***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,833,537 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Click put this team together? With his very limited cap space, he resigned Brantley and signed Stanek & Baez. He extended McCullers as well. This team was built years ago well before his watch. Jeff did a hell of a job doing it.
bearkatag15
AG
I need a Tucker ****er in my life right about now
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
KC_Ag14
AG
Really miss George during lull spells and series like this. His energy had to be just so contagious. Bet a lot of the guys fed off his fire.
aggie0109
AG
There is no salary cap in baseball. He came from Tampa where they don't spend, that's why Straw starts in center and our bullpen is a disaster
Farmer1906
AG
Perfect shift to LEFT center there. Wtf?!
Beat40
We need one of these bloop singles to fall when we have a guy on second.
Farmer1906
AG
aggie0109 said:

There is no salary cap in baseball. He came from Tampa where they don't spend, that's why Straw starts in center and our bullpen is a disaster

There is a luxury tax. It works like a cap due to the punishments. Crane won't go over again. Stop making up nonsense.
bearkatag15
AG
aggie0109 said:

Crane was pretty public about not wanting to go into the luxury tax. When the owner won't spend what do you expect Click to do? How about wait until about $60 million come off the books this offseason to see what he does then.
Beat40
aggie0109 said:

There is a salary cap if the owner says there is.
aggie0109
AG
I'm not making up nonsense. Someone can disagree with your thinking without making up nonsense. What I said is the truth. Throw Crane in my original statement, our window is closing and instead of capitalising we've taken the cheap way out.
bluefire579
AG
aggie0109 said:

But there is a luxury tax and it affects how teams spend.

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2020/2/5/21124819/a-luxury-tax-refresher-before-spring-training
Marvin
AG
I like it when we hit lots of homers in a game. That's cool.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
YNWA_AG
AG
bluefire579 said:

aggie0109 said:

But there is a luxury tax and it affects how teams spend.

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2020/2/5/21124819/a-luxury-tax-refresher-before-spring-training

Going over the luxury tax also does something to our terrible draft pick situation.
bearkatag15
AG
aggie0109 said:

I'm not making up nonsense. Someone can disagree with your thinking without making up nonsense. What I said is the truth. Throw Crane in my original statement, our window is closing and instead of capitalising we've taken the cheap way out.

you can stop now...
Beat40
aggie0109 said:

Well hey, if you want to pony up $30M to cover Verlander's salary for the year, I'm sure Crane won't object.
Ag_07
AG
4 run on 3 hits

ZG needs to get back to not walking people
Big Al 1992
AG
Joe Smith doing Joe Smith things - giving up lead off single.
Beat40
Marvin said:

I like it when we hit lots of homers in a game. That's cool.

I just want a big hit with multiple guys on base.
Farmer1906
AG
aggie0109 said:

Crane has consistently help his payroll near the top of the league since we started to win. He's one of the few owners to go into the tax. With the punishment for stealing signs, you're suggesting we tack more on by spending into it again.

Click decided to address the bullpen with some vets and address the Of by resigning Brantley. 1 guy got hurt. I'll reserve judgement until at least July. But I have to say the decision looks solid.

What you made up was some nonsense about this Tampa Bay mindset.

Our window is now closing Jeff built this to last and Click is doing nothing to end it. We're not the overwhelming favorites, but you don't need to be. See Nationals, Royals, recently.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Judging off the AL standings right now, both wild card teams are likely to come out of the AL east since the Rays, Yankees, and RedSox are all very close together. Each of them have more wins than anyone in the AL West. If that trend continues, that means that we have to win the division to make the playoffs. The dodgers are the type of team the Astros have to be able to beat if they want to go far in the playoffs. We can't rely on division record alone and get our collective crap shoved in by every contending NL west team.
Beat40
Need a DP ball from Joe here.
Beat40
EastCoastAgNc said:

Judging off the AL standings right now, both wild card teams would come out of the AL east since the Rays, Yankees, and RedSox are all very close together. Each of them have more wins than anyone in the AL West. If that trend continues, that means that we have to win the division to make the playoffs. The dodgers are the type of team the Astros have to be able to beat if they want to go far in the playoffs. We can't rely on division record alone and get our collective crap shoved in by every contending NL west team.

I do think if we get the Framber back we had last year and an effective Odo, it will help a lot of our BP problems. Especially if Taylor can get back and be effective.
Mathguy64
AG
Going 1B to 3B on that ball is a crime. Straw is such a liability.
Beat40
Speaking of Taylor, wasn't his injury just an ankle sprain?
bearkatag15
AG

anyone know if ZG's deferred money we will owe him counts towards the luxury tax total?
RO519
AG
Guess what, Joe smith still sucks.
Beat40
We should be chanting CHEATER to Mookie like hell right now.
tjack16
AG
Joe Smith sucks
cap-n-jack
Good grief.
aggie0109
AG
This team is so solid top to bottom, not sure what I was talking about
Mathguy64
AG
A direct result from Straw not being an adequate CF.
mwm
When Joe Smith throws a wild pitch, he doesn't mess around.
Ag_07
AG
The Joe Smith and Myles Straw combo strikes again.
bearkatag15
AG
Smith has been relegated to pitching when we are down by a lot late in games and he can't even pitch in those situations effectively... He can't remain on this roster when we start getting arms back soon.
Big Al 1992
AG
Joe "Skeeters" Smith
First Page Last Page
Page 406 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.