and Co. cannot sit on their hands and continue to roll with what they have. The rest of this homestand might be ****, but the makeup of the pen should look better soon once some guys get moved around.
We're a game out of first.

Between now and the trade deadline our bullpen should look something like this:
Pressley
Stanek
Baez
Javier
Garcia
Raley
Emmanuel or Taylor
Paredes or Scrubb or Smith

I think the top 6 in the group can get us outs at high enough level to coast into the division assuming the offense or starters don't go to crap.

If it's not or if there are too many injuries, then look at making a move at the deadline.
CFTXAG10
AG
Yea my post did not articulate as well as you did there haha. I didn't mean to suggest we have to make trades, but Click is gonna have to make the decisions soon to make certain moves (i.e. moving Javier and Garcia to the pen). This pen, as currently constructed, is a** my dude.
Farmer1906
AG
In that case, you are a great thinking and world-class gentleman.
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.