***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,827,755 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
right now Carlos is sitting on a .749 OPS

strangely enough...Lindor posted a .750 OPS in the COVID year and got the mega-contract. But he had an .854 OPS in 2019.

the Mets thought his 2020 season was an aberration due to everything going on. But so far Lindor's 2020 is continuing into 2021
bearkatag15
AG
Seattle holds on...
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
W
AG
the A's just 5-9 vs. the AL West
Farmer1906
AG
Today's match-up between Greinke and Kershaw has some pretty fun stats to go along with it.

For active pitchers they rank:
#2 and #3 in WAR. 67.8 for Kershaw & 63.6 for Greinke.
#2 and #4 in Wins. 212 for Greinke & 181 for Kershaw.
#3 and #4 in SO. 3737 for Greinke & 2591 for Kershaw.
#1 and #5 in ERA (min 2000 IP). 2.45 for Kershaw & 3.38 for Greinke.

#1 in the first 3 categories is, of course, Justin Verlander.
MAROON
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Is luhnow coming back?
pretty sure Jeff is black balled from MLB for the time being.

He's really busy with other things right now - started a SPAC and is in the process of buying a sports franchise (not baseball related). Plus his lawsuit against Crane probably didn't endure himself to MLB (they settled by the way)
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
bearkatag15
AG

Bagwell?
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Strom on Odorizzi

MAROON
AG
agreed
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Phrasing
AG
We went to the game last night - such a fun experience with kids. Our son got a foul ball since there was barely anyone there and he could run over and grab it. Odorizzi did what he was supposed to do - just throw strikes. He got a lot of K's but gave up some hard hit singles. Looked good overall. We saw Strom out there talking with the coaches and going over the game plan for him.

Siri hit his first ball really hard but their SS made a highlight play on it. He had a rough night after that with three K's.

Garcia went 3 for 4 with a bomb from the left side. No doubter. But interesting to see how far they moved in that fence. Both home runs in the game last night to right field would not have left the yard last year. I think it was good idea though - that fence was pretty far as it was.

De La Cruz looked pretty good with a big 2 RBI double in the 8th.

Just overall a really fun experience and very affordable with really good seats in the $20-$25 range. Highly recommend the trip out there.
3B Paul 97
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bagwell?

I would expect it to be someone from late 70's and all 80's when we were in the same division. Glenn Davis, Terry Puhl, Jose Cruz.
Beat40
Phrasing said:

We went to the game last night - such a fun experience with kids. Our son got a foul ball since there was barely anyone there and he could run over and grab it. Odorizzi did what he was supposed to do - just throw strikes. He got a lot of K's but gave up some hard hit singles. Looked good overall. We saw Strom out there talking with the coaches and going over the game plan for him.

Siri hit his first ball really hard but their SS made a highlight play on it. He had a rough night after that with three K's.

Garcia went 3 for 4 with a bomb from the left side. No doubter. But interesting to see how far they moved in that fence. Both home runs in the game last night to right field would not have left the yard last year. I think it was good idea though - that fence was pretty far as it was.

De La Cruz looked pretty good with a big 2 RBI double in the 8th.

Just overall a really fun experience and very affordable with really good seats in the $20-$25 range. Highly recommend the trip out there.

This is one of the huge advantages of having the AAA team in Sugarland. I love the idea that Strommy can get to our AAA pitchers on an off day and provide some knowledge. Even better that he can be there for a rehab assignment to check things out with his own eyes.

Haven't made it down to Sugarland for a game yet, but looking forward to doing it soon!
Phrasing
AG
Yeah, totally agree. Not to mention all the cross promotional stuff. They are doing Bregman bobble heads this weekend I think. They also sell Astros stuff in the gift shop. We went when it was semi pro and while it was fun, it was hard to get behind actually rooting for them. Now you feel emotionally invested somewhat. And its fun to see the rehab guys and top prospects up close and its a really good brand of baseball. One of the dingers El Paso hit last night was one of the hardest hit balls I have ever seen in person. Laser shot that slammed off the HEB sign in left field. Fun to watch.
Beat40
Poking around baseball reference today and I see we're top in all major offensive categories except for HR. We're below league average in HR.

