***Official Houston Astros 2021 Season Thread***

3,790,473 Views | 73542 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Teddy Perkins
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

All he said was 'I don't like it but...'

I could see Blum saying something not too far off.
agdaddy04
AG
Pujols - 1 for 3 with an rbi in his dodger debut so far...
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Another series with the As and yet another series where they hide that rat fink on the IL.
htxag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

No way TK or Blum say some dumb ass comment like that after our best hitter swings away on a 3-0 pitch from a position player in an 11 run game. That is some weak **** there

I mean I'm fine with him swinging 3-0 in that situation, but lol at this hr helping to put food on the table
JABQ04
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

Another series with the As and yet another series where they hide that rat fink on the IL.

I don't know what they're afraid of it would be good drama.

Also with our luck that d-bag would no hit us. Still can't believe that rat faced **** had two no hitters.
Prosperdick
AG
htxag09 said:

bearkatag15 said:

No way TK or Blum say some dumb ass comment like that after our best hitter swings away on a 3-0 pitch from a position player in an 11 run game. That is some weak **** there

I mean I'm fine with him swinging 3-0 in that situation, but lol at this hr helping to put food on the table
Yes but the food is wagyu beef and caviar.
Deluxe
AG
Ya hate to see Arlington's dominance over Gerrit Cole continue
Prosperdick
AG
Just looking at run differentials and man, can the AL East and NL East be any different?
Farmer1906
AG
Member when we liked Cole.

Deluxe
AG
Speaking of Josh James fastball, glad we haven't had to see Josh James's fastball this year
Buck Compton
AG
htxag09 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Yermin Mercedes is a rookie, on a pre-arb rookie deal... he's probably made about $70,000 this year take home so far. That's after being in the minors making $15,000 take home a year for like 6-7 years...

This breakout year is 100% life changing for his family. From probably struggling to put food on the table to being set up for life if he continues. This year will buy him some time even if he struggles where he is practically guaranteed to get arbitration and start to make real cash. Not to mention the large extended family he's likely going to support.

Ben was correct.
htxag09
AG
No doubt this year will be life changing. I 100% stand by my comment. Nobody is giving him a contract because he hit a bomb off a position player. Sure, it'll go into his stats as a whole and nobody will take it out when looking at him. But this hr is stil absolutely irrelevant in the grand scheme of him and his contract negotiations.
Mathguy64
AG
Putting food on Yermin's table is hilarious. That dude isn't missing any meals now. He looks like he's a human wrecking ball for a pregame buffet table. In 2 years he's going to put Prince Fielder to shame.
tjack16
AG
Does anybody here dislike him?
Farmer1906
AG
We may be getting into semantics but I think it's safe to say most of us are rooting against him and enjoyed him getting lit up last night. Is that dislike? Maybe. I don't personally dislike him. It's nothing like Springer. I hope he stays the same old successful George, but goes 0fers vs Houston.
bluefire579
AG
Pretty close to my thoughts on the matter. I don't dislike him at all and am very thankful for what he did here, but the Yankees are one of the few teams I root against at all times (unless them winning benefits us in some way). Since he chose to tie himself to them, I'll be rooting against him more often than not.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah it's different for sure.

Cole was a hired hand who was dominate for us over the 3 year stretch he was here. I'm appreciative of that. We used him and he used us. It was good.

George was a homegrown product and the heart and centerpiece of our entire turn around. His number will be hanging from the rafters at some point.

Cole can get beat like a rented mule for all I care.
SW-14
AG
The whole outrage over him hitting that HR is silly. If you don't want to give up a HR, maybe you shouldn't put in a position player throwing little league pitches.
bearkatag15
AG
A cool video message from Kent Emmanuel.

ZG apparently bought the entire team dinner last night.

Farmer1906
AG
Only 2 year stretch. He wasn't here for the championship or the covid year.
Ag_07
AG
Oh man you're right.

Seems like he was here longer than just 2.

But damn we was good...Really fkn good
07ag
AG
bearkatag15 said:

awesome, hope they all made sure to wash their hands first
https://ts.la/eric59704
The Milkman
AG

So funny
MaxPower
I don't enjoy him getting lit. I enjoy the Yankees losing but wish Cole individual success.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

The Milkman
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Right field more closely aligning with MMP's I'm guessing is the reason for that? Ours is 326
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I don't understand how liking Cole today is even an option. For me, it has nothing to do with the Yankees and everything to do with the fact that he distanced himself from the Astros about 0.4 seconds after the final out of the World Series was recorded, publicly claiming free agent status while his (former) teammates were still licking their wounds just a few feet away. There are better ways to handle that and better ways to be a teammate and friend, business or no business, and he showed his true colors in that moment. **** that guy. Just my opinion.
redline248
AG
Certainly wasn't a good look for him
agdaddy04
AG
Not sure why it bothers me so much but it seems very few on here spell Emanuel's last name right. Is there some inside joke I'm not privy to?
astros4545
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Not sure why it bothers me so much but it seems very few on here spell Emanuel's last name right. Is there some inside joke I'm not privy to?
bearkatag15
AG
agdaddy04 said:

I just can't spell worth a **** and usually don't care enough to go back and change it
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Emanuel is my middle name!
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Real Jake Marisnick wine night vibes coming from Kent.
W
AG
The Milkman said:

So funny
yep, it's such old news with Trout.

this isn't like Ernie Banks when only 1 in 10 teams made the playoffs back in the 60's.

5 of 15 teams make the playoffs in each league. Last year it was 8 of 15

gigemJTH12
AG
mannnnnnn

First Page Last Page
Page 344 of 2102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.