***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,832,596 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
did anyone see a comment from Straw or Brantley on the muffed fly ball - did anyone in the press ask them about it?

That video makes it look like Uncle Mike was about to go off on Miles. I imagine Miles said something like "I thought you had it".
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
If the Dodgers keep a 5-man rotation and don't give extra days of rest, looking like David Price on Tuesday and Tyler Bauer on Wednesday.
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

If the Dodgers keep a 5-man rotation and don't give extra days of rest, looking like David Price on Tuesday and Tyler Bauer on Wednesday.

ESPN is predicting this as the rotation schedule.
scrimp
AG
I have no idea who said what, but Brantley did have a "WTF?" look on his face on when he quickly turned around, seemingly in response to something Straw said.....
Johnsy3
AG
Looking at the top teams around the league at the quarter mark:

1. Giants, 28-16, .636, +57. 1st place NLW
2. White Sox, 26-16, .619, +73. 1st place ALC
3. Padres, 27-17, .614, +51, 2nd place NLW
4. Red Sox, 27-18, .600, +42, 1st place ALE
5. Astros, 26-18, .591, +66, 1st place ALW
6. Dodgers, 26-18, .591, +62 3rd place NLW
7. Cardinals, 25-18, .581, +20, 1st place NLC
8. Rays, 26-19, .578, +38, 2nd place ALE
9. Athletics, 26-19, .578, -18, 2nd place ALW
10. Yankees, 25-19, .568, +15, 3rd place ALE

The Mets are the NL East's top team. They would be 13th in winning % (.541) behind the Indians (.561) and the Blue Jays (.548)
bearkatag15
AG

I hope we lock Espada up as the next manager soon. He seems to be a guy that will get snatched up this offseason by someone.
TarponChaser
MAROON said:

did anyone see a comment from Straw or Brantley on the muffed fly ball - did anyone in the press ask them about it?

That video makes it look like Uncle Mike was about to go off on Miles. I imagine Miles said something like "I thought you had it".

And that's the CF's ball every damn time.

On tweeners like that the CF has the ROW just like the OF coming in on a shallow fly ball takes precedence over an infielder backing up to get it.
SW-14
AG
What do you think the likelihood of the Giants keeping up this pace is?
Bregxit
AG
TarponChaser said:

Beat40 said:

bearkatag15 said:

As someone in the comments point out, shouldn't they play that for Mookie too?

And Reddick is just an excellent dude too. After Harvey completely destroyed Kingwood HS and the baseball team lost all their gear he paid for them to get all new custom uniforms, cleats, etc.

And the million dollar ballpark he built back in his hometown with access for special needs kids. Love Reddick man!

bluefire579
AG
It's unfortunate he fell off so quickly performance-wise. He was such a good presence in the clubhouse and obviously a positive member of whatever community he's a part of, and it was clear he and his wife liked being here. Just doesn't have it like he used to.
Beat40
bluefire579 said:

It's unfortunate he fell off so quickly performance-wise. He was such a good presence in the clubhouse and obviously a positive member of whatever community he's a part of, and it was clear he and his wife liked behind here. Just doesn't have it like he used to.
I feel the worst for Josh because there is evidence he clearly didn't participate in the sign stealing and yet the comments he would receive when he'd post a picture of his sons was just infuriating.
htxag09
AG
bluefire579 said:

It's unfortunate he fell off so quickly performance-wise. He was such a good presence in the clubhouse and obviously a positive member of whatever community he's a part of, and it was clear he and his wife liked behind here. Just doesn't have it like he used to.