Just goes to show with some better bullpen performances we'd have a better record for sure.

Once we get Framber, Urquidy, and Odo back in the rotation and can put some of these other starters into the bullpen, I think we're going to go on a really nice run.
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

Poking around baseball reference today and I see we're top in all major offensive categories except for HR. We're below league average in HR.

Just goes to show with some better bullpen performances we'd have a better record for sure.

Once we get Framber, Urquidy, and Odo back in the rotation and can put some of these other starters into the bullpen, I think we're going to go on a really nice run.

Correct. Offense is fine. Starting pitching will be fine. Might take the bullpen another month to bake but it will be fine after we get healthy and re-assign roles. The fact that none of our young bullpen arms have stepped up set us back a little. We'll be good though.
Farmer1906
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Bagwell?

I would expect it to be someone from late 70's and all 80's when we were in the same division. Glenn Davis, Terry Puhl, Jose Cruz.
Gotta be when we were in the NL West. Toy Cannon is usually the answer to HR questions during that time.
Farmer1906
AG
Deluxe said:

Beat40 said:

Correct. Offense is fine. Starting pitching will be fine. Might take the bullpen another month to bake but it will be fine after we get healthy and re-assign roles. The fact that none of our young bullpen arms have stepped up set us back a little. We'll be good though.
Fine? That offense is primo, champ. Why don't you ask the As about our offense.

The bullpen improvement is coming. We just gotta stay patient.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
We went to a few games during their Covid season thing last year and really enjoyed it, I really wish it was closer and Id be there much more often. They had a few things on sale and I bought my son a skeeters hat because it was like $12 and fit his head well even for being oversized and sure enough like 90 days later they were named the AAA affiliate and lets just say I was proud of my parental intuition on the purchase.
Grapesoda2525
bearkatag15 said:

This is true.

I've been screwed over by Bally sports up here in DFW so I can't watch my rangers, but I'm thinking about watching the Astros vs dodgers the next 2 nights because they're on fs1 and espn. Should be good games.
Grapesoda2525
Beat40 said:

The rangers have played 7 or 8 of the top 10 teams in MLB so far. The only ones we haven't seen yet are the A's and dodgers.

Your lineup is definitely the scariest one I've seen so far. You have a lot of guys hitting .300, getting on base, and making things difficult for pitchers. We barely had a lead the whole time we were in Houston. That was a terrible road trip.

I popped in to ask a question about dusty / banister, but I'll head back to the rangers thread now. We have 2 more games until the all star break so i guess I'll see you guys when those games come around.
Deluxe
AG
I didn't mean to imply that our offense isn't primo. Meant "fine" as in fine enough to win a World Series.
W
AG
most HR"s vs. the Dodgers...I'll go with Cesar Cedeno.

the Astros & Dodgers were in the same division his entire Astros career
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

most HR"s vs. the Dodgers...I'll go with Cesar Cedeno.

the Astros & Dodgers were in the same division his entire Astros career
and the winner is....

W
AG
nobody hit home runs vs. the Dodgers 1970's pitching staff --- especially with the old Astrodome dimensions
W
AG
checking baseball reference...

Cedeno had 23 career HR's vs. the Dodgers --- must have hit several as a member of the Reds.

only had 9 career homers at Dodger Stadium in 457 career AB's
Farmer1906
AG
I was hoping someone would get my office reference.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I was hoping someone would get my office reference.
Damn, normally I'm good at picking up on office references
EastCoastAgNc
AG
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
I wish I was sitting behind the visitor dugout tonight but I will make sure Betts and Taylor get an earful from RF
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Dusty was interviewed earlier on 790, mentioned how the feelings of dislike from the dodgers are mutual. The guys prodded him saying they didn't want him out there fighting, Dusty replied he probably had 3 good minutes left in him, but that's about it.
Ag_07
AG
She needs to work on the wording of that tweet because for a split second I had a WTF reaction.
First Page Last Page
Page 400 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.