***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,834,254 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Hurry up
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LonghornDub said:

Last winter, it was common knowledge that the Astros had a strong core of players but needed outfielders and relief pitching, both of which were available.

It is now more than obvious that the front office did a piss-poor job in the off season.

Who would you have signed to address both?

Signing Stanek was good. Baez could end up being a good move we just don't know yet. But I would have made a serious push for Liam Hendricks. As well as try and trade for Benentendi

So Hendricks eats up the cab so you start Straw and Chas in the OF?

In my scenario you'd have Benentendi in RF and Tucker in CF.
Deluxe
AG
I actually kinda respect Kelly going in the game and taking his boos. Unlike panzy Fiers.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Everyone seems to point to the "just wait" approach... That works as long as you don't get so far behind until then that you can't recover. This isn't like previous years where the A's suck until July or there's no competiion in the division. If this doesn't turn around starting tomorrow, we're gonna find ourselves in a bad situation very quickly with this string of teams coming to town.
Well the A's are losing again so if we lose and they lose then we remain 1 game back...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Tear Down This Wall
Are Dodger fans always loud obnoxious **********s?
Mathguy64
AG
Kelly has a 12.46 ERA and a WHIP of 1.85. He's not in there to hit someone. He's in there because it's 8-1 and he's the designated mop up in a game that is already over guy.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Nah, take that garbage somewhere else.
Beat40
Deluxe said:

I actually kinda respect Kelly going in the game and taking his boos. Unlike panzy Fiers.
I don't respect it at all. He deserves to take the heat just as much as our team since he played for a cheating team too.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LonghornDub said:

Last winter, it was common knowledge that the Astros had a strong core of players but needed outfielders and relief pitching, both of which were available.

It is now more than obvious that the front office did a piss-poor job in the off season.

Signing Stanek was good. Baez could end up being a good move we just don't know yet. But I would have made a serious push for Liam Hendricks. As well as try and trade for Benentendi

Who's in left? Why would Tucker play CF in your world but not ours?
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Nah, take that garbage somewhere else.

Nah
Beat40
Mathguy64 said:

Kelly has a 12.46 ERA and a WHIP of 1.85. He's not in there to hit someone. He's in there because it's 8-1 and he's the designated mop up in a game that is already over guy.
It was definitely weird timing to put him in when Kershaw was rolling and it was Altuve up to bat with 2 outs.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LonghornDub said:

Brantley in left. Tucker in CF. Benentendi in RF

Hendricks and Benentendi are only set to make a combined $17 MM this season

We've crossed the luxury tax before and it worked out pretty well for us in the win column
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

I don't respect it at all. He deserves to take the heat just as much as our team since he played for a cheating team too.

I agree. Not sure how that point conflicts with mine.
Beat40
Deluxe said:

Beat40 said:

Deluxe said:

I agree. Not sure how that point conflicts with mine.
It doesn't. I wasn't arguing with you at all. I'm just saying I don't respect it at all, especially since the only reason he was mad was because some guys narked on the Red Sox and got his boy Alex Cora suspended.
Deluxe
AG
Gotcha, agreed with your post
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LonghornDub said:

Would we have had enough to sign Brantley and resign LMJ?

You edited your other post.

I don't understand why it's so hard to understand Crane said he wouldn't go over the luxury tax. We can't spend if the owner isn't going to pay.

Also, seems some others have mentioned if we go over the luxury tax, we get a draft pick taken away which hurts the already bad position we are in from the MLB punishment.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LonghornDub said:

We've crossed the luxury tax before and it worked out pretty well for us in the win column

It we don't have 17 M. We used up most of it with Brantley's 16 M.
Mathguy64
AG
There was a time when I thought this game would be 2-1 and over by 9:30. Silly me.
mAgnoliAg
AG
I'm turning this trash off
tjack16
AG
Beat40 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

LonghornDub said:

Would we have had enough to sign Brantley and resign LMJ?

If we were willing to go over the luxery tax. Crane said no, but honestly we've done it before and it worked out for us.

Losing JV, Cole and Springer are huge. We lose Greinke next year potentially. We have to make big moves. There were options out there that we could have gotten that were better than Myles Straw.

Also in my scenario I said make pushes for those guys. I think once you get one you likely can't get both. But I think we could have gotten one of Hendricks and Benentendi
Farmer1906
AG
Ben is a corner OFer and he's average. He's be the 4th vets corner OFer on the roster.
tjack16
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Ben is a corner OFer and he's average. He's be the 4th vets corner OFer on the roster.

Okay then throw my suggestion out. I guess Myles straw was the best outfield option
Big Al 1992
AG
Worst game of the season - might be worst game of last 2-3 seasons.
agproducer
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Okay then throw my suggestion out. I guess Myles straw was the best outfield option

Straw is never the best option.
tjack16
AG
I'm a few beers in. At this terrible game. Let me be mad and rant dang it. This team is just frustrating to watch right now
Ag_07
AG
Just. Throw. Strikes.

Seriously...Just groove them down the middle.
Mathguy64
AG
He's out. Let's see if anyone in NY is even awake and cares.
Beat40
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

The problem is the luxury tax. If we're not going over it, there weren't many options.

The question is how do you address the holes we have within the luxury tax, because that's the reality of the situation.
aggie0109
AG
At the end of the day agree or disagree on this team and the off-season we are all Stros fans. I hope the guys are embarrassed by tonight and come out and dominate Tyler Bauer tomorrow!
Chrundle the Great
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm a few beers in. At this terrible game. Let me be mad and rant dang it. This team is just frustrating to watch right now

Fight a dodger fan and record it for us
Beat40
aggie0109 said:

At the end of the day agree or disagree on this team and the off-season we are all Stros fans. I hope the guys are embarrassed by tonight and come out and dominate Tyler Bauer tomorrow!
Will agree. What to rough Bauer up
bearkatag15
AG
so tomorrow night it'll be Garcia to start then Abreu, Beilak, Raley, Stanek and Pressly?
agproducer
AG
No life.

No fight.

Did I read that correctly, 9 walks? 9?!

This team has no fire. The guys look like they are going through the motions. It's probably hard to be a position player when you know your bullpen is just going to give it up.

I know it's just one game, but the deficiencies are glaring. And I don't think things will get better soon.
Farmer1906
AG
tjack16 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Maybe. Maybe not. But everyone is complaining, wanting guys fired, and even with knowing how it looks a couple months into the season they don't have a better plan.

It hasn't fully worked out. I think the logic plays. I wanted freaking JBJ in the offseason. That would have been 10x worse than Straw because of the money.
bearkatag15
AG
Let's see this dude up here soon. Strong numbers in the minors and off to a great start.
First Page Last Page
Page 409 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.