But he did make it far longer than most. He hit that 10 year mark, getting him the pension. So he'll be good.
cc10106
Dip**** pro sports fans for ya. They probably have a gambling problem as well.
bearkatag15
AG

some insight into what to expect from Ivey tonight.

wangus12
AG
Big league debut and he's from Rowlett. Hope he shines tonight. Plus he needs to keep Gallo supplied with K's so he can hit that record
EastCoastAgNc
AG
So who goes down / on the IL when Ivey goes on the roster?
bearkatag15
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

So who goes down / on the IL when Ivey goes on the roster?
Smith hasn't pitched since last Friday. Only pitcher that hasn't pitched all week.... usually that means something.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Ivey is not very good at all on the show
Proudag06
AG
So what's the consensus view on wearing my Springer jersey to the game? It's got 2017 World Series patch and he was MVP but not a Stro today. Wear it or something else?
bearkatag15
AG
Proudag06 said:

So what's the consensus view on wearing my Springer jersey to the game? It's got 2017 World Series patch and he was MVP but not a Stro today. Wear it or something else?

Wear it 100%
Marvin
AG
Proudag06 said:

I got a closet full of worthless jerseys if current team is a qualifier. Maybe home/road is a consideration for when to wear it, but. I say sport it loud and proud wherever brother!
agproducer
AG
Proudag06 said:

Absolutely wear it. He's no longer on the team, but he will always be our World Series MVP. No Astros fan should knock you for it.
Marvin
AG
Mrs. Marvin and I have planned our first roadie of the season. We are headed to Cleveland for July 4th weekend. We'll see one or two Astros games while also squeezing in trips to Detroit and Pittsburgh... not to mention the Rock & Roll HOF. That'll clear 3 more stadiums and a lower level bucket list item off the list. Can't wait!
Marvin
AG
Watching a replay of yesterday's game. Brantley just lasered Straw in half with that stare. Haha, I bet he stood there in CF feeling completely naked afterwards. That's a "wanna get away" commercial.
Farmer1906
AG
[url=http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=sa915710][/url]
Quote:

Ronnie Dawson, DH, Houston Astros
Level & Affiliate: Triple-A Sugar Land Age: 26 Org Rank: NR FV: 40
Line:
3-for-5, SB, K
Notes
When Houston was faced with a mid-April COVID outbreak, Dawson was one of the prospects tapped to fill in on the major league roster. For many, this was an introduction to the then25-year-old (his birthday was on Wednesday) who didn't quite make Eric Longenhagen's Astros list, though he was mentioned as an older, potential role player. A three-hit night on Thursday should be encouraging for those hoping to see him address what has been considered his most significant hurdle: his hit tool. All three of his hits were opposite-field singles, and two of them came on two-strike counts where Dawson demonstrated his ability to adjust his swing, rather than aiming to show off his power.
The other commonly mentioned concern regarding Dawson's minor league career has been his swing-and-miss issues. Since his debut season in 2016, his strikeout rate has always been significantly higher than his walk rate, but so far this year, the opposite has been true, as he has already walked 17 times this year against only nine strikeouts under his belt. That makes for a BB/K of 1.89 third best in all of Triple-A and a slash line of .349/.541/.535.
Let's give him a shot at CF. He ain't getting any younger.
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Requires a 40 man move, not gonna happen
EastCoastAgNc
AG
halfastros81
AG
Something that has likely been previously discussed but have noticed the Astros play stronger vs good teams than bad ones. I refer to sweeps by the Rockies and Tigers as Exhibit A. I suppose the Covid outages were a fair piece of it . At the run differential the Astros have .591 baseball seems light.
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

And we were top in 2017 as well
Mr.Bond
AG

Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

The Milkman
AG
I just want to say I'm poolside at La Cantera reading Keith Law's Inside Game. This book is excellent. Highly recommend for any baseball fan and for anyone interested in decision making.
Farmer1906
AG
wangus12 said:

Farmer1906 said:

And we were top in 2017 as well
Thinking he left out 2017 on purpose to show we don't strike out even without cheating.
Proudag06
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Cut down on the double plays (the only downside of putting so many balls in play) and this offense will be scary good
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Requires a 40 man move, not gonna happen
Sounds like we need to work on a trade to send Nivaldo Rodriguez & Abraham Toro to pick up some low A prospects. That'll free up two spots to try Dawson and/or Siri.
First Page Last Page
Page 373 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.