***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,791,289 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
RO519
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

mannnnnnn

Gah, that would be a fantastic walk up song for Yordan!
Bassmaster
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

I don't understand how liking Cole today is even an option. For me, it has nothing to do with the Yankees and everything to do with the fact that he distanced himself from the Astros about 0.4 seconds after the final out of the World Series was recorded, publicly claiming free agent status while his (former) teammates were still licking their wounds just a few feet away. There are better ways to handle that and better ways to be a teammate and friend, business or no business, and he showed his true colors in that moment. **** that guy. Just my opinion.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

bluefire579
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

It's like when people get upset about a team scoring a TD in garbage time. At the end of the day, it's your job to stop them.
agdaddy04
AG
I'd say it's even dumber to be worried about - there's no clock in baseball, you've got to get all 27 outs or 24 outs if you lose... no way around it. In football you can at least run it out.
Ag_07
AG
This will be an interesting series.

Are the As gonna get up and prove that the beat down we put on them earlier wasn't a fluke or are we going assert our dominance over the As and take rightful spot at the top of the division?
FredMc92
bluefire579 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

It's like when people get upset about a team scoring a TD in garbage time. At the end of the day, it's your job to stop them.

The swinging on 3-0 doesn't bother me, but isn't the issue that he had a take sign?

If the head coach told the qb to kneel and the qb ran his own play to score that garbage time TD, there would be consequences.
Farmer1906
AG
At this point the White Sox are winning in spite of LaRussa. I'm not sure they could have made much worse of a hire.
k20dub
AG
Farmer1906
AG
Mathguy voodoo
MAROON
AG
Or that they were a threat for the division, but that has to pretty much sink their chances
FredMc92
Farmer1906 said:

At this point the White Sox are winning in spite of LaRussa. I'm not sure they could have made much worse of a hire.
Based on anything other than the extra-inning rule he didn't know? I don't keep up with the White Sox.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy voodoo
He better keep our players names out his mouth.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

LaRussa is gonna have this clubhouse hating him pretty quick.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
astros4545
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Is he being forced to stay on the mound? At least let him go to bed
EastCoastAgNc
AG
astros4545 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Is he being forced to stay on the mound? At least let him go to bed
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Mathguy voodoo

Yo.
Farmer1906
AG
FredMc92 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Based on anything other than the extra-inning rule he didn't know? I don't keep up with the White Sox.

Are you not reading this whole page. He's about to lose the locker room while having the best record in baseball. What and see what happens when they cool down.
McInnis
AG
Ag_07 said:

Are the As gonna get up and prove that the beat down we put on them earlier wasn't a fluke or are we going assert our dominance over the As and take rightful spot at the top of the division?

The A's are in first place with a team BA of .223 and ERA of 4.11. Very strange.
Mathguy64
AG
McInnis said:

Ag_07 said:

The A's are in first place with a team BA of .223 and ERA of 4.11. Very strange.

They have rediscovered the long lost Rangers magic juju for having the magic ability to win 1 run games.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

FredMc92 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Are you not reading this whole page. He's about to lose the locker room while having the best record in baseball. What and see what happens when they cool down.
It's amazing how a man with 2 DUI's can whine about someone breaking unwritten rules. Irony lives on.
FredMc92
Farmer1906 said:

FredMc92 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Wait - so you think he's going to lose the locker room because he told the guy to take on 3-0?

Or you think he's going to lose the locker room because he wasn't happy that the guy blew off his sign on 3-0?

I'm pretty sure the other players understand they're supposed to follow the signs they're given.
bearkatag15
AG
Yuli moved into the cleanup spot
RED AG 98
AG
McInnis said:

Ag_07 said:

Indeed, and don't forget the -8 run differential. Certainly a candidate to regress as the season plays out.
Farmer1906
AG
The game and culture has clearly passed him by. It was a extremely puzzling hire and it's already proving to be dysfunctional. They hate him in Chicago and they're the best team in baseball.
Farmer1906
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Lmao
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It's funny because it's true
cap-n-jack
Why do you say they hate him in Chicago? And who is they? Players or fans or other?
If I'm understanding all this correctly I've got no problem with La Russa saying what he did. Why are you swinging at a 3-0 pitch when you're up 10 or whatever it was.
Farmer1906
AG
They are the fans of The Sox. It could very well be the players too. He's already made a giant mistake by making his pitcher run. He's crushing a guy for no good reason. It's not unreasonable to think the guys don't trust/believe in him.

Why wouldn't you? He saw a pitch he could crush and he did.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
rdunham98 said:

McInnis said:

Ag_07 said:

Indeed, and don't forget the -8 run differential. Certainly a candidate to regress as the season plays out.

The As always win like this. If it's high scoring they probably lose. Low scoring, watch out.
FredMc92
Farmer1906 said:

They are the fans of The Sox. It could very well be the players too. He's already made a giant mistake by making his pitcher run. He's crushing a guy for no good reason. It's not unreasonable to think the guys don't trust/believe in him.

Why wouldn't you? He saw a pitch he could crush and he did.
No good reason? He had a take sign.

You know who else gets take signs? Literally every other player in the major leagues.

You know what they do when they get a take a sign?

They take the pitch and move on with their life.

I think you're WAY overblowing this in the clubhouse.

We definitely agree that this was a strange hire, but if you think the clubhouse is dysfunctional because of the extra inning thing and this thing...well, I don't agree.

I guess I've always had issues with people who say teams are winning "in spite of" a manager or coach instead of just admitting they were wrong when they thought someone was a terrible hire.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I didn't realize how controversial that was.... I think it's pretty simple to understand, in my opinion:

1) it's okay to hit a bomb up 10+ runs
2) it's okay to hit a bomb off a position player up 10+ runs
3) it's okay to hit a bomb off a position player in every count, except 3-0

Maybe I'm crazy though
Farmer1906
AG
Why is he putting a take sign on up like 13? If for no other reason than some made up rule in his head then It just proved my point he's in over his head.
First Page Last Page
Page 345 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.