***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,829,016 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Radio just said Baker giving Yordan a day off because he's lost at the plate right now. Please tell me that's not true. He didn't say that, right?
TRM
AG
He only looks lost because the umps are screwing him with bad strike 1 calls.
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Radio just said Baker giving Yordan a day off because he's lost at the plate right now. Please tell me that's not true. He didn't say that, right?

He's currently in an 0-10 slump.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Farmer1906
AG
TEN WHOLE AT BATS?!
12law
AG
WE HAVE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

**** off day for Yordan the one game I actually go to
How can you complain about getting to see Biggio-Bagwell 2.0 hitting back to back?
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

TEN WHOLE AT BATS?!

This was my beef with the comment. It's 10 at bats. But please let's throw Straw and McCormick in the lineup together. Sounds great.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Did someone actually hear Dusty say that in context, or are we just being the neighborhood sewing circle?
k20dub
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

He actually said that. Sounds like they are opting to work him in the cage to figure out what's wrong rather than putting him in the lineup.
tjack16
AG
Straw gets day off, "get him some rest"

Yordan gets day off, "it's because he's slumping"
Frok
AG
Maybe Dusty needs a day off to go tweak his situational decision-making
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This is the biggest copout I've ever seen. "Yeah our bullpen sucks, but we're not gonna do anything about it." I miss lunhow. Something tells me click isn't gonna do anything at the deadline because he's too afraid to spend daddy's money.
Bulldog73
AG
I hear what you're saying, but wasn't the FO saying very similar type things before trading for JV? I could be mistaken because it's been a while.
Cromagnum
AG
Get a W today. Rest a day. Then beat some Dodgers asses.
Farmer1906
AG
What do you think Jeff would do? We have 4 guys we're going to add. It'll go a long way.
bullard21k
AG
I actually think Garcia to the pen could solve multiple issues and isn't some minor move. would stick him in the stopper or holder role immediately. Doesn't have control issues and pounds the zone.

I don't have a problem using abreau, parades or stanek in middle relief...I just have a problem using these guys in tight and very late in ball games because all they do is issue free base on balls constantly.

Stanek more than the others I think is correctable and just a few bad outings strung together. The other guys are young and zero clue where any pitch is going and do nothing but try to blow the doors off every batter and over throw instead of locating.

Once framber and urquidy is back you will have 2 options to move to the pen - odorrizi or Javier. Either of these arms would be a clear upgrade over 95% of the people we are daily trotting out there.

We are over using a lot of guys right as we don't have great options currently...in the next 14 days that will drastically change
Cromagnum
AG
Do not care for those baby blue Rangers uniforms.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ok the concourses are pretty nice here, and obviously Texas live outside is very impressive but outside is still ugly
tjack16
AG
Cromagnum said:

Do not care for those baby blue Rangers uniforms.

I like Powder blue. I just don't like the hats.
Cromagnum
AG
Good lord. I blinked and this half was over.
tjack16
AG
Well that half inning was ... quick
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Framber, Jake, and Urquidy are starters. That doesn't matter. Who knows what will get from Baez, he seems to be an injury case. Taylor is inconsistent. I doubt we'll ever see Austin Pruitt. Josh James is gas can Gregerson all over again. Garcia and Javier, if they move to the bullpen, they are long relief options, but we don't necessarily need long relief. We need short relief, leverage guys, kinda like what Joe Smith and Will Harris were in 2019. We are backed in a corner having to use a bunch of rookies with ticking service clocks who seen to have serious issues with control. That might work at the minor league level where hitters well saying at most anything, but it will not cut it in the majors.
tjack16
AG
What a concept. Throw strikes and good things happen!
Bregxit
AG
tjack16 said:

What a concept. Throw strikes and good things happen!

I find our younguns' lack of control disturbing. /Vader
Cromagnum
AG
Deluxe
AG
bullard21k said:

I actually think Garcia to the pen could solve multiple issues and isn't some minor move. would stick him in the stopper or holder role immediately. Doesn't have control issues and pounds the zone.

I don't have a problem using abreau, parades or stanek in middle relief...I just have a problem using these guys in tight and very late in ball games because all they do is issue free base on balls constantly.

Stanek more than the others I think is correctable and just a few bad outings strung together. The other guys are young and zero clue where any pitch is going and do nothing but try to blow the doors off every batter and over throw instead of locating.

Once framber and urquidy is back you will have 2 options to move to the pen - odorrizi or Javier. Either of these arms would be a clear upgrade over 95% of the people we are daily trotting out there.

We are over using a lot of guys right as we don't have great options currently...in the next 14 days that will drastically change

Agreed on almost all fronts. I have a longer bullpen post in the works but waiting til the off day tomorrow.
iamtheglove
EastCoastAgNc said:

Framber, Jake, and Urquidy are starters. That doesn't matter. Who knows what will get from Baez, he seems to be an injury case. Taylor is inconsistent. I doubt we'll ever see Austin Pruitt. Josh James is gas can Gregerson all over again. Garcia and Javier, if they move to the bullpen, they are long relief options, but we don't necessarily need long relief. We need short relief, leverage guys, kinda like what Joe Smith and Will Harris were in 2019. We are backed in a corner having to use a bunch of rookies with ticking service clocks who seen to have serious issues with control. That might work at the minor league level where hitters well saying at most anything, but it will not cut it in the majors.
I see no issue with pitching both Javier and Garcia in short relief. They both seem to have the right demeanor, command and stuff to handle it.
tjack16
AG
Wtf was that ....
mAgnoliAg
AG
Wow
aggie0109
AG
This has losing 9 out of 10 vibes coming to it with who we play this week and next.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

One other note I missed from clicks interview
mwm
C'mon, blue. You didn't need a make-up call there.
Beat40
mwm said:

C'mon, blue. You didn't need a make-up call there.

I missed it. What happened that would require a make up call?
First Page Last Page
Page 392 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.