***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,828,651 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Or a hit
MosesHallRAB04
AG
mwm said:

I'm afraid we have "bad" Lance today.

Bad lance would've given up 4-5 there
Bobcat-Ag
Looks like we might get to the bullpen early today.
agdaddy04
AG
When I saw the time stamp of your post and the second sentence, thought you were from the future.
jah003
S
No hitter still alive... just need about 6 pitches an inning from here on out.
Cromagnum
AG
Deluxe said:

I wonder if that's a record for most pitches thrown in an inning without giving up a run

Gotta be close.
Cromagnum
AG
LOL. 4 strikeouts in the first inning.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Chas with the bomb.
jetch17
AG
Chazzzzz
Deluxe
AG
Chas makes things happen
Teddy Perkins
AG
Chasgasm
Deluxe
AG
That's my CF
StaffRat
AG
I wonder if he can play cf
Ags #1
AG
More chaz olease
agdaddy04
AG
7 hits.. 3 hr's - why does this guy not get more playing time?
jah003
S
Send Myles to AAA now.
Chrundle the Great
AG
If straw plays over him tomorrow I'm snatching dusty's tie dye mask and slapping him with it
dshedd41
S
CHAS!
Gig’em Aggies!
Deluxe
AG
There's zero reason Straw should be starting ahead of Chas anymore. Zero.
agdaddy04
AG
StaffRat said:

I wonder if he can play cf
pretty sure he has already this year hasn't he?

ok - now I feel like a dumbass since he's playing it TODAY
6-4-3
AG
Deluxe said:

I wonder if that's a record for most pitches thrown in an inning without giving up a run

DeGrom once threw 45 without allowing a run.
jah003
S
Fun fact... Chas has infinity % more home runs than Myles this year.
Bobcat-Ag
Lyles could go longer in this game than Lance and neither might make it 5 innings.
12law
AG
Is Chas the answer? Right now the entire lineup looks good against Lyles.

But man, Straw is just a backup, at best. Let's give Chas a shot!
tjack16
AG
If Chas isn't getting at least half of the starts in the outfield over straw the next few weeks then I just don't know what to tell you about Dusty at this point
StaffRat
AG
Yes. A bit tongue in cheek. Real question is why is he not out there more.
tjack16
AG
jah003 said:

If chas didn't take another AB the rest of the season he would finish the year with more HR than him.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Too bad for us dusty is blind
Chrundle the Great
AG
If he's worried about Straw's feels he can just use the old "well I can't take the bat out of chas's hands right now so straw has to sit"
tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

If only we had about 45 games this season so far to see if Straw is any good...
Harry Dunne
Chas is not the defensive stud that Jake was, but he's got that same pop. I can handle the lower BA and OBP if it comes with some bombs.

Defense aside, the thing about Straw is that he has zero power and so the OF can play him like it's a softball field. Last night he hit a ball down the line that would have been a double for anyone else, but they had him played shallow and shaded to the right because he couldn't possibly get around on an outside fastball. Next AB he hit a line drive that would have dropped in front of the RF for anyone else but again, Gallo was there ready to make the play.
Cromagnum
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Chas is not the defensive stud that Jake was, but he's got that same pop. I can handle the lower BA and OBP if it comes with some bombs.

Defense aside, the thing about Straw is that he has zero power and so the OF can play him like it's a softball field. Last night he hit a ball down the line that would have been a double for anyone else, but they had him played shallow and shaded to the right because he couldn't possibly get around on an outside fastball. Next AB he hit a line drive that would have dropped in front of the RF for anyone else but again, Gallo was there ready to make the play.

I will take strong hitting and okay to good defense every time over weak hitting and phenomenal defense.
Harry Dunne
tjack16 said:

jah003 said:

If chas didn't take another AB the rest of the season he would finish the year with more HR than him.
The other night when Shane Reynolds was on the broadcast and someone mentioned he was a pretty good hitter I looked it up and he has 5 career HR in 546 AB.

Made me think there's exactly 0% chance Straw has has 5 in the next 200 ABs. Pretty good chance he ends up with less career HR than Shane.
Harry Dunne
Cromagnum said:

Harry Dunne said:

I will take strong hitting and okay to good defense every time over weak hitting and phenomenal defense.
For sure. You have 4-5 times per game where the hitting can make an impact. Very unlikely you have that many chances per game to affect the outcome in the outfield. Plus I'm not sure that there is as big of a difference defensively (overall, not just foot speed) between Straw and Chas.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I get that Dusty has to say this until the org is ready to move on from Straw as the everyday CF. And understand why we gave Straw a long leash. Gotta make sure you give him enough ABs to succeed. He hasn't though. Chas has some pop. Time for him to play.
First Page Last Page
Page 387 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.