***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,833,373 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
6-4-3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lance escapes again.
Deluxe
AG
Chas alpha'd Tucker there
Johnsy3
AG
McCormick
StaffRat
AG
Myles. See the way Chaz took charge there?
Deluxe
AG
Johnsy3 said:

McCormick

He calls off other OF way better than Straw
tjack16
AG
Deluxe said:

Johnsy3 said:

McCormick

He calls off other OF way better than Straw
that's another big thing. I can count 3 collisions of would be collisions caused by Straw this season and out other OF looked pissed at him.

There was one where I thought he would injure altuve
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I don't know what the organization expected when they decided to go with straw in CF. "Hey let's take a guy who hasn't played the field or batted regularly in 3 years and make him our everyday CF. What could possibly go wrong?"
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Really quick inning. LMJ right back out
Harry Dunne
Deluxe said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Too bad for us dusty is blind

I get that Dusty has to say this until the org is ready to move on from Straw as the everyday CF. And understand why we gave Straw a long leash. Gotta make sure you give him enough ABs to succeed. He hasn't though. Chas has some pop. Time for him to play.
I think

1. Straw sucks right now, but...
2. We still haven't given him enough ABs.

He was a good hitter at all levels of the minors and even though he's probably another Derek Fisher, we don't want him to end up being another JD Davis. The hot hand should be getting the ABs, but Chas isn't anything more than a role player, so as long as we are not sitting the next George Springer to give Straw ABs, he should be worked into the mix. The difference with Straw vs. Davis and some of the other guys we have traded away too early is that there just weren't enough ABs to go around at the time.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The astros have at least three losses this year because of his awful defense. He is statistically the worst defensive center fielder in the league. How many more games do we need to lose before they realize straw is not a mlb-quality player?
Cromagnum
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Deluxe said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I get that Dusty has to say this until the org is ready to move on from Straw as the everyday CF. And understand why we gave Straw a long leash. Gotta make sure you give him enough ABs to succeed. He hasn't though. Chas has some pop. Time for him to play.
I think

He was a good hitter at all levels of the minors and even though he's probably another Derek Fisher, we don't want him to end up being another JD Davis. The hot hand should be getting the ABs, but Chas isn't anything more than a role player, so as long as we are not sitting the next George Springer to give Straw ABs, he should be worked into the mix. The difference with Straw vs. Davis and some of the other guys we have traded away too early is that there just weren't enough ABs to go around at the time.

Did you watch yesterday's game? Any fastball quicker than about 92 mph he was pitifully behind.
agdaddy04
AG
Something that worries me about Straw is his speed. That's supposed to be his strength but his sprint speed the last two years has dropped off considerably.
Harry Dunne
Cromagnum said:

Harry Dunne said:

Deluxe said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

I think

Did you watch yesterday's game? Any fastball quicker than about 92 mph he was pitifully behind.
Yep, I just posted that on the last page. And I just posted that he's probably Derek Fisher 2.0.

I'm optimistic, but I'm not blind.

The funny thing about this thread is that it can be like a bunch of menstruating women cycling together. It's like you have to either be all in or all out on a topic and there's no room for anything in the middle. Right now everyone is all in on hating Straw and that's fine. I'm not going for blue stars - this is just my opinion.

He's sucking pretty hard and I don't like seeing him out there, but platooning him in center when our other option ain't exactly Mike Trout isn't going to be the thing that keeps us out of the playoffs...and who knows, maybe he'll figure it out.
6-4-3
AG
Lance acting like his arm is stiff.
Cromagnum
AG
He was pretty clutch when we used him as a pinch runner. I think he's a one trick pony that's starting to lose some of the shine.
Harry Dunne
Cromagnum said:

He was pretty clutch when we used him as a pinch runner. I think he's a one trick pony that's starting to lose some of the shine.
Unfortunately you are probably right and it would be ideal to have someone else we could slide into CF, but I highly doubt Chas is going to be the man either.
wangus12
AG
LMJ is garbage today
jetch17
AG
Harry Dunne
Time for LMJ to be an ace and figure out how to give us 6 IP & 3 ER without his good stuff.
agdaddy04
AG
Ton of Ks. Ton of walks
agdaddy04
AG
wangus12 said:

LMJ is garbage today

I wouldn't say garbage
cap-n-jack
TK I really don't care if Lance qualifies for a win or not. I just want the Astros to win and Lance isn't doing his part right now.
PSully97
AG
agdaddy04 said:

wangus12 said:

LMJ is garbage today

I wouldn't say garbage
Not in command of his pitches.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=5/22/2021&gamePk=634079&chartType=heatmap&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=pitch3d#634079
htxag09
AG
cap-n-jack said:

TK I really don't care if Lance qualifies for a win or not. I just want the Astros to win and Lance isn't doing his part right now.

Yeah. I care when the starting pitcher throws 6 scoreless and we don't score either. When we spot him two runs in the 1st and he continues to walk 2+ batters an inning I don't give two ****s
Harry Dunne
cap-n-jack said:

Yeah that wasn't my point at all. IDGAF about pitcher wins. I just mean that he has to find a way to give us a few more innings and keep us in the game.
Harry Dunne
Chrundle the Great said:

If he's worried about Straw's feels he can just use the old "well I can't take the bat out of chas's hands right now so straw has to sit"
Best-case scenario would be Chas continuing to rake and taking the choice out of Dusty's hands, but I thought Emanuel had done that and what did I know?
mwm
We need to score a couple here.
jah003
S
This just assures that Straw will be in the starting lineup tomorrow.
htxag09
AG
Chas needs to be in motion here.
6-4-3
AG
Nice! Way to execute.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tuckers inability to hustle really grinds my gears.
PSully97
AG
htxag09 said:

Chas needs to be in motion here.
tjack16
AG
Dusty postgame

"Chas did some nice things out there. But we gotta get Straw back in. His speed is a weapon. Instead of grounding into a double play, he beats it out into a fielders choice. Also he's so quick that when he makes a bad defensive play, he recovers fast and it only costs us 1 run instead of 2."
PSully97
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Tuckers inability to hustle really grinds my gears.
He looked pretty good getting to 3rd there.
6-4-3
AG
Looks likes Lance may have been saying something to the dugout through his glove heading back to the dugout. Maybe something along the lines of "I feel fine so don't even think about not giving me the 5th." We shall see.
First Page Last Page
Page 388 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.