***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,829,659 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

aggie0109 said:

I'm not making up nonsense. Someone can disagree with your thinking without making up nonsense. What I said is the truth. Throw Crane in my original statement, our window is closing and instead of capitalising we've taken the cheap way out.

Crane has consistently help his payroll near the top of the league since we started to win. He's one of the few owners to go into the tax. With the punishment for stealing signs, you're suggesting we tack more on by spending into it again.

Click decided to address the bullpen with some vets and address the Of by resigning Brantley. 1 guy got hurt. I'll reserve judgement until at least July. But I have to say the decision looks solid.

What you made up was some nonsense about this Tampa Bay mindset.

Our window is now closing Jeff built this to last and Click is doing nothing to end it. We're not the overwhelming favorites, but you don't need to be. See Nationals, Royals, recently.

Agreed here. Jury is still 100% out on Click. I think a poor series here against LA could be the catalyst to making a move or two. Been said the last few days, but this team can just looks lifeless at times. Mentioned it in my earlier post about missing Springer and the juice he brought. Maybe Siri coming up or something similar could inject some energy in this bunch. Lot of ball left, and there's something to be said for not panicking and staying the course, but any of sign of fire from someone would also be a welcome sight.
agproducer
AG
I'm sorry, Joe. I appreciate all you have done for the team, and I respect your choice last year with the pandemic.

But, it's time for you to be DFA'd.

PoppaB05
AG
If Joe Smith is still on this roster and Siri isn't starting in CF by mid June I will officially have lost all confidence in the James Click era. This is awful. We aren't the GD Tampa Rays. We have the ability to fix problems within our budget.
Deluxe
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Smith has been relegated to pitching when we are down by a lot late in games and he can't even pitch in those situations effectively... He can't remain on this roster when we start getting arms back soon.

Yea we might have to make a decision on Smith soon with available roster spots dwindling. Can't trust him in high leverage. And we need the young guys to get the mop up reps.

I know we mostly just keep him around to get righties out in October, but I'm growing skeptical of his ability to do that this year.
Big Al 1992
AG
Breggy Bomb Salsa!!!
Beat40
KC_Ag14 said:

Farmer1906 said:

aggie0109 said:

I'm not making up nonsense. Someone can disagree with your thinking without making up nonsense. What I said is the truth. Throw Crane in my original statement, our window is closing and instead of capitalising we've taken the cheap way out.

Crane has consistently help his payroll near the top of the league since we started to win. He's one of the few owners to go into the tax. With the punishment for stealing signs, you're suggesting we tack more on by spending into it again.

Click decided to address the bullpen with some vets and address the Of by resigning Brantley. 1 guy got hurt. I'll reserve judgement until at least July. But I have to say the decision looks solid.

Our window is now closing Jeff built this to last and Click is doing nothing to end it. We're not the overwhelming favorites, but you don't need to be. See Nationals, Royals, recently.

Agreed here. Jury is still 100% out on Click. I think a poor series here against LA could be the catalyst to making a move or two. Been said the last few days, but this team can just looks lifeless at times. Mentioned it in my earlier post about missing Springer and the juice he brought. Maybe Siri coming up or something similar could inject some energy in this bunch. Lot of ball left, and there's something to be said for not panicking and staying the course, but any of sign of fire from someone would also be a welcome sight.

I don't understand why you want to make moves just for the sake of making moves.

This offense is among the best in baseball.

It's clear the front office is waiting for 3 of our regular starters to get back into the rotation and bolster the BP with two of the three young starters. I think there waiting for that to happen to decide what BP trades they may need to make.
tjack16
AG
BREGGY BOMB
dshedd41
S
BREGGY BOMB!
Gig’em Aggies!
RED AG 98
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Gotta start somewhere.
Beat40
PoppaB05 said:

If Joe Smith is still on this roster and Siri isn't starting in CF by mid June I will officially have lost all confidence in the James Click era. This is awful. We aren't the GD Tampa Rays. We have the ability to fix problems within our budget.

What if Siri is offensively the same or worse than Straw by mid June?

And for those in the back, we are not going over the luxury tax unless the move is absolutely right.
mwm
That had to have felt good.

Just like Greinke, Kershaw left the ball up in the zone.
Mathguy64
AG
Not sure what Yordan is expecting. The stats are clear. At 2 strikes it's almost a certainty to be a slider.
Ags #1
AG
Yordan needs to pull a mark grace
mwm
I don't like it a bit, but Kershaw is schoolin' our young kids.
PoppaB05
AG
He's a plus defender with power and tons of energy.
I don't care if he hits .200, he brings alot of other stuff. Straw doesn't. What if he comes up and rakes?
tjack16
AG
We need Diaz back
KC_Ag14
AG
Beat40 said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Farmer1906 said:

aggie0109 said:

I don't understand why you want to make moves just for the sake of making moves.

This offense is among the best in baseball.

It's clear the front office is waiting for 3 of our regular starters to get back into the rotation and bolster the BP with two of the three young starters. I think there waiting for that to happen to decide what BP trades they may need to make.

Could* being the operative word in my post for making a move. Not suggesting they should or shouldn't, but wouldn't be surprised if they did. Specifically an outfielder that brought something to the plate.
Beat40
PoppaB05 said:

He's a plus defender with power and tons of energy.
I don't care if he hits .200, he brings alot of other stuff. Straw doesn't. What if he comes up and rakes?

The problem is no one would calling for him to come up if he didn't start the year off hot. His start to the season hasn't been who he historically is.

Maybe he does rake at this level, but I do think it's somewhat telling the organization wanted to start the year with Chas rather than Siri. At this point I think they aren't willing to move him up because they're wanting to see if his hot start is more than just a hot start.
979ag
AG
Can someone please go wring the neck of these annoying ass kids yelling into the broadcast mic
Chrundle the Great
AG
I haven't been watching, how do we blame this one on Dusty and/or straw?
PoppaB05
AG
Agreed, plus they want another year of club control. I think that comes if he isn't called up till mid June. We can wait till then but at that point he needs to be here if only for his defense.
bearkatag15
AG
979ag said:

Can someone please go wring the neck of these annoying ass kids yelling into the broadcast mic
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
KC_Ag14
AG
Chrundle the Great said:

I haven't been watching, how do we blame this one on Dusty and/or straw?

They showed up in uniform and participated.
bearkatag15
AG
RED AG 98
AG
that's incredible
Deluxe
AG
Paredes is about equal to James now in terms of their gross inability to locate their pitches. Makes me cringe.
Ag_07
AG
Remember when we wanted Parades back?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Walk numbers from our staff the past week have been crazy
Ag_07
AG
They've been crazy all season.

I'd love to see where our entire staff, starters, and BP all rank in walks.
bearkatag15
AG
does everyone we pitch to get a 3-0 count to start with?
tjack16
AG
The bullpen is a serious issue.
mAgnoliAg
AG
What is a strike?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Damn you come in to face a lefty and you throw a 4 pitch walk.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

They've been crazy all season.

I'd love to see where our entire staff, starters, and BP all rank in walks.
According to baseball reference, as of tonight we came in slightly below league average. League average was 156 BBs and we had 154.
First Page Last Page
Page 407 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.